E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2022: US GP - Miami (May 8)

05-20-2022, 02:48 AM   #749
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Monty: ''That's why they (Merc) were so adamant during the negotiations to introduce (hybrid) V6 engines from 2014''.
Merc is one of the biggest manufacturers and steamrollered Fia into introducing these hybrids (which they were working on since '07 remember) on 'save the earth' grounds.
Monty knew he was against a giant manufacturer and the scene was already set in Mercs favour so he didn't want Ferrari to be seen as a detractor.
And where's the proof that Mercedes forced v6's to be the engine architecture? Hear say means nothing. Even the FIA director said all teams were developing under the same engine regulations till the change. Also like I said before ZERO proof of Mercedes developing their engine since 2007, even Monty didn't say that directly that was just an interpretation. It was kers in development in 2007.

When a team starts dominating the haters start hating.
Steeler2422.00
      05-20-2022, 09:45 AM   #750
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
And where's the proof that Mercedes forced v6's to be the engine architecture? Hear say means nothing. Even the FIA director said all teams were developing under the same engine regulations till the change. Also like I said before ZERO proof of Mercedes developing their engine since 2007, even Monty didn't say that directly that was just an interpretation. It was kers in development in 2007.

When a team starts dominating the haters start hating.
Monty's confession of the convo with Lauda is proof enough for me and the only hearsay to me is what you make out yourself.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2022, 02:08 PM   #751
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Monty's confession of the convo with Lauda is proof enough for me and the only hearsay to me is what you make out yourself.
Definition of hear say: information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

This perfectly fits what Monty said.

Also That's not even close to irrefutable proof, anyone can say anything at that point.
      05-20-2022, 02:34 PM   #752
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Definition of hear say: information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

This perfectly fits what Monty said.

Also That's not even close to irrefutable proof, anyone can say anything at that point.
You're in a haze with your theories of what is and what is not and if you believe the silvers got 7 championships on the trot with just innovation, some from diesel engines you say then I'm definitely not saying any more
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2022, 02:54 PM   #753
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You're in a haze with your theories of what is and what is not and if you believe the silvers got 7 championships on the trot with just innovation, some from diesel engines you say then I'm definitely not saying any more
Nope I'm always fact and science based, I don't believe in loose clinging nonsense. Remember if there were suspected instance of collusion between Mercedes and the FIA then there would have already been lawsuits from all the other teams (who also see this conspiratorial nonsense but actually have the means of proving it). But the fact that there hasn't been a single one is proof in of itself Mercedes won based on innovation.

Also non of the other engine manufacturers said anything about Mercedes pushing for v6's when the 4 cylinder engines were in play. Not even the manufacturers that went bankrupt due to the major changes and had to pull out said a single thing. The only people bringing this back up are the ones that hate Mercedes - in particular Lewis Hamilton. You can see the Innovation between Merc and the rest, if you would like to refute it go on list every single major innovation (never done before ground breaking technology that changed the way F1 cars were made, not just minor upgrades), and let's see which team brought the most innovations.

Just because it's tech from a diesel engine has little to do with it not being good. Pre chamber ignition and split turbos came right off of diesel engines, yet when Honda announced it I seem to remember the redbull fans going wild.

Don't forget I'm not the one saying a diffuser produces thrust and more down force causes more tire wear, and front wings induce lift.
Steeler2422.00
3798j11102.50
      05-22-2022, 01:54 AM   #754
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Nope I'm always fact and science based, I don't believe in loose clinging nonsense. Remember if there were suspected instance of collusion between Mercedes and the FIA then there would have already been lawsuits from all the other teams (who also see this conspiratorial nonsense but actually have the means of proving it). But the fact that there hasn't been a single one is proof in of itself Mercedes won based on innovation.

Also non of the other engine manufacturers said anything about Mercedes pushing for v6's when the 4 cylinder engines were in play. Not even the manufacturers that went bankrupt due to the major changes and had to pull out said a single thing. The only people bringing this back up are the ones that hate Mercedes - in particular Lewis Hamilton. You can see the Innovation between Merc and the rest, if you would like to refute it go on list every single major innovation (never done before ground breaking technology that changed the way F1 cars were made, not just minor upgrades), and let's see which team brought the most innovations.

Just because it's tech from a diesel engine has little to do with it not being good. Pre chamber ignition and split turbos came right off of diesel engines, yet when Honda announced it I seem to remember the redbull fans going wild.

Don't forget I'm not the one saying a diffuser produces thrust and more down force causes more tire wear, and front wings induce lift.
Mate. Don't overdo it by bringing in the hate thing again, you're only kicking yourself now.
Appreciate 1