E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Review vs-tmap-bov-line-adapter



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
81
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Review vs-tmap-bov-line-adapter

Did you just get a new Charge Pipe with a different type of BOV. Chances are your probably going to tap into your intake. If your like me and didn't want to deal with the hassle then check this out. Vader Solutions has an adapter that plugs right into your tmap sensor housing. https://vadersolution.com/products/v...v-line-adapter Took me less than 10 minutes to install and your good to go. So far I'm loving it. My BOV now releases like it's supposed to.

NOTE:The pic is of the un-anodized one. Not sure if they sell them in this fashion. They typically come in anodized black but since my car was down I reached out to them and they were kind enough to send me an un-anodized version as they were out of stock on the black anodized ones.

Not much to note but hear are some pics. Very easy to install.

TIAL requires a 1/4" line from the intake so in my case with the stock vacuum 3.5mm hose running the 10psi (black) spring I was getting compressor surge (sounds like the turbo's are spuddering)

Here is what you need:

1/8 to 1/4" NPT brass nipple (fine thread) picked up at ACE hardware for $3.29
1/4" ID Vacuum Line picked up at Pep Boys for $4.59 get 2ft even though you will trim a little off.
Vader Solutions vs-tmap-bov-line-adapter $60 + shipping

NOTE: Make sure you cap off your stock intake port. If you like the Ghetto style just take a screw and screw it in. (Good if you have plans on running a boost gauge just tap into that line and save your self some trouble). See last pic red circle bottom right.

If I were the vendor I would make a complete kit including a 1/4" NPT fitting and 2ft of vacuum hose for a few extra dollars and save us the hassle.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2008 335i E93, DP's, 7" FMIC, DCI,CP TIAL Q BOV, MHD Stage 2+, Alpina Flash

Last edited by GEOS07335i; 07-15-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
257
Rep
675
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LBC

iTrader: (0)

OP your my hero. I just found out that this is my boosting issue with the ARM charge pipe and the TIAL BOV. I just installed the 1/4 line today, but its not fitting into my throttle body nipple because the line is too big. So I just hopped on to here to see what the final solution was and this looks like exactly what I am looking for.

I have questions. Check your PM box. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #3
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
81
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
OP your my hero. I just found out that this is my boosting issue with the ARM charge pipe and the TIAL BOV. I just installed the 1/4 line today, but its not fitting into my throttle body nipple because the line is too big. So I just hopped on to here to see what the final solution was and this looks like exactly what I am looking for.

I have questions. Check your PM box. Thanks.
The nipple is on the intake. Yeah that won't work 1/4" is like 6mm that nipple is designed for a 3.5mm line. This will be perfect for you as I ran into the same issue.

I'm using the ARM Charge Pipe too. Loving all the ARM stuff so far.
__________________
2008 335i E93, DP's, 7" FMIC, DCI,CP TIAL Q BOV, MHD Stage 2+, Alpina Flash

Last edited by GEOS07335i; 04-07-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #4
Chris@VargasTurboTech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
732
Rep
817
Posts


Drives: All Things TurboCharged
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Glad it worked out!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #5
320IN54
Private First Class
43
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Im still waiting for my order to arrive. Looks like it works for you and i hope this will solve my problem where my tial bov wont open.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
81
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
For me it doesn't open under idle ie. reving to 3k and letting off. When I got on the road and stepped on it in 3rd and then let off the gas I willhear the bov release.

Also I tried a very light spring the bov piston at idle was totally open and car would rough idle. Pinch the vacuum hose and the piston collapses.
__________________
2008 335i E93, DP's, 7" FMIC, DCI,CP TIAL Q BOV, MHD Stage 2+, Alpina Flash
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
rediahad
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: e93, e92
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (1)

I orded this adapter based on the rave reviews from this thread, there are a ton of problems you forgot to list. some issues with the tmap sensor adapter i ran into. none of your pics show the fact that it doesn't cover the tmap sensor outline area not a really big deal but i like clean looking installs. The screws provided aren't the right length they are too long. The inlet size for the adapter is 1/8 so when looking if you need 1/4 npt it will be a 1/8 to 1/4 barb.For my hks it only required a 1/8to 1/8. I will be posting a full review with pics and my experience dealing with VS.

Last edited by rediahad; 06-26-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Appreciate 1
Jklad305.00

      07-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #8
Linx
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

I'm a bit confused here. I purchased this adapter and want to install this weekend. What I'm confused about is the size of fitting I have to buy. Omar at VS said I need to get a 1/8" npt to 1/4" barb. Isn't getting an 1/8" npt totally eliminating the purpose of this product? Shouldn't it be 1/4" npt to a 1/4" barb?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #9
320IN54
Private First Class
43
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
I'm a bit confused here. I purchased this adapter and want to install this weekend. What I'm confused about is the size of fitting I have to buy. Omar at VS said I need to get a 1/8" npt to 1/4" barb. Isn't getting an 1/8" npt totally eliminating the purpose of this product? Shouldn't it be 1/4" npt to a 1/4" barb?
No an 1/8th barb works perfectly fine thats also the size people put directly onto their intake manifolds as well when they break their nipple.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #10
Linx
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
No an 1/8th barb works perfectly fine thats also the size people put directly onto their intake manifolds as well when they break their nipple.
But if the purpose of running a 1/4" line is to draw more vacuum to your bov, how's running the same size piping within the fitting making any difference? Or am I not understanding this correctly?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #11
Linx
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Another question I forgot to ask. I have a Synapse bov with push in line connectors. They won't fit a 1/4" line. So should I get the same kind of fitting to put on the bov?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:26 PM   #12
320IN54
Private First Class
43
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
But if the purpose of running a 1/4" line is to draw more vacuum to your bov, how's running the same size piping within the fitting making any difference? Or am I not understanding this correctly?
It seems like I have made a mistake. It was a 1/8 NPT to a 1/4 barb. This was the one I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Sorry for the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #13
Linx
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
It seems like I have made a mistake. It was a 1/8 NPT to a 1/4 barb. This was the one I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Sorry for the confusion.
And this would be ok to use as fittings on my bov as well as the adapter, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:47 PM   #14
320IN54
Private First Class
43
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
And this would be ok to use as fittings on my bov as well as the adapter, right?
I am not sure about the Synapse but if you can get a fitting that fits in there I think it would be good to have it.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #15
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
81
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rediahad View Post
I orded this adapter based on the rave reviews from this thread, there are a ton of problems you forgot to list. some issues with the tmap sensor adapter i ran into. none of your pics show the fact that it doesn't cover the tmap sensor outline area not a really big deal but i like clean looking installs. The screws provided aren't the right length they are too long. The inlet size for the adapter is 1/8 so when looking if you need 1/4 npt it will be a 1/8 to 1/4 barb.For my hks it only required a 1/8to 1/8. I will be posting a full review with pics and my experience dealing with VS.
Sorry for the confusion. I will edit the original thread to state a 1/8 to 1/4" NPT nipple. I had no issues with the screws.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 11:57 PM   #16
rediahad
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: e93, e92
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (1)

I forgot to say that i have a vrsf aftermarket charge pipe so maybe thats why the screws didnt work out
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #17
Linx
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rediahad View Post
I forgot to say that i have a vrsf aftermarket charge pipe so maybe thats why the screws didnt work out
But this goes on the intake manifold. Not the charge pipe
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 12:55 AM   #18
rediahad
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: e93, e92
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (1)

Really!?!?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #19
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
81
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yeah don't confuse it with the map sensonr on the charge pipe. The bov adapter fits on top of the intake. See the red circle in the picture.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #20
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
81
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yeah don't confuse it with the map sensonr on the charge pipe. The bov adapter fits on top of the intake. See the red circle in the picture.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST