E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e90 not recognizing key fob, faulty ignition assembly?

09-20-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
conolulu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i

e90 not recognizing key fob, faulty ignition assembly?

So my car won't even recognize my key fob and doesn't allow me to even access the monitor on my iDrive let alone start my car. Is that possibly a faulty ignition assembly? I thought it was a dead battery but I replaced it with a new battery and I'm still having the same problem.

I've been working on my car these past few days and took out my entire center console to repaint it but I don't see how that could possibly affect my key fob not being noticed by my car.

I also took out the middle trim where the start/stop button is to wrap in vinyl, is it possible that a wire got pulled too hard around that area that its causing my car to not even tell that a key fob is in the ignition?

I forgot to also mention that I replaced my key fob housing but I assumed everything worked since my car was still able to unlock and lock with the key fob but now I'm thinking that messing with it probably messed up the communication it had with the ignition assembly...

I feel like the problem is either my key fob or the ignition assembly.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Last edited by conolulu; 09-20-2018 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

are you the guy who started another thread about removing the key FOB by force then the issue started ?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
conolulu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
are you the guy who started another thread about removing the key FOB by force then the issue started ?
No thats not me lol.. but I did open up my key fob and replaced the housing a couple days ago before this problem happened, so now I'm starting to think I might of messed up the electronics in my key fob. The door still unlocks and locks and everything but now my car doesn't recognize my key fob at all...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by conolulu View Post
No thats not me lol.. but I did open up my key fob and replaced the housing a couple days ago before this problem happened, so now I'm starting to think I might of messed up the electronics in my key fob. The door still unlocks and locks and everything but now my car doesn't recognize my key fob at all...
hmm ok sorry someone else might be able to chime in not my area of knowledge
Appreciate 0