E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > ipod integration for non I-drive 07 335

09-04-2007, 01:56 AM   #1
theshank
Rep
Drives: 335 E90 with sport

ipod integration for non I-drive 07 335

is it worth it? i spoke to a dealer and i feel i can't trust them. i missed the 6fl by like 3 months, so it has to be before that. the dealer says it will cost about $750 and that it's basically just a wire in the glove box. why is it in the glove box when there is room in the arm rest, where the auxilary is? plus, i'm seeing people with pictures of their's in their armrest. the guy at the dealership said that there is no way someone took their vehicle in to BMW and had them install it in their armrest. he said that had to have been a special case and is very rare. this doesn't sound right.

also, i don't have navigation. are there any posts (i've searched and searched but have not come up with anything) that show what this looks like on the stereo? are there any people out there that have it all working? if so, what do you think? how much did it cost? where did you get it done?

it's weird, definitely find more information on this forum than i do at the dealerships. it's like talking to grandpa about technology over there? i thought these people are supposed to be technicians and know what they are talking about?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
theshank
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
kplonk
Rep
Drives: E92

Hi,

I get my 335 tomorrow , i would also like to see this. I have a E46 330 right now with a Denson ICE link, this will not work as it used the I-BUS system..i think this is correct?

Any one?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshank View Post
is it worth it?
yup
Quote:
i spoke to a dealer and i feel i can't trust them. i missed the 6fl by like 3 months, so it has to be before that. the dealer says it will cost about $750 and that it's basically just a wire in the glove box.
that's insane. I got mine for $550 installed.

Quote:
why is it in the glove box when there is room in the arm rest, where the auxilary is?
'cuz that's the easiest place to put it; the box mounts inside the dash. You can route the cable however you like, but I'm not sure there's enough to reach the armrest... but remember, the glove box locks, and the armrest doesn't.

Quote:
plus, i'm seeing people with pictures of their's in their armrest. the guy at the dealership said that there is no way someone took their vehicle in to BMW and had them install it in their armrest. he said that had to have been a special case and is very rare. this doesn't sound right.
your dealer's retarded. The ipod goes in the armrest if you have 6FL, which is probably the pictures you've been seeing.

Quote:
also, i don't have navigation. are there any posts (i've searched and searched but have not come up with anything) that show what this looks like on the stereo? are there any people out there that have it all working? if so, what do you think? how much did it cost? where did you get it done?
there are photos, and *tons* of posts about this. it looks kind of like an mp3 CD.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
theshank
Rep

thanks for the info. now i guess i have to persuade the retarded dealers somehow. this was at stevens creek BMW in San Jose. anyone deal with these guys?

$550 is a little better in terms of price, but it's still pretty steep. i appreciate the answers though. and if anyone knows a link of pictures and more information on this, i would appreciate a link or two i'll continue to look through here and see if i can find anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
drkeng
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 'vert Tanz Blue

Check back tomorrow; I'm supposedly getting a USB iPod interface in the glovebox.
      09-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
steverodu2
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i Coupe -- Rott!!

There's a BMW manual on PDF format for this install posted somewhere on this website; I know because I have it on my laptop. It shows the wire going to the glovebox. Find it and take it with you to the BMW dealership. Also, here in Germany they're charging 350 EURO (about $450) for the install.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
orangelax44
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW 330i

I just installed a ipod/usb interface in my 330i called the Dension Gateway 500 since I have an older e90 w/o the 6FL option

You can read about it in my post here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84125