E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Upgrading to Lux Angel Eyes from Halogens

06-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #1
E90CPhT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i

Upgrading to Lux Angel Eyes from Halogens

Hello All,

To start off, I tried searching for an answer to my question but couldn't seem to find anything appropriate. Apologies in advance if anything has been asked before.
I am considering doing some stuff to my E90 (LCI, halogens), now that I am "getting my hands dirty" with the car, so to speak. I want to replace the factory Halogens, but I am lost as to where to begin. I know Lux makes some high quality LED's, but I am not sure what else I would need in order to "complete the look" so to say. I know the kit comes with the elements to illuminate all four halo rings, but would I need to buy any additional bulbs? I know this probably comes off as a stupid question, but I truly don't know what all I should be getting to do this. Obviously the kit from Lux but from there I am lost. Also, on the install, I have heard the wheel needs to come off potentially? I would be capable of doing this, but I am unsure if it needs to be done, as the Lux guide states you can open the rear of the housing to install.

As a reference, this is the light I will be purchasing.
https://www.luxangeleyes.com/collect...cts/lux-h8-180

Thanks so much for any help you can provide! (Apologies for the dumb questions).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
vincedea
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i E90 Base Model

I think that’s all you need. You can just turn your wheel I think that should give you enough room to install the lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #3
cpie168
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328i 6MT ZSP BSM

Look into HPB bulbs too. Significant savings over Lux.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie168 View Post
Look into HPB bulbs too. Significant savings over Lux.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #5
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90CPhT View Post
Hello All,

To start off, I tried searching for an answer to my question but couldn't seem to find anything appropriate. Apologies in advance if anything has been asked before.
I am considering doing some stuff to my E90 (LCI, halogens), now that I am "getting my hands dirty" with the car, so to speak. I want to replace the factory Halogens, but I am lost as to where to begin. I know Lux makes some high quality LED's, but I am not sure what else I would need in order to "complete the look" so to say. I know the kit comes with the elements to illuminate all four halo rings, but would I need to buy any additional bulbs? I know this probably comes off as a stupid question, but I truly don't know what all I should be getting to do this. Obviously the kit from Lux but from there I am lost. Also, on the install, I have heard the wheel needs to come off potentially? I would be capable of doing this, but I am unsure if it needs to be done, as the Lux guide states you can open the rear of the housing to install.

As a reference, this is the light I will be purchasing.
https://www.luxangeleyes.com/collect...cts/lux-h8-180

Thanks so much for any help you can provide! (Apologies for the dumb questions).
Well we offer 2 different bulbs for your car, just depends on what model headlights you have. If you have halogen headlights you can use the LUX E90 LCI Halogen V3 lights, but if you have Xenon headlights then the LUX H8 180 angel eyes are the way to go then. If you're not sure which style headlights you have you can e-mail me directly for just post a picture here and i'll let you know as well.

The installation process again depends on the type of headlights, and we have a full install guide for both style headlights as well you can reference.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
E90CPhT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks so much for everyone's help so far!

Attached are two pictures of my lights, one with the parking lamps on and the other with the high beams on. The reason for my confusion is it looks as though there are two bulbs I would need to replace in addition to the Lux kit.

Thanks again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90CPhT View Post
Thanks so much for everyone's help so far!

Attached are two pictures of my lights, one with the parking lamps on and the other with the high beams on. The reason for my confusion is it looks as though there are two bulbs I would need to replace in addition to the Lux kit.

Thanks again!
These are the Halogen headlights so as an option you can use our LUX E90 LCI Halogen V3 angel eyes to replace the stock bulbs. https://www.luxangeleyes.com/product...lci-halogen-v3
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
E90CPhT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Would I need to replace the other bulb in the headlight in addition to the lux kit?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #9
kevinnn
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Red

No, the lux kit is all you need. One bulb will illuminate both rings on each side of your car. I have the lux 180 installed in my e92. It's an easy plug n play with a noticeable difference from stock.
Appreciate 0