E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Disabling TPMS + Activate FTM

09-22-2021, 03:29 AM   #23
mapleleaf1773
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Working on an 07 335i e92 that I was hoping to code off tpms using protool. Modified vo, saved to modules, reset modules, verified all the coding lines are correct... car still shows a tpms issue. It says the front right wheel is missing the transmitter box?

Module in the trunk is unplugged. The idrive menu shows ftm... and ftm says active. However the light and code about tpms persists. Not sure what else to do. I did this on my 11 135i non-irdrive and it worked first try.

If anyone figures out what the missing piece is with protool please post up.
On my 328 I just had to deactivate the 3 tpms lines in the coding after removing the rdc module. My module was behind the rear passenger tire though. I didnt have to modify the vo.

Its an odd error. I'd ask bimmergeeks. They are quick to respond and assist.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 07:46 AM   #24
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf1773 View Post
On my 328 I just had to deactivate the 3 tpms lines in the coding after removing the rdc module. My module was behind the rear passenger tire though. I didnt have to modify the vo.

Its an odd error. I'd ask bimmergeeks. They are quick to respond and assist.
I've tripled checked every line of code in every module. They all say disabled. Yet, protool is still showing RDC transmitter front right failure and if I disconnect the antennae it shows an error for that too... Neither of these things should be throwing codes anymore since they are TPMS hardware and the idrive is clearly showing FTM is active. Something is missing. This is on an 07 335i e92. RDC was unplugged behind the carpet near the battery. I now they have different modules too so many there is a line of code somewhere that is being missed.

Changing the $VO to remove TPMS and add FTM and then resetting the relevant modules should've been enough alone (along with removing the RDC module).
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #25
andykrow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

I just completed this with my 2001 335i xDrive with CIC

Just a few notes:

1. RDC module on this car is located inside the right-rear (passenger side) wheel well behind the fender liner, to the rear of the tire. Remove the lower two 8mm bolts and you can easily flex the liner enough to unplug the module.
2. With CIC you will need to add $265 to the VO, in addition to removing $2VB
3. I'm using bootcamp on a mac, running Windows 10 to do this stuff. Of note, you will need to hold down the fn key while hitting delete to get $2VB out of the list. Just hitting delete does nothing.
4. For this car I reset the following modules CAS, KOMBI, BDSC, CIC. Note that if you did any previous coding to these modules this will reset that to default. The M3 link earlier has the code changes if you do not want to reset the modules.

You will initially get an error for the FTM system, as well as the DSC/ABS christmas tree. The DSC stuff will go away once you cycle the car off and on, and for FTM just reset it through iDrive. After that it will take a good 2-3 miles of driving for it to activate.

Nice to finally have no service warnings
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2023, 08:17 AM   #26
OrmondBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: X3, i8

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to the original author for putting it together in detail.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 08:09 AM   #27
Chris@BoostConcepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i, 2007 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I've tripled checked every line of code in every module. They all say disabled. Yet, protool is still showing RDC transmitter front right failure and if I disconnect the antennae it shows an error for that too... Neither of these things should be throwing codes anymore since they are TPMS hardware and the idrive is clearly showing FTM is active. Something is missing. This is on an 07 335i e92. RDC was unplugged behind the carpet near the battery. I now they have different modules too so many there is a line of code somewhere that is being missed.

Changing the $VO to remove TPMS and add FTM and then resetting the relevant modules should've been enough alone (along with removing the RDC module).
Was curious if you resolved this for your 2007 E92, I am wanting to do this mod as well but saw your poat and got nervous about it. hoping you were able to solve the issue and report your findings!

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 07:20 AM   #28
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@BoostConcepts View Post
Was curious if you resolved this for your 2007 E92, I am wanting to do this mod as well but saw your poat and got nervous about it. hoping you were able to solve the issue and report your findings!

Chris
Yes, I eventually found the right parameters to toggle off in a very old thread. i could not tell you how I did it now.
Appreciate 0