E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > best 335d tune (egr,dpf,scr, swirl flaps) deleted

01-13-2023, 05:10 AM   #1
C6kid
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d, e92 m3

Garage List
2011 bmw 335d  [0.00]
best 335d tune (egr,dpf,scr, swirl flaps) deleted

Looking for a solid tune to get rid of the ses light and other side affects that come on without a tune. I’m gathering all the parts to do the deletes but can’t get a clear answer on the best tune. I saw in forums from 5 ish years ago that BRR is the best guy!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 09:08 AM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Pick a reputable tuner and go to town. JR, Malone, BRR, whatever.
      01-13-2023, 09:28 AM   #3
C6kid
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d, e92 m3

Garage List
2011 bmw 335d  [0.00]
How do I get in touch with brr I’m not seeing anything online purchase wise just all in the forums.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 09:28 AM   #4
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Diesel

You know this shyt's illegal, right?

I sorta view it like gambling: Don't bet what you can't afford to lose.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 09:34 AM   #5
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post

When was the last time you heard of someone who's deleted get busted by the EPA for modifying emissions equipment?
      01-16-2023, 07:02 PM   #6
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...-devices-fines

You think the people driving them are exempt? I imagine selling the stuff is probably alot riskier, so let's get ID'd here, right?

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/clea...,%C2%A7%2019.4.

There's not a good diesel shop anywhere near Denver that'll touch mine with a 10-foot pole now, including the best BMW aftermarket places. The last guy I talked to about it said they're making them sign a certification that no emissions modifications are present on ALL work, exhaust, emissions or otherwise.

Ask 'em yourself: http://bimmerhaus.com/w5.html

Last edited by Nadir Point; 01-16-2023 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 12:45 PM   #7
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Everyone knows it's illegal, I simply asked you when was the last time you heard of someone who's driving a deleted e90/e70 get busted by the EPA. I thought the question was pretty clear and straightforward.

If you can't find a shop to do it why not DIY it?
      01-17-2023, 03:08 PM   #8
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

I'm an N54 guy so not a whole lot of experience on the diesel side, but the people I know with 335D's have gone with the JR and seem very happy with it. There's a shop in NC that works almost exclusively on 335D's and is happy to do the work, but I can't remember the name. It's probably common knowledge in the D world so you may already know but could be worth the drive if you dont want to DIY
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 05:37 PM   #9
nonford
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2019 X3

Quote:

You think the people driving them are exempt? I imagine selling the stuff is probably alot riskier, so let's get ID'd here, right?

There's not a good diesel shop anywhere near Denver that'll touch mine with a 10-foot pole now, including the best BMW aftermarket places. The last guy I talked to about it said they're making them sign a certification that no emissions modifications are present on ALL work, exhaust, emissions or otherwise.

Ask yourself this,,, Is this the biggest CON ever????
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 05:38 PM   #10
nonford
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2019 X3

Quote:

Yep, so is doing 70 in a 55 MPH zone...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 06:52 PM   #11
MidWillamette335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

I look at it like weed...illegal at the federal level but not necessarily at the state level. I live in an exempt part of the state so technically, per the state, I'm good. Hell my buddy who lives in the state capital has a gnarly fully deleted late teens Ram and romps that thing all over town. They'll go after tuners before the individual, and if they go after the individual I guarantee they'll go after the 500,000 or so deleted trucks in the US before they even bat an eye at us. You'd have to draw some serious negative attention to yourself to get targeted. Get tuned while the gettin's good is what I say...
      01-17-2023, 10:13 PM   #12
DougNBodie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [10.00]
Quote:

It's not illegal to TUNE a car. It's illegal to drive a tuned and deleted car on the streets but not the tracks....So, Not illegal to sell or build.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 07:45 AM   #13
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxguy View Post
If you can't find a shop to do it why not DIY it?
Been there, done that, still doin' it. Just don't have alot of time left for this crap anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 07:55 AM   #14
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
There's a shop in NC that works almost exclusively on 335D's and is happy to do the work, but I can't remember the name.
BPC? They cancelled my trip and refunded my airfare after I started a transaction with them a couple years ago. I have an old high school bud in Raleigh, was gonna ship the car, fly out and hang in NC for a few days. Didn't happen that way, went JR instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 08:18 AM   #15
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonford View Post
Ask yourself this,,, Is this the biggest CON ever????
Yeah, greedy bastards making bank pulling hydrocarbons out of the ground to burn. Real con that is, no doubt.

Don't get me wrong - I'm guilty as anyone else driving this thing. But privately-owned vehicles are a very small part of the overall problem.

Last edited by Nadir Point; 01-18-2023 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 11:41 PM   #16
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Quote:
Been there, done that, still doin' it. Just don't have alot of time left for this crap anymore.
If you're willing to drive to Phoenix, ax I'm willing to do the delete for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 03:36 PM   #17
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearitself165 View Post
If you're willing to drive to Phoenix, ax I'm willing to do the delete for you.
Oh no sorry, got mine done a few years ago. The OP's ur potential customer. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 08:40 PM   #18
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougNBodie View Post
It's not illegal to TUNE a car. It's illegal to drive a tuned and deleted car on the streets but not the tracks....So, Not illegal to sell or build.
It's not illegal to modify a car, it's illegal to do business on public roads with removed emissions equipment. Business meaning any commercial activity intended for profit in the transportation of persons or property for hire.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 10:45 PM   #19
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asonchadwick View Post
It's not illegal to modify a car, it's illegal to do business on public roads with removed emissions equipment. Business meaning any commercial activity intended for profit in the transportation of persons or property for hire.
This isn't entirely true..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 01:56 PM   #20
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Talk to the guy with the triple turbo 335d.

Can’t say I recommend the others
      03-09-2023, 01:57 AM   #21
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

I bought my car already deleted. Can punish me as it passed vehicle inspections and emission deleted. Good luck finding whoever did the delete as there was multiple owners.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2023, 10:07 AM   #22
Tomnavigator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D, V-10 Touareg Diesel

I am a retired Environmental Engineer. I was the Environmental Supervisor at the Corvette Plant in Bowling Green, KY. I have run the following programs. Air, Water, Hazardous Waste, Storm water, PCBs, and asbestos. My main area of expertise was Air Permitting and compliance. There is a lot of misinformation about environmental regulations in this string of posts above.
1) It is illegal to modify any emission related equipment on any vehicle and drive it on any road.
2) It does not matter who modified the emissions equipment. If you drive it on a public road, you are violating the law.
3) Yes, the EPA will probably crack down on shops doing the modifications first. There is more bang for the buck there than going after the little guy driving one or two vehicles. If they fine one shop, they can get $250,000 to $2,000,000 in fines and actually collect the money. The EPA gets enough money in fine to make their time building a case worth it and stop many vehicles from driving on the road with illegal emissions equipment. One shop can delete a hundred plus vehicles per year. If the EPA comes after you they prevent one vehicle with deleted emissions driving on the street and most of us can never pay a $250,000 or $2,000,000 fine.
4) Modifying emission equipment is illegal in every state not just illegal at the Federal level. The way the laws work is that the Federal government passes a law. The state government can adopt the federal law or write their own law at least as strict or write a more strict law. The state can not write a more lenient law. If the state adopts the federal laws or writes their own equivalent or stricter laws, the state is allowed to have their own state environmental agency and police their own environmental regulations. If not then the EPA enforces the environmental regulations in the state. Almost every state has written their own environmental regulations and the EPA allows the states to run their own environmental agencies. A state has no right to declare a federal law to be invalid.
5) Yes, environmental regulations are just like the Marijuana laws. The state has the right to write their own laws. However, Marijuana is not legal in any state. This is a misconception. Marijuana is still illegal at the Federal level and can be enforced by Federal Marshals. Having and/or using Marijuana is a Federal violation that could result in a Federal drug felony. The Federal Government stated a few years back that they were not going to enforce the Marijuana regulations. This is when all the states started legalizing Marijuana (at the state level). This means Marijuana is still illegal but not enforced by either the Federal, State, or local governments where it has been legalized. The Federal government could decide to start enforcing the Marijuana laws at any time they want. However, this won't happen because the states make too much money by taxing Marijuana.
6) Emissions testing of vehicles is done where the air quality does not meet the minimum standard required by the Clean Air Acts of 1970 and 1990. Each state is to enforce the emissions control equipment functioning of all vehicles. The exhaust is sniffed and/or a visual inspection is performed to ensure the emissions equipment has not been removed or tampered with. Many states do not do a very good (none) visual inspection. This does not make modifying emissions equipment legal. It just means you probably won't get caught.
Modifying emissions equipment is illegal at both the Federal level (Federal Regulations) and State level (State Regulations).
Appreciate 0