E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What should i do with my wheels?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
JPVA
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JPVA Send a message via Yahoo to JPVA
Exclamation What should i do with my wheels?

I just ordered a new 2010 335i with the M sport package. It comes with the 193M wheels. I didn't realize 225M wheels were an option at the time... BMW has been changing their site a lot lately. As of now, it doesn't even show a price difference between the two wheel options. I really want the 225M wheels. Should i just cancel my order and redo it? Dealer does not like that request! lol. They said i could order them seperatly, but it's $5,000!!! It's only $1,000 if you get the upgraded wheels when you order the car. Maybe someone here is about to order a 335i with the M sport package... you could order it with the 225M wheels and i'll trade you my 193M and give you an extra $1,000 to make up the difference. I'm really upset over it. What would you guys recomend I do?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
821
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Tell the dealer to reorder or you will walk. There is more than one dealer in Norfolk, not to mention Richmond is only 100 miles away and a very accomodating dealer. Don't let them push you around, get the wheels you want. You are the customer. It's your money.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
BMWBully
Private First Class
Norway
2
Rep
136
Posts

Drives: F31 - 2013 - EBII - LOADED!!!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Planet Follo!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc'Z View Post
Tell the dealer to reorder or you will walk. There is more than one dealer in Norfolk, not to mention Richmond is only 100 miles away and a very accomodating dealer. Don't let them push you around, get the wheels you want. You are the customer. It's your money.
Could you just do that? If you signed the contract with the 18's?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
821
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

I would go for it. Dealer should have made all options known, but didn't. The sales folks at Checker BMW are pretty arrogant, act like they are doing you a favor to even talk to you near less sell you a car. The folks next door at the MINI dealership are pretty cool though. I live in Norfolk and have bought my last two BMW's in Richmond.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
Bimmerdriver17
Major
Bimmerdriver17's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,342
Posts

Drives: F10 535i xDrive
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc'Z View Post
Tell the dealer to reorder or you will walk. There is more than one dealer in Norfolk, not to mention Richmond is only 100 miles away and a very accomodating dealer. Don't let them push you around, get the wheels you want. You are the customer. It's your money.

+1.
__________________
2016 F10 535 xDrive Msport Alpine White -Current
2014 F10 535 xDrive SOLD
2009 E90 335i SOLD
2007 E92 6MT SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
txusa03
Major General
265
Rep
6,564
Posts

Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (3)

I don't see this as being a big deal for the dealer to make a change to different wheel. This is not like adding or removing Nav/Idrive, it is just rims. Ask them what is so hard about changing wheel and paying the additional $1000 for them, it is not like they gonna have to shut down the assembly line just to switch wheels.
__________________
under construction!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
rambalu80
Major
rambalu80's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
1,198
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 340i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Katy TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Do you have a production number yet? As far as I know change requests can be made until at least a week before production start date. They don't have to cancel the order and start from scratch, they just have to put in the change order. I changed the trim on my car 4 days after they put in my order but one week before the scheduled production date.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
Lobaeux
Captain
Lobaeux's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Little Rock, AR

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
2001 Subaru Impreza RS  [0.00]
It can be changed. I ordered my 09 E92 with gray poplar trim, but when I saw the build sheet it had aluminum trim. I went back and told them to change it, they were able to do so. It was a mistake on their part, but just shows they can change things if need be.
__________________
2007 Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
United_States
222
Rep
4,384
Posts

Drives: 08 335i,16 X5 35i,12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (15)

Just have the dealer change it - you can change anything on the order up to 1 or 2 weeks before it actually get's built, when is your build date?
__________________
2008 E93 335i, MHD, HPF IC, Injen Intake, AR DPs, Xhp TCU Flash
2016 X5 M-sport 35i JB Stage 1
2014 Mercedes C63 507 Edition
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #10
JPVA
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JPVA Send a message via Yahoo to JPVA
It's already started production.. it's already being built... no changes can be made to the order at this point.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
JPVA
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JPVA Send a message via Yahoo to JPVA
Production started Aug 26th.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
M3PGH
Captain
United_States
186
Rep
795
Posts

Drives: Too Many
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh,PA

iTrader: (1)

Unfortunately your out of luck due to it already in production.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #13
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
United_States
222
Rep
4,384
Posts

Drives: 08 335i,16 X5 35i,12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (15)

Your probably best to just sell the 193's, with tires, they should be worth in the $1500 range for the set and buy a set of 225's - circle BMW has the set of wheels for about $2200, tires are another $1600 from them, so your looking at 3800 less 1500, so $2300 to upgrade. You can probably get the tires cheaper at tire rack or somewhere. You might just want ot watch for people selling them on places like E90post as someone is bound to get them on a car and change them out for aftermarket.
__________________
2008 E93 335i, MHD, HPF IC, Injen Intake, AR DPs, Xhp TCU Flash
2016 X5 M-sport 35i JB Stage 1
2014 Mercedes C63 507 Edition
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
34
Rep
821
Posts

Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Your probably best to just sell the 193's, with tires, they should be worth in the $1500 range for the set and buy a set of 225's - circle BMW has the set of wheels for about $2200, tires are another $1600 from them, so your looking at 3800 less 1500, so $2300 to upgrade. You can probably get the tires cheaper at tire rack or somewhere. You might just want ot watch for people selling them on places like E90post as someone is bound to get them on a car and change them out for aftermarket.
No need to do this since the car is recently ordered. You can still change the order how ever you want it, includes options, color, etc.. Tell your SA that you want the car to come with 225M instead of 193M, no need to cancel the order, and re-do it again.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #15
jopa489
Major General
United_States
110
Rep
6,578
Posts

Drives: AW F30 340xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
No need to do this since the car is recently ordered. You can still change the order how ever you want it, includes options, color, etc.. Tell your SA that you want the car to come with 225M instead of 193M, no need to cancel the order, and re-do it again.
It's too late now. By everything I've heard, you can't change things once production has actually started. Since production started on his car a week ago, I doubt the dealer can do anything at this point.

But don't waste time asking us. Call your CA ASAP and find out.
__________________
F30 340xi // Alpine
F25 X3 // Melbourne Red
i01 i3 REX // Capparis White
Past: F30 335i, E90 328xi
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
JPVA
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JPVA Send a message via Yahoo to JPVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
It's too late now. By everything I've heard, you can't change things once production has actually started. Since production started on his car a week ago, I doubt the dealer can do anything at this point.

But don't waste time asking us. Call your CA ASAP and find out.
Yeah, i called the dealer, and BMW customer relations... nothing can be changed at this point. I guess all i can do is threaten not to take delivery of the car unless the dealer can get me the wheels i want. Or walk away from it and go order it somewhere else... and hope i can get my deposit back.

Why couldn't the dealer just order another 335 for their lot and order it with the wheels, then swap them out with me? They are not putting the customer first.

for Checkered Flag BMW in Virginia Beach, VA

I'm sure there is something they could do... if they actually cared.... Greedy
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #17
jopa489
Major General
United_States
110
Rep
6,578
Posts

Drives: AW F30 340xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (9)

They wouldn't switch wheels with another new car, as the stickers would be wrong for both cars. I guess you can walk, but don't expect to get the deposit back that way. If it's less than the cost of new wheels and you don't mind restarting this whole process, go for it.
__________________
F30 340xi // Alpine
F25 X3 // Melbourne Red
i01 i3 REX // Capparis White
Past: F30 335i, E90 328xi
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
stressdoc
Moderator
stressdoc's Avatar
Dominica
412
Rep
10,550
Posts

Drives: F80 YMB
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: VBeach VA

iTrader: (0)

They do not want to be stuck with a car that you special ordered. If it is silver/black/walnut Step Premium, they would be OK. Anything else and they freak that it wil be hard to sell. All that they can do at this point is to swap wheels for you at the dealership. I.e., they take your 193s and put on the 225s that they obtained via accessories. My dealer gave me 1500 for my wheels (162s) and got 193Ms for 1200. I put non-rfts on the 193s, so the swap cost me under $1k.

If I were you I would go aftermarket anyway, get some Volks or BBS FI forged wheeels.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #19
ss134
Brigadier General
ss134's Avatar
United Kingdom
168
Rep
3,901
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPVA View Post
I just ordered a new 2010 335i with the M sport package. It comes with the 193M wheels. I didn't realize 225M wheels were an option at the time... BMW has been changing their site a lot lately. As of now, it doesn't even show a price difference between the two wheel options. I really want the 225M wheels. Should i just cancel my order and redo it? Dealer does not like that request! lol. They said i could order them seperatly, but it's $5,000!!! It's only $1,000 if you get the upgraded wheels when you order the car. Maybe someone here is about to order a 335i with the M sport package... you could order it with the 225M wheels and i'll trade you my 193M and give you an extra $1,000 to make up the difference. I'm really upset over it. What would you guys recomend I do?
There have been LOTS of problems in the UK with these rims cracking under normal driving-BMW have refused to acknowledge the problem.....some UK members have taken legal action. Not ordering these wheels may be a blessing in disguise! I would order the OEM Performance 269 wheels and sell the 193Ms
Check out the UK forums.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...m+cracked+rims

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...cracked+wheels

heres a pic of the 269s for you:
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ss134; 09-02-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
193m, 225m, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST