E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sponsorship

08-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #45
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce
bro, you honestly have something wrong with you if you think you actually have sponsors. I'd bet that if the company whose banner you have on your windshield actually saw it, they'd ask you to take it off. I doubt they want your car to be associated with their shop in any way. it will deter customers. sponsorship usually involves paperwork

I know the owners of a couple shops and I'm sure they would give me a discount if I was interested in their merchandise. Does that mean they sponsor me?

and do you really think going around asking for free shit is going to get you sponsored? you're 17, drive the lowest model BMW available, and you don't know how to mod it. I mean you're driving around on plastidipped 16" wheels.

It's time to reevaluate your priorities and stop posting stupid threads on here. Usually people that post this many stupid threads and have <50 posts are the ones who are repeatedly asked to leave by other forum members
Sorry, bryce is 100% correct- sometimes the truth hurts. I'm not here to bash anyone, but we all modded our rides the same way- we worked hard and paid for them (mostly).

It is exceptionally difficult to get sponsors to pay for your mods- and not just any ol' shmuck will get sponsored.

Like the line in that Megadeth song says: "If there's a new way, I'd be the first in line...."
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
paulguma
Bavarian Murder Weapon
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

Garage List
1999 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
like someone said earlier. He's trolling but at least it's entertaining.
      08-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #47
mex2309
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335i MSport X-Drive AW

This car screams high school modding. Anybody else getting a mental picture of what this kid looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
Meanwhile in another thread we see the vehicle.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874083
      08-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #48
Gizm0
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex2309 View Post
This car screams high school modding. Anybody else getting a mental picture of what this kid looks like
      08-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #49
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
Step 1. Do something worthy of being sponsored.
.. Like .. Going down on some D?
      08-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #50
spiike32
Major
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
bro, you honestly have something wrong with you if you think you actually have sponsors. I'd bet that if the company whose banner you have on your windshield actually saw it, they'd ask you to take it off. I doubt they want your car to be associated with their shop in any way. it will deter customers. sponsorship usually involves paperwork

I know the owners of a couple shops and I'm sure they would give me a discount if I was interested in their merchandise. Does that mean they sponsor me?

and do you really think going around asking for free shit is going to get you sponsored? you're 17, drive the lowest model BMW available, and you don't know how to mod it. I mean you're driving around on plastidipped 16" wheels.

It's time to reevaluate your priorities and stop posting stupid threads on here. Usually people that post this many stupid threads and have <50 posts are the ones who are repeatedly asked to leave by other forum members
+1,000,000 well said kdbryce

Now I actually do know several people that are sponsored but they happily pay for their mods themselves and are under contract to use a company's name and the companies use their cars. I'm talking about you ship your car to a location and they use it to display their product because you drive a $300k car. Click the pic in my sig to go to my mod journal and see the 3rd to the last pic. Those are the kind of cars that get this. e.g. F430 Scuderia. Also you'll never see some lame stickers on these cars ever, they come off right after the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg E90 View Post
Yeah I've been finding that out slowly, I have heard of free stuff before but thats for top notch cars that win every event. As far as money goes I'm 17 so I dont have any, and since i get a pretty large discount(30-50% off) from SOME of my sponsors, I'm trying to sell product at less then retail but enough to make a profit
This isn't called sponsorship....

Current: Tesla Model 3 Performance Retired: F80 M3, FBO 335i, 318ti, C7 Stingray

Last edited by spiike32; 08-08-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
threethirtyfive
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335, '04 R32

Garage List
You drive a BMW at 17 yet you have no money or way to make it or even be given it?

You don't show your car, you don't have a particularly special car yet you think someone should give you a sponsorship so you can undercut them?

Can you not work rather than drive around asking people to give you free/discounted parts that you are in turn trying to sell for a profit?

At 17 I was driving a Corrado that had full coils, a shave job and a set of WRD's. I think those wheels cost me around $2800 back in 2001, I got a job, worked, saved, bought stuff.

Nothing wrong with some help, I talked the rents into a co-signed loan. Begging for parts to hock under the guise of "sponsorship" is really shitty, not help. I hope your car breaks.

To be honest, you are a huge douche. You are the reason companies DON'T sponsor people. Not only are they losing money by giving you free or discounted parts they are also losing both potential sales from you undercutting them as well as an inevitable drop in price because you are going to be out blasting your mouth off about how:

"Yeah man, these guys are my BOYS! They hook me up on everything, you should go in and say I sent you and he will give you a great deal."

You think you are being cool and networking when in reality you are making it harder for him to sell his product at any level of an already low profit. You sent someone there for a "deal" so now he is dealing with that bullshit "Some kid in a parking lot told me you sponsor him and could hook it up".

Yeah this sounds like a wonderful plan, I can't imagine why people aren't jumping all over this. What a douche, get a job and quit bitching. Can't you just go about what the rest of idiotic 17 year old kids in SoCal do and run into a wall drunk?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #52
moorlander
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 x5, 2024 x3 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner
Meanwhile in another thread we see the vehicle.

Yikes!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #53
BlkD12agon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizm0 View Post
Try to get in touch with Skittles... i've seen donks with Skittles paint jobs everywhere...

wow
"taste the rainbow"
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #54
BlkD12agon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

I'm not going to put you down kid cause I remember what it was like to have that kind of desire and ambition at your age. It's not a bad thing, BUT, you have to realize that a sponsorship is basically a business partnership in a sense. Yes we're all enthusiasts and love our cars but at the end of the day, for the companies to continue doing what they (we) all love, they have to make money. There's no profit in sponsoring someone who can't make them profit. Not to mention there's guys/gals who already have money or have invested money to bring their car to a certain level which attracts attention from others as well as sponsors. When those sponsors see those cars and want to offer the owner a sponsorship, it's so they can make more money. Sorry to break it to you but this is how it really works. At the end of the day it's about making profit.

My suggestion, if you really love modding and being around cars so much, look into a technical school rather than a traditional college after you graduate (assuming you haven't already). From there you will be able to get a better view of all the various areas in the auto industry, become proficient in one area that you like the most but start your networking from there. Afterwards you can work for a company, or if you're really ambitious, open your own shop. Once you do that you won't have to go around asking for sponsorships.

Yes this is going to take a long time (something your generation seems to have a hard time dealing with now-a-days) but the rewards will be greater in the end. Do it now while you're still young and have time and room to make mistakes. Trust me.

Good luck to you man.

Last edited by BlkD12agon; 08-08-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #55
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

this doesn't apply to modding but it has some good tips about getting sponsorship. its ok to dream, its the hard work that makes it reality where most fail. good luck op

http://www.goaheadtakethewheel.com/a...ponsorship.php
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #56
Gizm0
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Step 1. Do something worthy of being sponsored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPig View Post
.. Like .. Going down on some D?

Stickers for blow jobs...

OP, I have stickers for you
      08-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #57
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

apparently he's trying to get members to send him their parts to make molds for CF overlays for a group buy now?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873978

bad idea. I doubt anyone would see their stuff again
      08-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #58
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I try to not post negative things about others BUT I just found the ops thread about his car and WTF. You are so far from having a chance of getting sponsored its ridiculous. WTF is that garbage system in your trunk, I assume u threw that in there yourself. I am all for doing what makes YOU happy and if these "mods" are making YOU happy then great but you have to realize that 99.9% of people are looking at your car and thinking what a shame he ruined a perfectly good BMW. When your talking about sponsors you have to be willing to make your car the way the majority of people are going to like it and you did the exact opposite of that. Not to mention you will need professional quality installs not something that looks like a couple high school kids thought would be fun to do while smoking pot after school.

What do we think of your baby? We think someone should call child protective services

Enjoy your car but realize you are never going to get a sponsor like this and also that you are destroying the cars value in the process.
      08-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #59
psmith95
original account ****** for a month...
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xdrive

I was originally going to post a serious reply since I am "sponsored" by the shop I go to but realized it probably wouldn't be worth my time after reading a bit more into the thread
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #60
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith95 View Post
I was originally going to post a serious reply since I am "sponsored" by the shop I go to but realized it probably wouldn't be worth my time after reading a bit more into the thread
LOL me too
      08-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #61
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

You don't get free parts being sponsored off the jump. You have to buy or pay retail for the parts at first. Then as you upgrade your ride and get your car winning shows, or noticed by bigger people in the industry you'll be getting calls to have them use your car in their tradeshow booth, etc.

Build a fast car with GOOD parts (good doesn't mean all name branded parts, they can be custom parts from Taiwan made to fit perfectly) and make it out....
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #62
uberbeast21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
not trying to bash...but this situation calls for it. you are not going to get a single sponsorship with your car, im sorry but it is a fact. im 17 as well however I am working to pay for mods that I want to do not going around asking for discounts then selling the parts for profit like an asshole. i hope the people that gave you discounts see this and deny you business for the rest of your life. and take that plasti shit off your car.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #63
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
My car is pretty much hooked up in every way. Only thing that isn't sponsored in any way is tires and DIY.
      08-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #64
RainKing
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport - Sedan

You could always find a sponsor at AA... too soon?
Appreciate 0