E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I need help something seriously wrong

07-10-2018, 03:48 AM   #1
blake11544
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 bmw m2

I need help something seriously wrong

I have terrible logs right now I’m new to the n54 community so need some help with what’s going on. All I know now is I might have leaky injectors. My car is a 2008 bmw 335i with 114500 miles. Only codes I got are lambda control 2 and now I’m getting shawdow codes for super knock which is scary. Please help btw I’m stage 1 MHD
https://datazap.me/u/blake11545/some...og=0&data=3-24
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 330k+ (miles)

3 posts (2 on the same log topic) and you actually expect someone to click on your link?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
agustincuenca
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i; 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
What fuel are you putting in your car? I used to put shell 93 vpower and had to stop using it due to those codes, switched to Mobil and haven't had an issue since (1+ year ago).
I know too, that tuned Focus ST and RSs have the same behavior with Shells....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
3 posts (2 on the same log topic) and you actually expect someone to click on your link?
The link is legit...

If you look at the URL it points to Datazap.me, which is a known-trusted site (with up-to-date/valid SSL certificate)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
The link is legit...

If you look at the URL it points to Datazap.me, which is a known-trusted site (with up-to-date/valid SSL certificate)
This site has the capablity to upload a good many types of files... including data files. HINT --> "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip"

Linking to an unknown website with a Montenegro (aka the .me) domain and expecting people to just go to it is fairly stupid.

As for the SSL... don't make me laugh. SSL is the first thing a good hacker compromises.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #6
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep

Quote:
This site has the capablity to upload a good many types of files... including data files. HINT --> "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip"

Linking to an unknown website with a Montenegro (aka the .me) domain and expecting people to just go to it is fairly stupid.

As for the SSL... don't make me laugh. SSL is the first thing a good hacker compromises.
All I’m saying is that suggesting that he couldn’t possibly expect someone to be foolish enough to click on it seemed a bit extreme. Just my opinion.

To me and many others on here, it’s not an unknown website. I’ve visited Datazap—which specifically exists so that users can post log files—many times and felt perfectly fine clicking the link, and I’m not unfamiliar with these things either... Certainly fair enough if you or others do not. If you want me to post pictures of the logs for the benefit of the thread, I’d be happy to help.

Not looking for an argument though my man, just felt perhaps my post was misunderstood.

Best

A
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
blake11544
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustincuenca View Post
What fuel are you putting in your car? I used to put shell 93 vpower and had to stop using it due to those codes, switched to Mobil and haven't had an issue since (1+ year ago).
I know too, that tuned Focus ST and RSs have the same behavior with Shells....
I’m putting 91 it’s all I got out in California
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
blake11544
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You aren’t able to see my logs?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #9
blake11544
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m just trying to see what’s wrong with my car that’s all. I want to find out sooner then later so I don’t get some kind of major problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #10
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Quote:

Buddy....so many people post datazap.me logs here. Where have you been for the last year?
6ixSpd6014.50
      07-11-2018, 12:49 AM   #11
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake11544 View Post
I have terrible logs right now I’m new to the n54 community so need some help with what’s going on. All I know now is I might have leaky injectors. My car is a 2008 bmw 335i with 114500 miles. Only codes I got are lambda control 2 and now I’m getting shawdow codes for super knock which is scary. Please help btw I’m stage 1 MHD
Try posting your log in here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...69588&page=103
      07-12-2018, 02:51 AM   #12
Eavc8911
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 N54/N55 turbo

HELP!!!!

So I'm new to the forums community as well, first time I've owned a bmw, and i just so happened to get the one that is the most beautiful that makes you wanna cry your eyes out after you find out all the faults it has, the precious 335i!!!!! so i purchased the vehicle from a used dealership at 145000 and have put 5,000 miles on it and didn't have a problem up until yesterday, i about cried my eyes out. There seemed to be oil leaking from the bottom of the car where the oil drain plug is or where the oil pan would be, haven't jacked it up to really see where its coming from, but oil was draining, i don't think it was milky but my wife seems to think that it is, but i was at work when this happened and i drove home after work, stopped here and there to see if it was continuing to leak oil but no leaking oil was coming out, we went out of town for most of the day, drove the car earlier tonight, easy not hard or anything, but as i was getting close to my destination, my coolant light came on so when i got to my destination, i popped the hood, and checked the coolant even though it was hot and there seemed to be coolant in it, checked the top area where to add oil to see if there was any condensation or anything but there wasn't, so I'm really stressed out now thinking the worse of the worse that my car is done!!! or just going to be a very expensive fix! so i ask for help as I've read many forums on here and many people out there have had the same experience or similar to it, or people that have owned bmws more than i have, have better knowledge of what might be happening with my Adele, as of now, i left the car where i last drove it to because i didn't want to do any further damage to it and will be getting it towed tomorrow hopefully either to my house or to a shop that can give me diagnostics so i can go from there as to figure out what is wrong with my poor Adele, but any advice or anything will help from you guys, thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #13
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavc8911 View Post
So I'm new to the forums community as well, first time I've owned a bmw, and i just so happened to get the one that is the most beautiful that makes you wanna cry your eyes out after you find out all the faults it has, the precious 335i!!!!! so i purchased the vehicle from a used dealership at 145000 and have put 5,000 miles on it and didn't have a problem up until yesterday, i about cried my eyes out. There seemed to be oil leaking from the bottom of the car...

Your problems are completely unrelated to the issues the OP is having. Please don't threadjack; post this in a separate thread... When you do this, using paragraph breaks will increase your chances of getting helpful responses too
Appreciate 3
Pladi718.00
TemjinX2520.50
      07-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #14
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post

Your problems are completely unrelated to the issues the OP is having. Please don't threadjack; post this in a separate thread... When you do this, using paragraph breaks will increase your chances of getting helpful responses too

You are a green Lieutenant aren't you.

Please go take a sarcasm recognition class.....

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #15
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep

Quote:

Huh?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #16
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake11544 View Post
You have 100 % pedal at 1600 RPM.. multiple corrections tons of boost bad fuel...total mess Why do you people tune cars and know NOTHING about cars ?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #17
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep

Quote:

Alright bud. I know I really shouldn't say this, but I have no idea what your problem is... Did I do something to personally wrong you??

I try to be polite and respectful to the folks on this board, just like I would be if we were talking face-to-face. This is especially true with members who are clearly interested in contributing to the community, which I would say both you and I are, no?

Posts like yours in this thread do nothing to contribute. Don't like the link? Don't click it! Just because you don't recognize the domain doesn't make it suspicious. So when I pointed that out in what I think was a fairly respectful manner, why the need to be an ass?

I had initially planned to refrain from picking apart your rather dickish and misinformed response, because being civil is more important to me than having to be right or getting in the last word, but since you're obviously not as interested as I am in avoiding petty BS and needless remarks, let me take you to school for a quick moment here:

Quote:
HINT: if you knew anything about the topic at hand, you'd understand that what you're referring to concerns the e90post vBulletin board, not external websites such as that the OP linked to. So your rather rude statement is completely irrelevant. Based on this alone, it's clear you have a tenuous grasp on this subject...

Quote:

Wrong again. Not an unknown site, and if you knew how to identify suspicious URL's, you'd know that what he posted really isn't cause for concern. So he was a little overzealous in trying to get a response, and made multiple posts. BFD. Saying that a site with a .me domain is somehow inherently suspicious is ridiculous. I'm not even going to bother to explain why. If you're really worried, there are plenty of steps you can take to assess the safety/validity of the link, without putting you in harm's way.

Quote:

Not to worry, you already made me laugh with your comments about the file attachment types. It's always funny when someone insists on being an ass about making a point but doesn't realize they're completely incorrect. If you're really concerned about clicking a malicious link, as you clearly are, there are some pretttty good ways you can confirm indicators such as who issued the certificate, and make your inferences from there. Sure, no system is perfect, but you're talking like this guy is out to screw us all over.

Anyways, just thought I'd go against my better judgement there and get that off my chest.

Hope we can still play nice in the sandbox
Appreciate 1
Pladi718.00
      07-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #18
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

looking at your logging...you look like your on the mhd stage 1 91 map.

Since your in california...you have crap 91. You need to be on the mhd stage 1 91 acn map. ACN (Arizona, California, Nevada gas)

The regular 91 map has more aggressive timing and higher peak psi of 15.

The acn map will have less timing and peak boost target of 14 psi.

Reflash to the ACN map and relog.

More technical problems with the N54, post on the N54 sub forum. You'll notice there more technical users on that side of the forum vs general sub forum
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #19
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
You have 100 % pedal at 1600 RPM.. multiple corrections tons of boost bad fuel...total mess Why do you people tune cars and know NOTHING about cars ?
What you’re saying is exactly why I backed off my enthusiasm for tuning my car. I originally was very enthusiastic but as I’ve read more about it I’ve realized that I don’t know enough about what I’m doing yet and so I’m doing bolt on mods for now...

When I understand it better I might feel differently...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #20
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
What you’re saying is exactly why I backed off my enthusiasm for tuning my car. I originally was very enthusiastic but as I’ve read more about it I’ve realized that I don’t know enough about what I’m doing yet and so I’m doing bolt on mods for now...

I some what disagree...everyone started at 0. difference is if your willing to learn and trouble shoot if problems occur.

If you just want a car that just runs and not have to worry about it, then yes i would keep it stock.

People who tune, should know there comes with risk of things breaking and they would have to pay an addition cost whether its in time or parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #21
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post

See thats a very safe approach, but there is nothing wrong with some tuning. Except understand what boost does to combustion. Understand engine load and knock situations. How you can mitigate and avoid potential issues. ITs not rocket science. But i am surprised to see basics missed.. all the time. You own a turbo car DO NOT LUG THE ENGINE. thats a basic... you would think if you are enthusiastic about cars you would have heard that somewhere..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #22
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
I some what disagree...everyone started at 0. difference is if your willing to learn and trouble shoot if problems occur.

If you just want a car that just runs and not have to worry about it, then yes i would keep it stock.

People who tune, should know there comes with risk of things breaking and they would have to pay an addition cost whether its in time or parts.
tune smart, dont tune dumb .. learn what you are doing to your car. We live in the world of information its everywhere.. just lazy people want to be fed all answers.
Appreciate 0