E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel MAERSK WELKIN - ETA Port Hueneme June 18th

06-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #595
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Congrats cowbs! Is it worth the wait? I thought so! Brought my car out for a little drive today and hit a curve that came up on me a BIT too fast.... tried to downshift to 4th, hit 2nd by mistake! Boy, I don't think my left leg has moved that fast in years! OOOPS! Wow, does this car handle the corners though, huh?

Eluder, having fun yet?

I have had this car for 4 days now, is there an end to this stupid, silly grin?

Leslie
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:20 AM   #596
exadius
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 M-DCT

So I pick up my Space Grey M3 today and I already have an malfunction - EDC. It says I should drive moderately. I don't know what to say. Am I the first Maersk Welkin rider to need a service call?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #597
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exadius View Post
So I pick up my Space Grey M3 today and I already have an malfunction - EDC. It says I should drive moderately. I don't know what to say. Am I the first Maersk Welkin rider to need a service call?

Was that light/warning on when you picked it up? What does that mean, EDC? You need to drive moderately? What does that mean? Did your SA say anything to you regarding this? The reason I ask is because my SA walked me through all kinds of stuff, and I can't - for the life of me - remember a word he said! I just wanted to drive!

Maybe its because it is an M3? I'm clueless, seems to me you should pick up a brand new car in brand new condition!

Leslie
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #598
wikidpete
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Vert

Just picked up mine earlier today.. wow this car is soooo awsome.... here is a quick pic from my iphone. My CA had it ready in the showroom and I got to drive it out of the showroom
Attached Images

06-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #599
exadius
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLazz View Post
Was that light/warning on when you picked it up? What does that mean, EDC? You need to drive moderately? What does that mean? Did your SA say anything to you regarding this? The reason I ask is because my SA walked me through all kinds of stuff, and I can't - for the life of me - remember a word he said! I just wanted to drive!

Maybe its because it is an M3? I'm clueless, seems to me you should pick up a brand new car in brand new condition!

Leslie
EDC = Electronic Damper Control, fancy adjustable suspension. The malfunction occured between leaving the dealer and parking it in my garage 45 miles later. More tech more problems.....
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #600
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wow, I hope all works out for you. Hey what are you doing home this morning? I would be standing in front of the dealer before it even opens, coffee in hand, waiting for the first poor guy that innocently walks up and asks if you need help.

"Yeah, I need help, I would like to know why it cost me approximately $1111.11 a minute to drive my new BMW home?!?"

Let us know progress.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #601
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

any day now....tap, tap, tap tap......

PS. 100th post! woo hoo
      06-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #602
sa88_hooks
Waiting, Waiting, Waiting ...
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe - SG / CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by richifever View Post
any day now....tap, tap, tap tap......

PS. 100th post! woo hoo
I see we are the only two sitting at home w/o a car.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #603
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m

The wait is worth it. Pics soon, but first impressions here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152855
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #604
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa88_hooks View Post

yeah.......lets grab a beer....hah...wait..i already have one in my hand
      06-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #605
azbmwman
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa88_hooks View Post

No, you are not alone. My dealer thinks my 335i ED won't arrive at the dealership (in Torrance) until the 2nd week in July.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 03:01 AM   #606
cowbs
Blow Dryed Hair
Rep
Drives: Alpine/++Beige E93 M3

Finally downloaded the pictures tonight.

When we got there they had the car in one of the showrooms,top up, all by itself. They had locked it up so no one else drove it, or even sat in it despite lots of people wanting to. We get there, put the top down, and spend a good 15-20 minutes just admiring it all. George is going over some of the features and buttons but it's lost over the pounding beating of my heart.

oh mama...

The feel of the car... the quality... the power... it's so amazing. Hell coming from a car that didn't even have power locks I feel I'll be getting used to comfort access for a long time. I did make sure my babydoll got her own key though:

After we finished up the paperwork George rolled it out of the showroom. We got the full tour and explanation of most of the driving basics- way more than I could absorb at that point but man was it ever awesome. We took it out around the block, came back, shook goodbye with George and started home.

Getting there from the dealer took about an hour, and for me was filled with random bouts of maniacal laughter. Looking over the hood, seeing the bulge of the engine, feeling the wind rushing by and hearing the roar of that V8... how can one not burst into glorious orgasmic glee?

Having ordered it Feb 1st I can now say this car is freaking awesome and well worth the wait.

Oh, and yeah, this thing corners like it's on rails! weee...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #607
sa88_hooks
Rep

VERY NICE
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #608
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

hey sa88, any word from your CA yet? I'll probably see you there when I pick up mine too lol..
      06-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #609
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

PSI - I didn't abandon you guys, I don't know how to post pics. My computer whiz kid of a daughter is in Italy and won't be back till the 6th. In the meantime, I actually cracked the manual the last couple of days and found out that I have a voice command feature that I didn't even know about! Found all kinds of bonuses in that little golden book!

I promise to get pics asap.

Cowbs - what a beautiful car, didn't know you got a drop top too! Great fun to drive, huh?

Gotta go sit in my car and play with some more buttons, just came in for water.

Will touch base soon.

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #610
PoolBoy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Got it yesterday!

Just back from Napa with 220 miles on my new 335i coupe. Worth the wait--what a great car! I will try to post the one grainy pic I have taken so far. More to come when I too come up for air!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #611
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

so....i hope its on the truck today...!!!!
      06-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #612
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

The pictures all look great! I guess I should take a decent one. Richifever - The wait will be worth it. I finally got around to learning things like the audio system, the garage door programming, the ipod functions, etc. The driving is just so fun that all the details have to wait.

I drove to the beach this weekend and noticed that if you really tried, on a road trip, you could get over 30 miles to a gallon. Unfortunately, that will never happen because, at least with the twin turbos, kicking them in sucks gas like punching a hole in your tank - and who wants to drive these machines like a little old lady (no offense LesLazz). It's just nice to know that it's possible to get great gas mileage.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #613
sa88_hooks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richifever View Post
hey sa88, any word from your CA yet? I'll probably see you there when I pick up mine too lol..
My CA hasn't been very interactive and only told me "early July".
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #614
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
- and who wants to drive these machines like a little old lady (no offense LesLazz).
None taken fthrower, thought you were talking about eluder anyway!

Besides, just because I am a (not so) little and (not so) old lady doesn't mean I drive like one!

I just read in the manual that you are supposed to keep the rpms below 4500 for the first 12,000 miles (oops, probably shoulda read that manual before last night!)

Oh well, I'm heading back out, my husband says there are maybe 15 or so people in town who havn't seen my new car yet. I must rectify that situation.

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #615
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLazz View Post
None taken fthrower, thought you were talking about eluder anyway!

Besides, just because I am a (not so) little and (not so) old lady doesn't mean I drive like one!

I just read in the manual that you are supposed to keep the rpms below 4500 for the first 12,000 miles (oops, probably shoulda read that manual before last night!)

Oh well, I'm heading back out, my husband says there are maybe 15 or so people in town who havn't seen my new car yet. I must rectify that situation.

Leslie

Its 1200 miles, not 12,000.
      06-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #616
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

we're number 9 for the most number of posts in this category...i'm bored...