E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > WTB Aftermarket N52 Exhaust (PE, AA etc.)

02-04-2022, 01:26 PM   #1
Fiasco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi E90

WTB Aftermarket N52 Exhaust (PE, AA etc.)

I am looking to get an aftermarket exhaust for my 2010 328xi E90. Looking to see what's available and i'm not super set on any particular exhaust. BMW Performance Exhaust, Active Autowerke, Eisenmann, Supersprint etc. I'm interested in them all (although I likely will not be mounting any type of Magnaflow or Borla product on my car).

I'm looking for mufflers, pipes, all of it. Let me know what you have! Must be willing to ship to Alberta, Canada.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 05:42 PM   #2
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

I’m in Calgary and shipping costs have always been way too high for it to ever make sense, so I’m curious how you make out!

Best of luck.
      03-02-2022, 05:59 PM   #3
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Would highly recommend swapping the muffler for a Vibrant UltraQuiet resonator. Been through several custom exhaust setups and I'm very happy with mine. Perfect smooth sound with minimal drone. Plus its a hell of a lot cheaper than a "real" exhaust.
Appreciate 1
e90yyc2425.00
      03-04-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Popov View Post
Would highly recommend swapping the muffler for a Vibrant UltraQuiet resonator. Been through several custom exhaust setups and I'm very happy with mine. Perfect smooth sound with minimal drone. Plus its a hell of a lot cheaper than a "real" exhaust.
Thanks for the advice! I don’t wanna threadjack this if there is such a thing on a WTB (I’d think free bumps are good ), but I’ll definitely look into that. Cannot justify the cost of a new exhaust personally, at least I haven’t seen one that really makes sense.

Can you flip me the part number or a link? I’m looking right now but want to make sure it’s the right one. Simply remove factory muffler and weld this in its place?

What’s the rest of your exhaust look like? I have catless headers but stock everything else. With my 3.91 diff I don’t want anything loud, and am not really interested in secondary cat delete unless there’s a really compelling reason I should.
      03-04-2022, 12:15 PM   #5
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Thanks for the advice! I don’t wanna threadjack this if there is such a thing on a WTB (I’d think free bumps are good ), but I’ll definitely look into that. Cannot justify the cost of a new exhaust personally, at least I haven’t seen one that really makes sense.

Can you flip me the part number or a link? I’m looking right now but want to make sure it’s the right one. Simply remove factory muffler and weld this in its place?

What’s the rest of your exhaust look like? I have catless headers but stock everything else. With my 3.91 diff I don’t want anything loud, and am not really interested in secondary cat delete unless there’s a really compelling reason I should.
P/N I used was 1141. Just chop the stock muffler and weld this in place with some tips. Whole thing came out to be under $200 installed with some eBay tips.

With the rest of the exhaust completely stock this ends up being like 80-85% of the volume of a straight muffler delete. Not sure how it would sound with headers. Might be worth looking into a universal muffler for more volume control. I've heard good things about Corsa's universal muffler and they're products are awesome at controlling drone. If I move away from this setup that's the route I'll go.

I've previously ran a muffler delete, but the sound was just messy and the 2.5-2.8k highway drone sucked. Also ran a Vibrant bottle-style res and the sound and volume were perfect, but the drone was godawful. Would hurt my ears even while accelerating around town. This is slightly more tame than both but I LOVE the sound. It should be good for the 3.91 since it doesn't "wake up" as quickly as the other two setups I ran. Felt like they'd start getting loud around 3k whereas the UQ doesn't really start getting loud until around 3.5k. I find myself shifting later with this setup because of this.

Here's a shit comparison vid that I made with my phone. Doesn't do the sound with the res justice, but should give you a decent idea of the difference in volume.

Appreciate 0