E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > So even if you did the EGR recall...

01-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #67
Kamando
Captain
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmbackwards View Post
I've got the same problem!

Kamando - did this fix your car?
Yes. It ran like a champ after all the aforementioned work was done. Never saw any issue afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #68
135i_vs_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5, 135i, 335d, F10 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamando View Post
Yes. It ran like a champ after all the aforementioned work was done. Never saw any issue afterwards.
How many miles have you put on the car since the recall and fix?
You were probably the first one to document this issue. Therefore, your insight is very helpful.

Everyone is questioning if BMW fixed the build up problem with the recall. I hope there are no signs of build up returning for your car.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #69
dixy2k
Major
Rep
Drives: 335d

BMW did not fix anything with the EGR valve recall they had a while back.

It makes me think it was probably better with the old EGR valve in place. Maybe it was shut off all the time which was an emission issue with them, but a better defense against CBU.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #70
msnyder944
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Garage List
2010 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnyder944 View Post
I have a 2010 335d with 46k miles. I bought it with 39k in May. Driving it home from Chicago to Tulsa, the SES light came on and it starts to idle rough, like it's missing but still had good high end power. Brought it to the dealership and they replaced injector #2, & throttle Body. Drove to Little Rock (4 hour drive) a couple weeks later and the SES came on again and it idled a little rough. Brought it to the dealership and the same code, Injector #2, they said it wasn't calibrated to the DDE. Calibrated it and no problems for a few thousand miles. This past Wednesday evening driving home I noticed a diesel exhaust smell, then a loss of power and a rushing air sound (sounds like it's loosing boost through a blown hose) but no SES. Brought it in and they said a tube and exhaust sensor was burned up. They replaced it and i got the car back today. Drove it not 5 miles and I smell something burning, then exhaust smell, then loss of power and rushing air sound. Brought it right back and got another loaner.

I'm wondering if I have Carbon Issues, maybe I should ask the dealership to check??? If so, how?

I really love this car and don't want to continue to have issues. EGR was replaced (I think around 30-35K) before I bought it according to BMW records and Carfax.

FYI, I did purchase an aftermarket warranty through Old Republic up to 100k. My SA said they are the best to work with for an aftermarket warranty.

Matt
So I have been off here for a while, but I should give some updates. After my car being at the dealership NUMEROUS times for the same thing, they replaced all 6 injectors but ultimately I ended up having carbon buildup. My car was in the shop from November 2013 until April 2014, and I mean it was there the ENTIRE time. Luckily I got to drive loaners the whole time. They were waiting for a new head & intake manifold from BMW, however there were none from BMW or a vendor that might make them for BMW. BMW finally came out with a new directive, they sonic-cleaned my head and Intake. Since then, I have had ZERO issues with the care concerning this problem. I have put 18k miles on the car since. So yes, I think all of these cars will have the problem if the EGR isn't fixed early on in the car's life. mine was done at 27k miles. Just figured I would give a much belated update.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #71
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
So I have been off here for a while, but I should give some updates. After my car being at the dealership NUMEROUS times for the same thing, they replaced all 6 injectors but ultimately I ended up having carbon buildup. My car was in the shop from November 2013 until April 2014, and I mean it was there the ENTIRE time. Luckily I got to drive loaners the whole time. They were waiting for a new head & intake manifold from BMW, however there were none from BMW or a vendor that might make them for BMW. BMW finally came out with a new directive, they sonic-cleaned my head and Intake. Since then, I have had ZERO issues with the care concerning this problem. I have put 18k miles on the car since. So yes, I think all of these cars will have the problem if the EGR isn't fixed early on in the car's life. mine was done at 27k miles. Just figured I would give a much belated update.

Matt
Good news, thanks for the update.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #72
CharlesCA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
... My car was in the shop from November 2013 until April 2014, and I mean it was there the ENTIRE time. Luckily I got to drive loaners the whole time. They were waiting for a new head & intake manifold from BMW, however there were none from BMW or a vendor that might make them for BMW. BMW finally came out with a new directive, they sonic-cleaned my head and Intake. Since then, I have had ZERO issues with the care concerning this problem. ...
Why didn't they just clean it in the first place? A couple days of cleaning vs months of waiting around for parts does not make any sense?

Last edited by CharlesCA; 04-12-2015 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0