E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone running a trunk mount Meth system with all SS lines and fittings? AEM says no.

09-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky_and_me View Post
Thanks for the research!

I don't think you need 2 conversion kits, just an extra -4an nozzle adapter and a T adapter for the 2 nozzles which I can't find on Howerton's site at all. Did that come with any of your kits?

Also you are converting all the lines to -4an, correct? The Vishnu kit uses smaller lines from the FAV to the nozzles, is that going to be a problem?
Yes I am doing the FULL conversion. The Vishnu system has 1/8 NPT fitting to compression fittings. I want SS all the way so I am going for AN fittings. So I am replacing the inlet and outlet of the FAV and the 2 nozzles as well. I was unable to find a BSPP to -4 AN conversion adapter but yes that would have made things easier. I just broke down and bought the WAAAY OVERPRICED Howerton ones. I dont like doing that but I just chalk it up as $130 of insurance because I couldn't find them anywhere else and I want to do what I can to guard against leaks. I was not able to find the appropriate sized BSPP to AN adapters.

Actually I DID find them in the UK but by the time to account for the currency conversion rate and internatioanl shipping you end up paying about the same. And those were steel not nickel plated brass.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
boostd92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport

Garage List
Did you ever get this system 100% up and running?

End results? Parts list?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
boostd92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport

Garage List
I finally scored a Vishnu PWM kit and am going to get started on this. Did you ever get yours up and running N54 Fan?
Appreciate 0