E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > bmcables / bmwcables / cable-shack - cable/software packages

08-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #23
ncr1
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport

I took delivery of bmcables DVD and cable set at the weekend. Took around 6 hours to install, and can't get comms with any ECU on the vehicle.
Currently trying to figure out how to uninstall the programs, and get in touch with them to arrange a refund as per their cooling off period stated on the website.....
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #24
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
Tested it to clear some codes on my MacBook Pro and it seemed to work fine. Even though it seemed slow, maybe all are.

InstaGram: Ajerthan
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #25
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
I got mine from BMCables via ebay, £22.99 + £3.99 p&p.
It arrived within 24hrs with the software on 2 DVD's and everything installed with 1 click as described on my 64bit Windows 7 laptop.
So far I've just connected to the car and looked at the basics, but it does work fine
Only inpa works.
Good for diagnostic, but NCS experts does not work.
      08-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
Mrsammyp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Only inpa works.
Good for diagnostic, but NCS experts does not work.
What cable are you using Makkan?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #27
saquibmiah
Rep
Drives: e90

hi mate, question about previous post

hiya everyone new here.

i bought this cable from bmcable and its being a nightmare i got all the software install but INPA is showing both black dots before i even connected the cable to my car any advice guys. i,m really stuck i was up until 6am trying too get this to work please help me.

many thanks in advance

naj
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #28
saquibmiah
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonreality View Post
For a 2013 summer project I am doing a evaluation of BMW diagnostics/coding packages. I am testing out solutions with a K+D Can cable only with software from the Internet/Torrents, BMCables (1-click) www.bmcables.com , BM Technics (1-click) http://bmtechnic.co.uk/ .

So far here is what I can summarize for readers so far:

Cable Install INPA NCS DIS TIS SSS
K+D Can cable Works Manual Manual Manual Works TBD
BMCables Works Problems Problems NO Works TBD
BM Technics TBD TBD TBD TBD TBD TBD

Test boxes used:

Thinkpad T61 Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP3
Acer Netbook Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP2,

FW disabled, no AV was loaded, I set each box up with required OS and patches and then saved the image to quickly restore the images to do repeated tests.

K+D Can Cable solution Notes:
Bought the cable for approx 100.00 US dollars (Delivery time was about 1 week). Came with drivers on a DVD, no other software. Cable was a few inches longer than the BMCables (which is pretty short) and the wire is thicker. Easy to find INPA, NCS, DIS, SSS etc and install guides via torrents and internet (though confusing at times). This is to be expected but you do learn a lot. Anyways, the most popular apps INPA, EDIABAS, NCS work fine after a bit of tweaking. This method worked on both the Thinkpad and Acer for both Win 7 and XP. For DIS I ended up scrapping the Fister diag head approach(didn’t seem to work for me) and just ended up using the BMW Diagnostic 1.2 program to get DIS to work properly. Also I found that after everything I wanted was working, I backed up the image (to be safe) and then I installed vast AV and turned it on and every thing still worked.

Support: None, just what you read from the internet/Forums.

Suggestions: Read the forums. Get your hands on the M3 Cutters install guide and the BMW DIS V57, SSS Progman V32 and TIS V8 install guide by David Holdings. I found those 3 components invaluable as I muddled my way through this exercise.

Verdict: Not for the weary, but if all your looking for is INPA, NCS Expert then this will do.

BM Cables Solution Notes:
Bought cable and apps (2 CDs) for about 60.00 US Dollars including shipping. Cable is blue, rather short and cheap looking. The physical install went fine. I had to manually tweak the cable parameters. But it was definitely one click for each module to install. But after the physical install of the apps it was quite a nightmare from that point onwards. I plugged the USB cable into the computer (but not the car yet) and as soon as I ran INPA, I get 2 black dots. This sent up cautionary flags on this product right away. I then plug the cable head to a e90 and try to run a simple status on the engine. I get initialization errors right away. It was quite disappointing to see all the different models in INPA (including X3/X5s) and then see the API error messages pop up one after another. It pretty much went downhill from there. Took a lot of tweaking before I could get INPA working. I spent a lot of time re-imaging and retesting this product. Although DIS and SSS installed, they didn’t work. TIS worked fine though (manual). A few other things of note that make this a less than desirable solution is the fact they put passwords on some of the install files so you can’t even try to manually install. Same issues for both Win 7 and XP versions on both boxes.

BTW, during testing of the K+D Cable solution, I tried using the BMCables cable (uninstall and delete K+D Cable drivers provided and then reinstall BMCable drivers). It doesn’t work (no surprise there).

On a positive note, I did get the cable 3 days after I ordered it, that was probably the best experience of this solution.

Support: limited. Tips where pretty much useless IE. Here is a link to Bimmerforums, check your com port etc..,

Suggestions: Vendor should provide a Troubleshooting guide for their product. I kept wondering why it creates 2 EDIABAS copies. They should also point to any file links where their customers could download debugged software.

Verdict: This solution is eye candy at best. Not for the weary, 1-click installs work but that’s about it. Oh, the TIS piece works but won’t interface with the car through the DIS program (which by the way, DIS V57 doesn’t work either). I can't wait to test the BMTechnics solution next

BM Technics
I have the package but have not tested yet. Will do this in a week or so and update my post.
hiya I'm NEW here i just wanted to ask you how you resolve your INPA both black dot issue as i have exactly the same problem what tweaking did you have to do to resolve this nay information will be a great help

thanks in advance

naj
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #29
antonreality
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi

UPDATE Aug 22/13

For a 2013 summer project I am doing a evaluation of BMW diagnostics/coding packages. I am testing out solutions with a K+D Can cable only with software from the Internet/Torrents, BMCables (1-click) www.bmcables.com , BM Technics (1-click) http://bmtechnic.co.uk/ .

So far here is what I can summarize for readers so far:

-------------------------Cable----------------------------------------------
Ranking------------------Install-----INPA------NCS------DIS-----TIS------SSS

#1 BM Technics-----Works-----Works----Works-----Works---Works----Works
#2 K+D Can--------Works----Manual----Manual----Manual--Works----TBD
#3 BMCables---------Works----Problems--Problems--No------Works----No

Test boxes used:

Thinkpad T61 Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP3
Acer Netbook Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP2

FW disabled, no AV was loaded, I set each box up with required OS and patches and then saved the image to quickly restore the images to do repeated tests.

K+D Can Cable solution Notes:
Bought the cable for approx 100.00 US dollars (Delivery time was about 1 week). Came with drivers on a DVD, no other software. Cable was a few inches longer than the BMCables (which is pretty short) and the wire is thicker. Easy to find INPA, NCS, DIS, SSS etc and install guides via torrents and internet (though confusing at times). This is to be expected but you do learn a lot. Anyways, the most popular apps INPA, EDIABAS, NCS work fine after a bit of tweaking. This method worked on both the Thinkpad and Acer for both Win 7 and XP. For DIS I ended up scrapping the Fister diag head approach(didn’t seem to work for me) and just ended up using the BMW Diagnostic 1.2 program to get DIS to work properly. Also I found that after everything I wanted was working, I backed up the image (to be safe) and then I installed vast AV and turned it on and every thing still worked.

Support: None, just what you read from the internet/Forums.

Suggestions: Read the forums. Get your hands on the M3 Cutters install guide and the BMW DIS V57, SSS Progman V32 and TIS V8 install guide by David Holdings. I found those 3 components invaluable as I muddled my way through this exercise.

Verdict: Not for the weary, but if all your looking for is INPA, NCS Expert then this will do.

BM Cables Solution Notes:
Bought cable and apps (2 CDs) for about 60.00 US Dollars including shipping. Cable is blue, rather short and cheap looking. The physical install went fine. I had to manually tweak the cable parameters. But it was definitely one click for each module to install. But after the physical install of the apps it was quite a nightmare from that point onwards. I plugged the USB cable into the computer (but not the car yet) and as soon as I ran INPA, I get 2 black dots. This sent up cautionary flags on this product right away. I then plug the cable head to a e90 and try to run a simple status on the engine. I get initialization errors right away. It was quite disappointing to see all the different models in INPA (including X3/X5s) and then see the API error messages pop up one after another. It pretty much went downhill from there. Took a lot of tweaking before I could get INPA working. I spent a lot of time re-imaging and retesting this product. Although DIS and SSS installed, they didn’t work. TIS worked fine though (manual). A few other things of note that make this a less than desirable solution is the fact they put passwords on some of the install files so you can’t even try to manually install. Same issues for both Win 7 and XP versions on both boxes.

BTW, during testing of the K+D Cable solution, I tried using the BMCables cable (uninstall and delete K+D Cable drivers provided and then reinstall BMCable drivers). It doesn’t work (no surprise there).

On a positive note, I did get the cable 3 days after I ordered it, that was probably the best experience of this solution.

Support: limited. Tips where pretty much useless IE. Here is a link to Bimmerforums, check your com port etc..,

Suggestions: Vendor should provide a Troubleshooting guide for their product. I kept wondering why it creates 2 EDIABAS copies. They should also point to any file links where their customers could download debugged software.

Verdict: This solution is eye candy at best. Not for the weary, 1-click installs work but that’s about it. Oh, the TIS piece works but won’t interface with the car through the DIS program (which by the way, DIS V57 doesn’t work either). I can’t wait to test the BMTechnics solution next.

BM Technic Solution Notes :
UPDATE Aug/22/13

Bought cable and apps (on 8 meg brand name USB key) for about 120.00 US Dollars including shipping. I received it within 5 business days. Excellent so far. First thing I noticed was the quality of the cable. It was about 12 inches longer than the BM Cables cable and had thicker wire shielding. May not mean much to the average user but that meant it would be more durable and it made it easier to work outside the vehicle and not have to worry about using a USB extension cable.

I plugged in the USB key and installed each module. The install was flawless, I mean compared to the other 2 solutions, this was amazing. On a T61 running Windows 7 32bit there were no problems whatsoever.

INPA, NCS Expert ran perfectly. I tested on a e90 and e46 and both worked without after install tweaks and no errors unlike the BM Cables solution.

GT1 DIS worked perfectly as well. You don’t get the nice connection bar status like the K+D Can Cable solution but that is because the application developer used Fister versus the DiagHead emulator. It worked on a e90 and e46 perfectly.

SSS Progman worked perfectly as well. NCS is a better tool due to the fact it has the best functionality but SSS Program has a easier interface and it’s in English. I thought there was a install problem so I zapped the test box and reinstalled. You just need to remember to power down Progman versus suspend when you using it on different models.

Support: Exceptional. Very helpful, very knowledgeable and they asks the right questions to help troubleshoot problems quickly.

Suggestions: Okay, only minor negative thing about this solution is your only allowed to load 2 copies. I actually thought I had a problem with Progman so reloaded 3 times. On the third time I was not able to register the software so had to email the vendor. They were really good about extending the number of license so I could reload. They also gave me help to resolve the issue and get Progman working properly.

This brings up future concerns. If for any reason you have to reload the applications due to Hard drive upgrade or you re-image you computer or you catch a virus that trashes your box, you will use both your licenses pretty quick. So the suggestion for the vendor is increase the number of installs tries. Besides, you have to use their BM Techic cable. This would make customers happier and reduce the emails back and forth explaining what happened to using up the 2 licenses due to whatever reason.

BTW, I was only able to load it on a Thinkpad T61 Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, XP SP3 because I ran out of licenses. But this exercise convinced me this is a great solution.

Verdict: This is the real deal, this is the package you want ! This is nothing out there that compares to this solution as well as the support (at the moment) provided. This ranks #1 basically.

Hope people found this useful.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #30
antonreality
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Hi Naj, I got it to work once in INPA but I kept fiddling with the test box due to all the other problems with this product from BMCables and did not bother to find out why INPA stopped working. Suggest is get your money back and buy the BM Technic solution, it is amazing.

For myself, I'm hanging the cable up to remind people still produce junk apps out there which will make me read more forums and get educated before I buy.

A.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #31
Subzero2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato View Post
I got mine from here http://bmtechnic.co.uk/
Best £30 I spent. Saved loads on code reading and is great for the DIY mechanic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
thats where mine has come from and can say when they say 1 click it is literally 1 click

dont bother with ebay jobs unless you are willing to spend many hours trying to instal DIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by plovell2 View Post
Got my cable a couple of months ago from these guys too, dead easy to get going and the email support was also good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106turbo View Post
Another thumbs up for the Bmtechnik cable and software!!

Think hes on m3cutters
Why, after all these positive comments about BMtechnic, did people still go ahead and buy from BMcables?

To echo what the others have said, BMTechnic package is easy as hell and is so well finished. Very good email support too.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #32
saquibmiah
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonreality View Post
Hi Naj, I got it to work once in INPA but I kept fiddling with the test box due to all the other problems with this product from BMCables and did not bother to find out why INPA stopped working. Suggest is get your money back and buy the BM Technic solution, it is amazing.

For myself, I'm hanging the cable up to remind people still produce junk apps out there which will make me read more forums and get educated before I buy.

A.
thats excatly what i did i ended up geeting a cable from cable-shack on ebay k+dcan works great and the seller jimmy alway try toi help giving remote access help i highly recommond this person you can,t go wrong with this cable does both k line and d can i,v coded 09 m3 e93 08 320d e93 06 320d e90 no problem.
STAY AWAY FROM BMCABLE TOTAL RUBBISH COMPLETE NIGHTMARE AND NO HELP FROM SELLER
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
r0bert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i, 2008 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11y View Post
http://www.bmcables.com/

Anyone tried their package on the e9x? Cable & software: "INPA, DIS, SSS Progman, NCS Expert, WinKPF, Navcoder and more."

Thoughts/experiences?

Cheers.
Did you get the bmcables programs to work? I am having nothing but problems.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #34
r0bert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i, 2008 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert View Post
bmcables has misleading information on website versus ebay postings. the bmcable is not d-can.

ebay post have following:

Important: This will work for BMW cars from 1991 to 2008. This will not work on some cars built from 2008 and newer cars (from when BMW started using D-can for OBD communication)

bmcables.com has following:

Note2: This will work for BMW cars from 1991 to 2009. This will not work on cars built from 2010 and newer cars (from when BMW started using a different protocol for communications)

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #35
ChrisBoom
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M Sport

I foolishly bought one of these a few months back. Awful. Software wouldn't respond at all, cable was awful quality. Never again.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #36
saquibmiah
Rep

If Anyone Now Brought This Item Ask For A Refund And If You Brought Thro Ebay Please Leave Negative Feedback And Do Not Change Your Feedback Back To Positive Even If He Offers The Postage Refund And A Bit More You May Get The Postage Back From Him But You Will Not Get The Extra He Has Offered You. He Is A Con Artist Say Away From Him.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #37
saquibmiah
Rep

The Seller Name Is Bmcable-co-uk Stay Well Away
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #38
saquibmiah
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert View Post
STAY AWAY SELLER IS RUBBISH ITEM IS RUBBISH USE cable-shack BEST CABLE WORKS GREAT http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2811367162...84.m1439.l2649
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #39
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

I love BMWTECHNICS software and cable and works a treat on 64bit computers and backup service is great Chris is always on the case.
You can't go wrong.

http://bmtechnic.co.uk/bmw-diagnosti...2-pro-edition/

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/index.php

You will see a lot of info on this site on bmtechnic forum.
      10-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #40
skylightx
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Chaps
I can confirm that the BMCABLES.COM cable works just fine and I have had a positive experience with them. The first time to install the software it takes time but aside from that is a great piece of kit. There are a lot of users with DCAN cars (March 2007 and later) who have purchased this and have had problems getting it to work. This is because the cable is for BMW cars upto March 2007 as stated on their website bmcables.com.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #41
Nedal0
Rep
Drives: E93

Thanks for the update skylightx. What Year and Model BMW did you use the Cable for ?

I strongly believe BMCables Products are not DCAN and worst of all, they don't really make it clear which Year Car Models and Comm types (K or DCAN) these cables are compatible with.

I am aware their Cables don't work on BMW Cars manufactured after or from 03/2007 onwards. Which mean they will not work on an 03/2007 BMW.

The whole thing looks dodgy and I believe they are just trying to sell to anyone and just offer partial refund in the event the cable does not work. That way they still make money but the buyer loses out.

I believe an honest seller will make things very clear for the end user and they have failed to do so. If you notice, they make it a point to avoid mentioning the type of Cable they are selling, which leads me to believe they just want to sell regardless.

The software is the worst of all. There is no way of uninstalling so you better create a restore point on your PC before attempting to even use it.

On eBay, they sell under the eBay ID: bmcables.com or bcables.com. Its a real shame BM Technic closed down.

Last edited by Nedal0; 10-15-2013 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #42
skylightx
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedal0 View Post
Thanks for the update skylightx. What Year and Model BMW did you use the Cable for ?

I strongly believe BMCables Products are not DCAN and worst of all, they don't really make it clear which Year Car Models and Comm types (K or DCAN) these cables are compatible with.

I am aware their Cables don't work on BMW Cars manufactured after or from 03/2007 onwards. Which mean they will not work on an 03/2007 BMW.

The whole thing looks dodgy and I believe they are just trying to sell to anyone and just offer partial refund in the event the cable does not work. That way they still make money but the buyer loses out.

I believe an honest seller will make things very clear for the end user and that have failed to do so. If you notice, they make it a point to avoid mentioning they type of Cable they are selling, which leads me to believe they just want to sell regardless.

The software is the worst of all. There is no way of installing so you better create a restore point on your PC before attempting to even use it.

On eBay, they sell under the eBay ID: bmcables.com or bcables.com. Its a real shame BM Technic closed down.

hi I have a 2004 E53 and 2006 e90. It works fine on both. They don't advertise DCAN but do state that the cable only works on cars upto 03/2007. This is good enough for me as lets be honest most people here don't know what DCAN is. Lets face it the software between them and BMtecnic is just the same. I am a happy customer and would recommend BMCABLE.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #43
Leah1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport

This is the cable I will be going for now that bmtechnic have ceased trading
http://bmwcables.co.uk/ seems to get good reviews on various forums
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
danb21t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le Mans 335d M Sport

I have an 06/2007 e92 and mine works without issue.
Appreciate 0