E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Full exhaust vs catback exhaust vs the DEALER!

11-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Full exhaust vs catback exhaust vs the DEALER!

Well i was going to go with the BMW performance exhaust since im getting a good deal on it and it sounds good, plus warranty.

But the bmw exhust you have to cut the stock exhaust, and if i return my car when the lease is done instead of buying it out, i am going to take the bmw exahust out and part it and put the stock exhaust back on, but i would have to weldd it back on, will bmw say anything?

Will they inspect or charge me for welding the stock exhaust back on?

This is leading me to spedn a little more and get a full DP back exhaust like the vanguard, which is fully bolt on.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Proper Motion LLC
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Just get the Vanguard. It sounds great and has better gains.
      11-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yea i might probably go that route.

But getting this exhaust at the price its at is nice, plus i dont have to worry about the warranty and i actually like that it looks like stock but sounds louder!

Going to have to ask my dealer i guess if they would except a car back if it has the stock exhaust welded back on to its orignial piping.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So what will bmw say if i put a BMW peformance exhaust on my car and then sell it, and weld the stock exhaust back on? or use the clamps from the bmw performance exhaust to put back the stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
D.yi
Major
Rep
Drives: SB e92 335i

i'd just get the vanguard... sounds better
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post
So what will bmw say if i put a BMW peformance exhaust on my car and then sell it, and weld the stock exhaust back on? or use the clamps from the bmw performance exhaust to put back the stock exhaust?
After witnessing MANY lease turn in inspections, I can tell you that even if your exhaust was held on with coat hangers, as long as it was there, you'll have no issues.

Seriously, the lease end inspections are hardly worth worrying about.
      12-20-2009, 01:27 AM   #7
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

DP's and full exhaust!!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post
Yea i might probably go that route.

But getting this exhaust at the price its at is nice, plus i dont have to worry about the warranty and i actually like that it looks like stock but sounds louder!

Going to have to ask my dealer i guess if they would except a car back if it has the stock exhaust welded back on to its orignial piping.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of pricing are you getting for the BMW PE?

And, I would have to agree that IF you weld the stock exhaust back, the dealership is not going to notice any difference.

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
FLA 335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i (SOLD) !!!!!

AE Catless FTMFW!!!! i have supersonic hearing and no problems for me... but most people who sit in the car CANT hear it... i took my parents out for their anniversary and my mother has an ear issue and she sait it was VERY quiet.. i wonder what they would have said when it was STOCK...

12-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackwell View Post
After witnessing MANY lease turn in inspections, I can tell you that even if your exhaust was held on with coat hangers, as long as it was there, you'll have no issues.

Seriously, the lease end inspections are hardly worth worrying about.
Good to know, that what i was thinking aswell. But just in case in the future they see that it was welded back or not to there standards they might come back to haunt me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.yi View Post
i'd just get the vanguard... sounds better
I was going to go Vanguard, probably the only exhaust i really like other than this, but OEM with full warranty and a better sound for about couple hundred bucks less, i was thinking just to get this. still thinking about the vanguard though, esp if this doesnt work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of pricing are you getting for the BMW PE?

And, I would have to agree that IF you weld the stock exhaust back, the dealership is not going to notice any difference.
Getting it used from a friend for about 1k, with the x-pipe, mufflers and all else as per the E90 kit.

Maybe i should do the install myself and let bmw put the stock exhaust back on when it comes time? That way they cant really say anything for there own work. What does bmw expect for people who go bmw performance exhaust back to stock. Welds or clamps?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
DLM
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

You can easily reattach your OEM mufflers with band clamps like these - 2.25" ID size works great.

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...-Exhaust-Clamp
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
BMMPOSP
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2005 MB E55

Where is the best place to get the Vanguard exhaust and what is typical pricing?
Appreciate 0