E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > DAB retrofit/options e91

12-03-2018, 12:45 AM   #1
AlanF1
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Bluewater M sport

DAB retrofit/options e91

I'm looking to get DAB fitted in my car but which is the best option to go for?
The options I've seen are:
BMW retrofit option
Autodab
Fistune
Denison
Retrofit DAB module.

I currently have the CD changer prep and would like to utilise this if possible.

How difficult is it to fit the DAB module and get it coded and are any of the other options equivalent?

The car doesn't have idrive and has the pro HU.

Are there any other optons that I've missed?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 12:54 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

hi
if you also do not have bluetooth and usb audio options this may be good combo for you
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360537
      12-03-2018, 01:28 AM   #3
AlanF1
Rep

I've got usb audio and bluetooth via the ULF_HI module, so I don't think that option is ideally suited to what I need.

Do you have the part number for the DAB antenna with amplifier? The stick on DAB window antennas don't get good reviews and they look a bit rubbish so trying to also avoid those if possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 01:43 AM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanF1 View Post
I've got usb audio and bluetooth via the ULF_HI module, so I don't think that option is ideally suited to what I need.

Do you have the part number for the DAB antenna with amplifier? The stick on DAB window antennas don't get good reviews and they look a bit rubbish so trying to also avoid those if possible.
do you mean factory diversity module for e91 ? because parts i sell have numbers on pics
      12-03-2018, 02:10 AM   #5
AlanF1
Rep

III band and L band antenna - not sure from the pics what the parts are, but I would be looking to add a discrete antenna rather than a window mount. I believe these are usually located in the bumper, could they be located in the tail gate spoiler on the e91?

What I want is a discrete install for DAB which uses the existing radio/installation I have and not having a poor quality window mount antenna.

Thanks for your assistance.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 02:31 AM   #6
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

i can sell both antennas with wires
      12-03-2018, 02:43 AM   #7
AlanF1
Rep

Thanks, that's good to know.

So in terms of the DAB upgrade, would the BMW DAB module (plugged into the CD changer MOST loop) be viable with these antenna? Would these antenna go directly to the DAB module or through the diversity module and if I get a used module I presume it will need to be coded to the car first before installation or can it be installed and coded and then the car (VO) adjusted to include the DAB?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure this would be the best option for me.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanF1 View Post
Thanks, that's good to know.

So in terms of the DAB upgrade, would the BMW DAB module (plugged into the CD changer MOST loop) be viable with these antenna? Would these antenna go directly to the DAB module or through the diversity module and if I get a used module I presume it will need to be coded to the car first before installation or can it be installed and coded and then the car (VO) adjusted to include the DAB?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure this would be the best option for me.

Thanks again.
yes these antennas do not require additional diversity module and connected to dab module
dab module and headunit should be coded to dab option and they can be coded on car
      12-04-2018, 12:36 AM   #9
AlanF1
Rep

Ah great, sounds like this will be the setup for me then.

How much will the antenna be alone to buy and could you source a DAB module?
Appreciate 0