E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help After Retro fitting TCU

10-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
rsingh7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5

Help After Retro fitting TCU

I'm new to the forum, haven't posted in a while. See if someone can help me with this strange issue...

Car: BMW 328i 2008

I bought a TCU from ebay from a 2009 330xi, retrofitted it into my car (Had only 3 CABLE PLUGS ON IT) I have 4 wires, The BLUE one is the only one that isn't plugged in which I heard is for the shark fin so who really cares. My BMW DOES NOT have SOS, NO ASSIST, NO fancy stuff, just all basic. I installed my Bluetooth antenna also.

Now, I was fiddling around with the green wire MOST box under the rear seat rest. I had an odd configuration, but after doing some process of elimination and some connecting and reconnecting, I got the Radio to recognize my Bluetooth! So I now can sync my iphone to my Bluetooth and make calls, etc etc. Which means my system is in a complete loop.

However, I have a SOS ERROR MALFUNCTION that pops up. Everything else works fine, my radio, Bluetooth (asides from the fact that my phone book is not uploading into it).

Question: 1.) Do I need BMW to update my TCU to my car and update the Bluetooth software so my phone book can be uploaded?
2.) What do the other MOST green wires do? Can I reconfigure them so that it doesn't look for the SOS module?

Its strange I have an SOS malfunction error when I don't even have assist or SOS in my car to begin with. Is this a TCU issue? Green wire issue?

Thanks for any input before I fork over a few hundred to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Program for +TELD in the VO it removes the SOS
see coding subforums.
Bimmergeeks.net can sort out the problem for you.
Whenever you add or subtract module from the Most
Loop is always needs programming or coding.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

I think the gps is in the shark antenna not sure.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1260829447

Last edited by ctuna; 10-26-2017 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
rsingh7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5

Thanks! Also, I just installed my microphone today. Doesnt work...do I need the bluetooth mic or the voice recoginition mic? I got the voice one but I think it is the wrong one. I only have oneconnector and its on the left. Assume I have he wrong mic?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Don't know about the Mikes except they install in different
positions depending on SOS or no SOS.
Until you have the programming correct no use to look at
the rest of the hardware.
Appreciate 0