E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Diamond Black Exteriors : Absolute worst experience in the world . North Hollywood

04-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #23
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

That sucks. Honestly though my experience in life has been if you get crappy work the first time and they offer to redo it, it's not going to miraculously be perfect the second time. I would have asked for my money back (or the majority) and tried a different place.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apme123 View Post
Arthur Hakobyan, sounds like another Armo to me. Don't ever do business with an Armenian they cheat and lie non stop. They drive expensive cars and live on wellfare lol. They usually get their money in illegal ways, medical fraud, credit card fraud, other kind of fraud or drug sales. I am not saying all Armenians are bad, I have some honest Armenian friends, but they are the 1%, the rest of the 99% are crooks.
Stereotypes suck and you should keep them to yourself, dude.

You drive a S2000- is it safe to assume you're a ricer then?

No hard feelings.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #25
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

I would have probably done something really bad if I was in this situation.

They should be paying you. fucking ridiculous.
      04-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #26
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
I've done business with a lot of shops in LA and many of them are shady crooks who don't know what they're doing and end up doing a lot of trial and error crap. But then again, there are many reputable shops in LA that will go the extra mile to make sure you're a satisfied customer (some of them are vendors on bimmerpost).

If I were to use a shop I wasn't familiar with, I'd check in the regional forum and ask around. There are a lot of LA guys who have their cars wrapped, maybe asking them where they got their cars done would've been a better idea but hindsight is 20/20.

Good luck and hope you got some of your money back from diamond black exteriors for your time and grief.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBavarian View Post
That sucks. Honestly though my experience in life has been if you get crappy work the first time and they offer to redo it, it's not going to miraculously be perfect the second time. I would have asked for my money back (or the majority) and tried a different place.
This.. If they can't get it right the first time its because they don't have the skill to do it right.

I would ask for your money back or start looking at small claims court. I hope these people aren't shady enough to fuck with you. I have seen places like this get real pissy if you ask for your money back and sue. Pissy in the fact one day all your windows and tires will be blown out.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
apme123
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aram0492 View Post
Hey apme123 fuck you. I'm Armenian and unfortunately there are bad apples in our culture just like everyone else's, it's definitely not 99%. Maybe the other way around 1% but not 99. I've had great experience with most and shitty ones with two shops. Flaws are everywhere and you don't fucking generalize hate towards someone's race like that.
Its not my fault that majority of my experiences dealing with Armenian people have been negative. Let me give you some examples, producing fake pay stubs for proof of income, identity theft, insurance fraud in the form of medical fraud, insurance fraud in the form of unsafe bodywork repair, insurance fraud in creating and faking accidents, fake checks. Did you know that insurance companies are twice as likely to send out a private investigator if your last name ends in a yan. Some more here: passing vehicles without cats for smog check, mortgage fraud. I've lived in LA all my life, this is what I have seen with my own two eyes, you're telling me not to generalize, but its hard not to when ever I deal with your people there is usually something shady involved. One of my very good friends who is armenian will not take his vehicle to any armenian shops, why do you think that IS?

Last edited by apme123; 04-26-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

I have to agree in the fact that a ton of these custom shops seem to be ran by 18 year old kids that don't know what they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

It's not racist. It's called racial profiling and there's nothing wrong with that.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #31
Keepsitlegit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

You should definitely call BBB. They'll open up an investigation on those SOB's! I'd be mad AF
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #32
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

That is why you never pay up front. You tell them you will get money after the job is done to your satisfaction. If he insists other wise you go find your self some one else.

Either way

This Diamond Black Exterior owner = a punk........

If he messed up my car like that I would demand my money back and if he refused to fix it or give my money back. Then he would have some serious trouble coming his way.....and it will not be pleasant at all. I would take all that weed and shove it up his back end.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #33
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

Quote:
Its not my fault that majority of my experiences dealing with Armenian people have been negative. Let me give you some examples, producing fake pay stubs for proof of income, identity theft, insurance fraud in the form of medical fraud, insurance fraud in the form of unsafe bodywork repair, insurance fraud in creating and faking accidents, fake checks. Did you know that insurance companies are twice as likely to send out a private investigator if your last name ends in a yan. Some more here: passing vehicles without cats for smog check, mortgage fraud. I've lived in LA all my life, this is what I have seen with my own two eyes, you're telling me not to generalize, but its hard not to when ever I deal with your people there is usually something shady involved. One of my very good friends who is armenian will not take his vehicle to any armenian shops, why do you think that IS?
go live in some ghetto neighborhood and suddenly alll your ridiculous gripes about the small % of Armenian people who choose to commit victimless white collar crimes will seem very very minor compared to what youre going to get with a large concentration of other people. you're pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #34
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
Call the BBB. Can't believe he called you cheap. I'd be irate, especially if it was my M. Did u get your $ back or some of it?
The BBB can do absolutely nothing. It is a complete waste of time. The only bigger scam than the OP's problem is that the BBB is a scam!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
DZheng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

dude i would just let it go. Have you ripped of the vinyl to see if they have blade your paint when there were cutting the vinyl. You said they were high or smoking weed. You should of went to PML. But they charge a lot. You get what you paid for. Post pic of them smoking weed.PLZ
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #36
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Arthur Hakobyan, sounds like another Armo to me. Don't ever do business with an Armenian they cheat and lie non stop. They drive expensive cars and live on wellfare lol. They usually get their money in illegal ways, medical fraud, credit card fraud, other kind of fraud or drug sales. I am not saying all Armenians are bad, I have some honest Armenian friends, but they are the 1%, the rest of the 99% are crooks.
Easily the most racist thing I have read in 2013! Congrats. You made my douche bag Hall of Fame!

The root of racism is attributing the cause of a perceived trait to a something irrelevant, namely ones ethnicity. It does not matter if you know a thousand people of a particular ethnicity that ALL act in an undesirable way. It is not their ethnicity that causes anything. It is the choices these people make and the environment they are in. Both of these factors are fair game to talk about, but not ethnicity.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #37
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

did he say to you "hey brooo... partied cray cray last night bro. i drinking way too much and had difficult time waking up today bro. you understand, no? i vill be at the shop later if you wanna wait. if not, fuck it bro, i'll talk to you later man." *click*

for the record, i grew up in Glendale. possibly the highest concentration of the armenian community outside of armenia itself. i had plenty of armenian friends growing up, but also had plenty of armenian enemies too. this isnt really about a "race" issue. This "arthur hakobyan" could've easily been a "danny kim" in koreatown and all the same bullshit stereotypes will still apply. or couldve been a "lincoln zhang" from san gabriel valley. or a "demetri jackson" from inglewood. or "jim-bob whiley" from fontana. or "juan cruz" from east la.

every race/color/area has stereotypes. sadly, all those stereotypes originated from real true experiences and people. but to BELIEVE in stereotypes and throw it around is just immature. a crooked shop is a crooked shop. doesnt matter what the race or income is.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #38
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabs4days View Post
dude i would just let it go. Have you ripped of the vinyl to see if they have blade your paint when there were cutting the vinyl. You said they were high or smoking weed. You should of went to PML. But they charge a lot. You get what you paid for. Post pic of them smoking weed.PLZ
Out of interest, is "medicinal" marijuana legal in whereever the OP lived?

Just out of asshattery I'd try and get the kids in legal trouble. And the manager as well...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #39
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Post the pics and whole story as most have said. If you want this to be known and get good hits in google I would think this would be your best bet. Sorry to hear about the experience OP.

As for the Racist shit you should GTFO with that cause its a load of crap no matter what experience you had with whoever you had it with.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #40
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

This is why you get yourself a good credit card like Amex and use it on major purchases. Problem with the product/service and the seller is a major douchebag who won't help you? Do a charge back and get a refund.
      05-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #41
Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
go live in some ghetto neighborhood and suddenly alll your ridiculous gripes about the small % of Armenian people who choose to commit victimless white collar crimes will seem very very minor compared to what youre going to get with a large concentration of other people. you're pathetic.
It seems to me that you sir are doing exactly what you accused him of doing, generalizing...

On another note, do you really believe that fraud is a "victimless" white collar crime?