E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Installed DPs... Multiple warning lights

06-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
bfoolish1339
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Alpine White

Hey guys ... Update

So after a day if driving here's what happened. Good sound and power.

Check engine soon (expected)
Brake fluid caution
Dts caution
Gurgling sound at low idle
Loud popping sound when I turn the wheel
Loose steering
Andy cruise control is disabled

So the shop that did the install is coming to pick it up and relook install, check & reset codes etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoolish1339 View Post
Hey guys ... Update

So after a day if driving here's what happened. Good sound and power.

Check engine soon (expected)
Brake fluid caution
Dts caution
Gurgling sound at low idle
Loud popping sound when I turn the wheel
Loose steering

So the shop that did the install is coming to pick it up and relook install, check & reset codes etc.
Yup, I believe they messed up on installing the rack back
      06-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
gatorheel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg4734 View Post
argh, more conflicting answers! I know the previous G4 board did not have a dpfix, but BMS is advertising that G5 does. I dont want to spend the extra $100 if I don't have to, but the car needs to be able to pass IL emissions. I am aware that autoclear is very different than the emissions readiness codes, and with autoclear only you will not pass. One is to delete the CEL, the other is to set emissions readiness.
you need dpfix. g5 alone is not sufficient to pass emissions.
      06-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
mg4734
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richurd View Post
Like i said the jb4G5 alone would not let you pass emissions through OBD. you can try and waste your money. I had jb4 and all my friends that have jb4 requires dpfix to pass emissions here in nyc.

all the jb4 does is reset the catalytic system so CEL does not show. Your system will not be ready for inspection. There are plenty threads about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmg View Post
you need dpfix. g5 alone is not sufficient to pass emissions.
Thanks guys, I've been searching for definitive answers and I understand now. Tune (cobb or jb4) fixes the CEL, Dpfix allows it to pass emissions. Now all I have to do is find enough $$$ to purchase all that.

Sorry for the thread jack OP, glad to hear the shop is going to re-inspect the car. Let me know how you like the sound of the downpipes once the steering issues are fixed.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #27
Be Awesome 335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans 335i M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, awesome. I would be having a shop do the work, I don't have the skill or tools. Shops in my area are very very good (which is great for the quality of work) but I wanted to make sure I had some idea before I go asking for quotes.

I haven't ordered anything yet, since the downpipes are on backorder and I am waiting for some more cash so I can get the jb4 at the same time. Have you passed emissions with the G5 board? The only other thing that worries me with the Jb4 is pulling wires out in the ECU, did you DIY the jb4 install?
I followed the DIY guide, that got me thru any pains... took maybe 25 minutes!

Sorry for the conflicting advice, i understood the G5 board to have dpfix built in but after reading the above link....i could have misunderstood

To answer your question about passing emissions....I live in Southern VA where emissions testing is NOT part of the inspection process. Hence, i cant say my car would pass without a doubt..

I would research the forums more and call BMS for some solid info.
      06-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #28
mg4734
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Awesome 335i View Post
I followed the DIY guide, that got me thru any pains... took maybe 25 minutes!

Sorry for the conflicting advice, i understood the G5 board to have dpfix built in but after reading the above link....i could have misunderstood

To answer your question about passing emissions....I live in Southern VA where emissions testing is NOT part of the inspection process. Hence, i cant say my car would pass without a doubt..

I would research the forums more and call BMS for some solid info.
No worries, BMS says that the G5 has a dpfix on their website, but my understanding of that is it's still just autoclear. Contacted BMS, due to legal reasons they can't advise on what I need to pass emissions. I just found a great deal here on a used Cobb accessport, so I'll be buying a dpfix from BMS anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #29
Be Awesome 335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans 335i M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
No worries, BMS says that the G5 has a dpfix on their website, but my understanding of that is it's still just autoclear. Contacted BMS, due to legal reasons they can't advise on what I need to pass emissions. I just found a great deal here on a used Cobb accessport, so I'll be buying a dpfix from BMS anyways.
Awesome! All works out after all...