E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Exhaust system upgrade...

06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz View Post
Where do you get off assuming that "people" haven't heard these exhausts in person? I've heard almost every aftermarket exhaust in person except for HPF and AA. Get your facts straight jr
Why are you assuming I was talking about you? We all know what they say about assumptions, jr.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
Does the DPs really makes the sound difference?...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzylildude View Post
Does the DPs really makes the sound difference?...
paired with ERace... YES.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #26
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
paired with ERace... YES.
Actually I'm a very conservative guy... not after joining the LTMW caravan to HRE Open House... Geeez! those LB projects cars and the Project Erica red car... they are fast & loud!!!! so I was like reborn....

OOOOOH! I'M EXCITED NOW!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #27
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Actually I'm a very conservative guy... not after joining the LTMW caravan to HRE Open House... Geeez! those LB projects cars and the Project Erica red car... they are fast & loud!!!! so I was like reborn....

OOOOOH! I'M EXCITED NOW!!!
I have meisterschaft paired with catless DP and its really loud and I get tons of looks.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #28
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have meisterschaft paired with catless DP and its really loud and I get tons of looks.
Hmmmm... have i met you before at LTMW?....
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Hmmmm... have i met you before at LTMW?....
im sure we have.. been the past 4 meets.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
Why are you assuming I was talking about you? We all know what they say about assumptions, jr.
Excuse me? You said "don't take opinions from people off the Internet who haven't heard the exhausts in person". You are the one who assumes we "the people" haven't heard the exhausts in person. Grow up.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
im sure we have.. been the past 4 meets.
Chris?! I only know one person with a white car with Miestershaft exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #32
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Excuse me? You said "don't take opinions from people off the Internet who haven't heard the exhausts in person". You are the one who assumes we "the people" haven't heard the exhausts in person. Grow up.
You're right, I said, "Don't take opinions from people on the internet who haven't even heard any of those exhaust systems in person."

Why would you assume I'm pointing at you directly? I didn't say, "No one on the internet has heard any of these exhausts systems in person." I said don't take opinions from those people who haven't heard them in person. Next time, don't be so selfish as to assume that I was speaking directly to you, when I didn't even quote you or post directly under you. Typically, I find those that tell others to grow up, are the ones that need to grow up themselves.

Also, since you want to argue about it, there are plenty of people who go around the forum saying, "This or that exhaust sounds amazing, get it," while they base their opinions off of youtube videos. Videos do not do an exhaust justice at all. Take, for example, the Vanguard exhaust. I read only positive things about it, and all the videos I listened to portrayed the exhaust note as nothing short of amazing. Too bad for me, I fell into the hype and bought it. Guess what, it sounds like complete garbage in person. All I said was to not listen to opinions of those people who haven't heard the exhaust systems in person. I didn't name you, I didn't quote you, and I didn't even post directly under you. Next time, don't pick a fight for no reason.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #33
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Chris?! I only know one person with a white car with Miestershaft exhaust...
people call me Riz. I have a 2011 white E92 with brushed R43 HRE's
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You're right, I said, "Don't take opinions from people on the internet who haven't even heard any of those exhaust systems in person."

Why would you assume I'm pointing at you directly? I didn't say, "No one on the internet has heard any of these exhausts systems in person." I said don't take opinions from those people who haven't heard them in person. Next time, don't be so selfish as to assume that I was speaking directly to you, when I didn't even quote you or post directly under you. Typically, I find those that tell others to grow up, are the ones that need to grow up themselves.

Also, since you want to argue about it, there are plenty of people who go around the forum saying, "This or that exhaust sounds amazing, get it," while they base their opinions off of youtube videos. Videos do not do an exhaust justice at all. Take, for example, the Vanguard exhaust. I read only positive things about it, and all the videos I listened to portrayed the exhaust note as nothing short of amazing. Too bad for me, I fell into the hype and bought it. Guess what, it sounds like complete garbage in person. All I said was to not listen to opinions of those people who haven't heard the exhaust systems in person. I didn't name you, I didn't quote you, and I didn't even post directly under you. Next time, don't pick a fight for no reason.
I find it hilarious that you're actually trying to justify your statement. I didn't say you were speaking about me or quoting me. I'm saying that you're telling the OP not to listen to opinions of people on the web who haven't heard the exhaust. You're assuming people on the web haven't heard the exhausts in question. The OP asked for opinions and you're telling him not to listen to these opinions. Your comment to the OP was useless. How can you tell or the OP tell who has heard it in person or who hasn't. If he wanted to listen to your useless advice he wouldn't have posted on the forum asking for opinions. He would go to as many meets as possible until he has heard each exhaust in question. I also find it interesting that you say you have the vanguard exhaust when your sig says stock. Maybe your excuse is that you sold your vanguard exhaust. Fair enough. I've heard the vanguard exhaust with dps and it sounds amazing with resonators. Anyways Dr. Phil keep telling people what to do and what not to do instead of just answering their question.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
people call me Riz. I have a 2011 white E92 with brushed R43 HRE's
Oh then it might not be you... anyways I have heard of how Meistershaft / Eisenmann sounded they are both scandalous ... need something that is tamed but yet if I need it to wake up it is there.... so my guess is a good sounding DPs will do the trick... but we will see what combo I'm gonna choose...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I find it hilarious that you're actually trying to justify your statement. I didn't say you were speaking about me or quoting me. I'm saying that you're telling the OP not to listen to opinions of people on the web who haven't heard the exhaust. You're assuming people on the web haven't heard the exhausts in question. The OP asked for opinions and you're telling him not to listen to these opinions. Your comment to the OP was useless. How can you tell or the OP tell who has heard it in person or who hasn't. If he wanted to listen to your useless advice he wouldn't have posted on the forum asking for opinions. He would go to as many meets as possible until he has heard each exhaust in question. I also find it interesting that you say you have the vanguard exhaust when your sig says stock. Maybe your excuse is that you sold your vanguard exhaust. Fair enough. I've heard the vanguard exhaust with dps and it sounds amazing with resonators. Anyways Dr. Phil keep telling people what to do and what not to do instead of just answering their question.
Yes, I am telling the OP to not listen to the opinions of those who haven't heard the exhausts in person. I didn't say "don't listen to any opinions on the internet at all!" There's a big distinction between telling him to not listen to anyone at all, and telling him to not listen to people who haven't heard the exhausts in person. My comment was not useless, rather it was informative.

I parted my whole car out, including the Vanguard. You can go read my review about that horrible exhaust, if you like.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #37
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I am telling the OP to not listen to the opinions of those who haven't heard the exhausts in person. I didn't say "don't listen to any opinions on the internet at all!" There's a big distinction between telling him to not listen to anyone at all, and telling him to not listen to people who haven't heard the exhausts in person. My comment was not useless, rather it was informative.

I parted my whole car out, including the Vanguard. You can go read my review about that horrible exhaust, if you like.
Wow lol. Let me ask you something, when you ask for opinions on a forum, how do you know who to listen to and who not to? How do you know who has heard the exhaust and who hasn't? He asked the forums what we think about his possible exhaust choices and your response was "don't bla bla bla". Real informative. Keep your informative comments to yourself Dad.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #38
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow lol. Let me ask you something, when you ask for opinions on a forum, how do you know who to listen to and who not to? How do you know who has heard the exhaust and who hasn't? He asked the forums what we think about his possible exhaust choices and your response was "don't bla bla bla". Real informative. Keep your informative comments to yourself Dad.
I listen to those who have first hand experience with a product. Exhausts are one of the few things that you can't really get a good answer about on a forum, at least in my experience. Everyone has a different opinion of what sounds good. Indeed, a lot of people even have different ideas of what rasp and drone are.

It is informative. I wish someone told me to listen to those who actually own or have the exhaust they speak highly of. I probably wouldn't have wasted my time with Vanguard, had I went straight to those who own the exhaust and asked for their opinion. For what it's worth, I've found that many people who own Vanguard don't end up owning it for long. Ever wonder why you see them being bought and sold so often? Doesn't matter, I barely lost any money on that transaction, but it was a hassle and I learned from it. Don't listen to the opinions of those who don't know what they're talking about, aka those who haven't heard the exhaust they speak so highly of in person.

I find it funny that you went from calling me junior to dad. Good day, sir.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #39
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh then it might not be you... anyways I have heard of how Meistershaft / Eisenmann sounded they are both scandalous ... need something that is tamed but yet if I need it to wake up it is there.... so my guess is a good sounding DPs will do the trick... but we will see what combo I'm gonna choose...
id go DP's and PE
Appreciate 0