E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Coilover / Shocks & Springs: Updated reviews?

03-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
mrtigerb
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330 XI

Coilover / Shocks & Springs: Updated reviews?

Been spending way too much time reading about different coilovers/ shock&spring combos. Im looking for comfort/ utility, stance/height, and performance, in that order. I'm not looking to "slam" it nor will i ever track it, and i figure any upgrade will be night and day handling compared to stock.

Finalists:
- KW V1
- Bilstein sport/ Eibach Pro
- Koni Yellow / Eibach Pro

Does anyone who runs any of these configurations, have any opinions they'd like to share? If you have another setup like FSDs or HDs, id like to hear about your experience as well.

Im hoping this will help make my final decision, and i will post pics once i do.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Assuming you have read this http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616761

That's the most comprehensive. I have decided on Eibach and Bilstein Sport. Waiting for my front struts to arrive and I will have a review to contribute.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
mrtigerb
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Assuming you have read this http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616761

That's the most comprehensive. I have decided on Eibach and Bilstein Sport. Waiting for my front struts to arrive and I will have a review to contribute.
Thanks. Sure did, a few times actually. The link helped narrow it down to the 3 i posted above.. Initially was super high on the K1s, but right now im leaning toward eibachs with either the Bilstein sports or Koni Yellows..

From what i've read, bilstein is prob the most durable yet stiff... but i keep hearing good things about konis.. The main reason i posted this thread was to get some insight to how the springs have settled over a longer period of time (as opposed to a few weeks/months after install).
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
mister wiggles
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtigerb View Post
Thanks. Sure did, a few times actually. The link helped narrow it down to the 3 i posted above.. Initially was super high on the K1s, but right now im leaning toward eibachs with either the Bilstein sports or Koni Yellows..

From what i've read, bilstein is prob the most durable yet stiff... but i keep hearing good things about konis.. The main reason i posted this thread was to get some insight to how the springs have settled over a longer period of time (as opposed to a few weeks/months after install).
if you go with spring/strut setup, please advise where you were able to find the best pricing.
Appreciate 0