E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Paintless Dent Removale (PDR) - Central, South Ohio

08-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Fitz7099
Forever n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Paintless Dent Removale (PDR) - Central, South Ohio

Hey guys, I think this is my first poll. I pretty much read everything and contribute nothing, terrible I know. Any ways I'm in need of some help.

I'm staying at my mom's for the month of August because I'm in between apartments. The new place won't be ready until September because of construction delays, go figure.

The first night here we have a windy night and the pine tree tossed all of its cones all over the roof of my E92. By my untrained eyes I count six dents on the roof and one on the rail(?) right above the drive side B-pillar. There are no hard creases, only dents. The smallest one is about the size of a teaspoon while the largest, which isn't deep at all, is the size of a tennis ball..

I've read a bunch of stuff about paintless dent removal and I'm almost certain most of these can be molded out. Except that it will be a PITA since they are on the roof.

My questions:

Are minor dents on a roof, like the ones described above, fixable?

Does the head liner need to be removed to fix them?

If fixable, can anyone recommend a guy/company somewhere in Cincinnati or Columbus?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I'm never parking under a pine tree again.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Mr. Nice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp XDrive

Garage List
Had some hail dents on my roof, was able to get it fixed with PDR, looks perfect. Headliner does need to come out, it's pretty labor intensive so it won't be cheap, I ended up filing an insurance claim.
Appreciate 0