E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > JleviSW sells pre-fitted M3 Sideskirts ?????

Closed Thread

07-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
Still a ton of work to get them to look good.
+1
      07-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #46
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I don't want my car to look 1MM off when everything else is fitted perfectly. Some of us care, some of us don't.

It would look something like this: (gt hope u dnt mind i use ur pic)

It just doesn't flow right with the whole fender, so fender work would of course cost a good amount.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #47
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

i have them on my car, long make them fit the best he could. The sideskirt's definitely a bit long and it sticks out just a bit. it required some drilling to make it fit. i can see why the mis-fitment can really bug the perfectionist...what andy and mike did was really helping you guys not to be sued by people who purchase the sideskirt that claims to have NO fitment issue whatsoever...

JZ
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #48
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
and i like how kenny always targets me and gets pwned every single time.
I don't know what you're talking about Alex. I honestly don't have anything against you. It's just that when you say things like, and I paraphrase here, "getting them to fit costs more than the skirts themselves" you have to provide some sort of credible evidence. If you just said "I tried that myself and I know from first hand experience that they cost $300 to install" then we wouldn't care.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #49
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjz View Post
i have them on my car, long make them fit the best he could. The sideskirt's definitely a bit long and it sticks out just a bit. it required some drilling to make it fit. i can see why the mis-fitment can really bug the perfectionist...what andy and mike did was really helping you guys not to be sued by people who purchase the sideskirt that claims to have NO fitment issue whatsoever...

JZ
JZ,
Can't wait to see your car in person!
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #50
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
JZ,
Can't wait to see your car in person!
maybe over a couple of chicken feet on the dim sum table?

JZ
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #51
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
Yeah from what we know you will have to trim it a little as well as modify the clips to hold them in place. So in that sense it's not a direct fitment and we did NOT state that it was. I guess we were thinking of "fitment issues" in the sense that even if you were to adjust them they will not fit proper.

I'll have Jon change the wording so that it's more clear.
Please change that wording because having some body shop go in a modifing the side skirts that would still cause worry for a buyer who is looking for a direct fit.

AU335 started this thread because he was looking for something that is direct fit as many of the normal everyday consumer on this board does as well. I don't blame them because they are buying a product. As a vendor, I know you guys stand by all your products. It is very obvious. You guys have a aero lip that is a direct fitment.

Just be more clear about the product that you sell. Honestly, it does really make your company look bad when you don't know the product that you are putting up there for sale. And don't make statements you can't stand behind.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #52
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjz View Post

JZ
We completely understand. We were looking into the fitment issues and even said that we will have a set installed and the car and will document the install for you guys in about 2 weeks. We even said that there are some adjustments required and we just realized this and were going to change the wording. Before we could do that all of a sudden all this bombarding came in. It's not even a big deal in the first place but then a few people chime in and it was blown out of proportion.

It's like some people just like to hang on every single statement we make.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #53
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about Alex. I honestly don't have anything against you. It's just that when you say things like, and I paraphrase here, "getting them to fit costs more than the skirts themselves" you have to provide some sort of credible evidence. If you just said "I tried that myself and I know from first hand experience that they cost $300 to install" then we wouldn't care.
Haha ... honestly, I think we all knew Pak was overexaggerating a bit to get his point across. His point is that these sides take a little more work than what you thought.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #54
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
I don't want my car to look 1MM off when everything else is fitted perfectly. Some of us care, some of us don't.

It would look something like this: (gt hope u dnt mind i use ur pic)

It just doesn't flow right with the whole fender, so fender work would of course cost a good amount.
The paint looks off a bit..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #55
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
Please change that wording because having some body shop go in a modifing the side skirts that would still cause worry for a buyer who is looking for a direct fit.

AU335 started this thread because he was looking for something that is direct fit as many of the normal everyday consumer on this board does as well. I don't blame them because they are buying a product. As a vendor, I know you guys stand by all your products. It is very obvious. You guys have a aero lip that is a direct fitment.

Just be more clear about the product that you sell. Honestly, it does really make your company look bad when you don't know the product that you are putting up there for sale. And don't make statements you can't stand behind.
Again, we completely understand. AU335 actually PMed me and I told him that they require adjustments. I even replied in this thread with the same info. We could have just left them at that but then it got blown out of proportion. :
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #56
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
We completely understand. We were looking into the fitment issues and even said that we will have a set installed and the car and will document the install for you guys in about 2 weeks. We even said that there are some adjustments required and we just realized this and were going to change the wording. Before we could do that all of a sudden all this bombarding came in. It's not even a big deal in the first place but then a few people chime in and it was blown out of proportion.

It's like some people just like to hang on every single statement we make.
But Kenny, as a vendor the statements you make are very crucial to a customer. Their hard earned money is being entrusted to you to provide them with quality products and top notched service. If you just freely make statements here and there without facts, you will look silly and people will take your words.

I don't believe that I am blowing things out of proportion. As a car enthusiast, I would want my car as well as other people's car to look good.

It appears from what Jon said, you guys were mislead into believing that the skirts would require minor modification.

We needed to clear that up whether or not the skirts needed modification. We all make assumptions when we read things.

Yesterday, I thought I was going to get some 189 with tires. But it was all miscommunication. But it took talking it out through communicating back and forth for me to be on the same page as Jon.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #57
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
But Kenny, as a vendor the statements you make are very crucial to a customer. Their hard earned money is being entrusted to you to provide them with quality products and top notched service. If you just freely make statements here and there without facts, you will look silly and people will take your words.

I don't believe that I am blowing things out of proportion. As a car enthusiast, I would want my car as well as other people's car to look good.

It appears from what Jon said, you guys were mislead into believing that the skirts would require minor modification.

We needed to clear that up whether or not the skirts needed modification. We all make assumptions when we read things.

Yesterday, I thought I was going to get some 189 with tires. But it was all miscommunication. But it took talking it out through communicating back and forth for me to be on the same page as Jon.
Yeah like we've stated before "as far as we know they will fit with some adjustments". I agree that the site should be a little bit more clear and we were going to fix that (given that the product was just added yesterday and that we were informed that they will fit just fine).

Customers will usually call in to confirm things like that before they buy though. In fact, we just had one call in right after this thread was posted. After we told him what we've been saying he said that's fine and we will keep in touch. It's simple. It really was not a big deal at all.

Anyhow, I'm glad we were finally able to clear that up.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #58
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
here's how they fit
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #59
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
ouch. that's poor fitment
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #60
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep

i need to wash my car lol

JZ
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #61
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

I would take that back and ask if more adjustments could be made ...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #62
Dr.phuOnger?
*BluRp*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

i can wash it for when im down there in 2-3 weeks.
      07-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #63
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

well, i heard m-force design was comin out with their own modified m3 side skirts and they actually look pretty good. def doesn't hang 1mm in the end. check it out peeps!

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #64
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
that, to me, somehow seems a bit more than 1 mm
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #65
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

lol so i was wrong on the measurements ... sorry

wat do i know?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #66
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

meh

watever length it is, m-force's version def doesn't stick out.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread