E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Perfekt Toolbox tutorial?

03-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Perfekt Toolbox tutorial?

sensible Levanime or anyone else that is knowledgeable with cluster swaps happen to have any info on using Perfekt Toolbox? It looks fairly simple but I don't want to mess something up and need the Eeprom rewiped.
      03-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
sensible Levanime or anyone else that is knowledgeable with cluster swaps happen to have any info on using Perfekt Toolbox? It looks fairly simple but I don't want to mess something up and need the Eeprom rewiped.
It's very good. It's basically a quick way to code your KOMBI instrument cluster to enable certain features like switch between MPG swing (KVA) and oil temp. Things like that. The author is Mr. Perfekt from the Russian forum drive2.ru
Appreciate 1
LMB335IS1299.00
      03-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
Levanime
BimECU
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
Make backup first to file
Then u can experiment
Appreciate 1
LMB335IS1299.00
      03-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Quote:
It's very good. It's basically a quick way to code your KOMBI instrument cluster to enable certain features like switch between MPG swing (KVA) and oil temp. Things like that. The author is Mr. Perfekt from the Russian forum drive2.ru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanime View Post
Make backup first to file
Then u can experiment
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it's perfect to correct the red line in a M3 cluster. Can it remove the speed error in the analog speedo as well?
      03-30-2018, 01:25 AM   #5
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M90 GTS

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it's perfect to correct the red line in a M3 cluster. Can it remove the speed error in the analog speedo as well?
Did you use this to code your cluster in the end? Can you do a write up? Is it compatible with windows 10? Drivers need to be installed?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 04:50 AM   #6
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Sorry for the delay. The guide is here:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/496203276497191008/

Use google chrome and translate to English if your Russian is a little rusty
Appreciate 1
LMB335IS1299.00
      09-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #7
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Quote:
Aside from the Russian forum, is there any more information on this software and what info can be displayed in the gauge cluster? I'd love to have a water temp gauge somewhere in the car and things like the Awron parameters screen are a bit expensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Aside from the Russian forum, is there any more information on this software and what info can be displayed in the gauge cluster? I'd love to have a water temp gauge somewhere in the car and things like the Awron parameters screen are a bit expensive.
This isn't possible without a piggy back device.

The only reason why oil temp can be displayed is because both oil temp and mpg are stock options on the same piece of hardware and are built in options within the software.

Water temp was never included as an option and so wasn't programmed into the software.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This isn't possible without a piggy back device.

The only reason why oil temp can be displayed is because both oil temp and mpg are stock options on the same piece of hardware and are built in options within the software.

Water temp was never included as an option and so wasn't programmed into the software.
Thanks for the info. I find it odd that the coolant temp can be displayed by accessing the "secret menu" in the cluster but that there's no easy way to get this info without accessing that menu every time you start the car. Oh well, I guess I'll keep researching other options in that case.
Appreciate 0