E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Need some helo with LED Indicator bulbs and Resistor please (w/pics)

08-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
StevieB
Rep
Drives: 2005 320i SE

Question Need some helo with LED Indicator bulbs and Resistor please (w/pics)

Hi All,

I bought some really nice led indicator bulbs from autobulbsdirect.co.uk, tried them out .. looked amazing no errors as canbus compatible but flashed too fast so I bought they're resister pack. now i've received them i'm abit stuck as i'm not sure which wires to tap into?

here's a pic of what I have:

Thanks

Steve
      08-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

It should go in parallel according to diagram in your photo. So one leg should go to one wire and other to other wire.
Now you work out how you manage it, as splicing OEM wiring is not ideal mate.

You can try to take out the connector wires and see if you can add additional wires to it and other end of those additional wires can go to these resistors.

Or if you have anybody with autologic in your area, ask him to uncheck indicator testing on your car and that should do.
      08-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
StevieB
Rep
Drives: 2005 320i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
It should go in parallel according to diagram in your photo. So one leg should go to one wire and other to other wire.
Now you work out how you manage it, as splicing OEM wiring is not ideal mate.

You can try to take out the connector wires and see if you can add additional wires to it and other end of those additional wires can go to these resistors.

Or if you have anybody with autologic in your area, ask him to uncheck indicator testing on your car and that should do.
Thanks for the reply,

Yeh I agree about the wiring so I'm not gonna splice anything! i think i might try and add additional wires ... I'm considering getting these led tail lights:

then using the led for indicators so may just wait and see what the wiring situation is when they arrive.