E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > SE suspension to OEM Msport part numbers

04-12-2022, 12:32 AM   #1
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI saloon

SE suspension to OEM Msport part numbers

Hi guys. I think the previous owner of my car put Eibach lowering springs on SE shocks and it doesn't feel that good.

I suspect the shocks are gone now. I want to change the entire suspension to Msport including the top mounts so need help with part numbers.

Where do I get them cos my local bmw parts dealer looks confused when you mention an item but don't give em part numbers
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 12:54 AM   #2
Luper52
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Following this

Instagram - YouTube
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 02:18 AM   #3
jacbo
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d LCI

realoem is your friend on this one.

Type in your vin or select your vehicle. Then for example, in the front axle category, when you click on the strut picture, it will provide you with part numbers for the different types of suspension that were offered. Under "for vehicles with M sport suspension" you will find all the m sport parts.

Top mount can be found in the guide support/spring pad/attaching parts section.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 03:47 AM   #4
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

I was going to go M-Sport route with my SE. Then I got the price for the springs from BMW and decided to go with Eibach springs. Saved a whole lot of money for pretty much the same set up. I used bilstein B4 shocks, the M-Sport version.
ECP sell M-Sport springs and dampers they do the top mounts too. Avoid buying from BMW if you can get the Sachs parts from elsewhere. Their costs are rediculous. Oh and remember to get the M-Sport version of the bumpstops for the rear shocks, the SE version will be too long.

If you do decide to go with ECP buy from their sister website carparts4less always cheaper for the same parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 04:03 AM   #5
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
I was going to go M-Sport route with my SE. Then I got the price for the springs from BMW and decided to go with Eibach springs. Saved a whole lot of money for pretty much the same set up. I used bilstein B4 shocks, the M-Sport version.
ECP sell M-Sport springs and dampers they do the top mounts too. Avoid buying from BMW if you can get the Sachs parts from elsewhere. Their costs are rediculous. Oh and remember to get the M-Sport version of the bumpstops for the rear shocks, the SE version will be too long.

If you do decide to go with ECP buy from their sister website carparts4less always cheaper for the same parts.
I've got brand new from Msport bumpstops from Autodoc which I intended to fit on my old E90 before I went the route you're currently on. Eibach but with bilstein B4S - sport version. The mud guard scraped the floor a bit.

Now I want to keep the suspension on this one OEM for daily town driving and the occasional motorway runs. I don't find the Standard Msport height that high to be honest.

Taking her to BMW after the Easter bank holidays for a quick check to ensure she's mechanically sound but the rear is ridiculously low AND she's on 18" RF tyres

Thanks for the info mate. Will check out carparts4less asap.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 04:05 AM   #6
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbo View Post
realoem is your friend on this one.

Type in your vin or select your vehicle. Then for example, in the front axle category, when you click on the strut picture, it will provide you with part numbers for the different types of suspension that were offered. Under "for vehicles with M sport suspension" you will find all the m sport parts.

Top mount can be found in the guide support/spring pad/attaching parts section.
Thank for this
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 08:11 AM   #7
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dephrank View Post
I've got brand new from Msport bumpstops from Autodoc which I intended to fit on my old E90 before I went the route you're currently on. Eibach but with bilstein B4S - sport version. The mud guard scraped the floor a bit.
That's too low if it's scraping mud guards, maybe they are the sportline version, the Pro springs are similar to M-Sport height. At least with sticking to M-Sport suspension the car will be easier to insure and sell on when the time comes.

Enjoy the results of the conversion when you get it all done.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 06:27 AM   #8
Rush 335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

If you don’t mind used, you are welcome to my old m sport springs for a few beer tokens, removed at 40k. Dampers too if you want them👍🏽
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 06:39 AM   #9
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush 335i View Post
If you don't mind used, you are welcome to my old m sport springs for a few beer tokens, removed at 40k. Dampers too if you want them👍🏽
Oh yeah? Wouldn't mind tbh. Beer sounds good. Whereabouts in london are ya? Will send you a PM now.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 10:28 AM   #10
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Shoutout to Rush 335i for sorting me out with his 335i suspension

For anyone who doesn't already know, the suspension from E92 (or is it E93?) fits the e90. Apologies if I got the model wrong. Struggle with the E90 coupe names. All I know is they're not 4 doors, some are convertible and they look angry all the time :

My car now sits higher especially the fronts and drives like it's designed to and I'm loving it
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 04:04 PM   #11
T2YLG
Rep
Drives: E90 325i N53

Guys I’ve got a bmw e90 325i 3.0 litre manual SE. And guess how much I ordered Bilstein B12 with eibach springs brand new ?! £595!! My cars on 130k and never had suspension work done so I’m hoping it makes a difference. The fitment is very high atm running 17” stock alloys. I’m excited
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 05:48 PM   #12
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Where from?
Appreciate 0