E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Removing errors via coding

10-29-2023, 01:46 AM   #23
KhaosKid
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘11 323i when it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by loknar View Post
I realized I'm in Expert Mode on my NCSEXPERT
I thought this was the only mode for coding
But of course when using ncsdummy you have to use the NCS dummy profile in NCSExpert.
Not sure why

It's confusing to me because the word dummy may suggest nothing will be coded and it's just a simulation

Will advise again if my codes didn't suppress the errors
Setting not active every parking and standing light code
Glad you figured it out. I just wanted to add that I read somewhere on this forum that if you have an FRM module that when you read it in NCSExpert, it shows a file name like FRMx_E89.C32, to pay CLOSE ATTENTION to what comes after the .

FRM's whose coding file ends with .C32 specifically (not .C33) experience a glitch where if you modify any of the coding (with a coding profile that has manipulation ticked in the profile settings of course), you MUST SG_Codieren THREE TIMES for the coding to stick. If you just write the modified coding once, It will NOT be written and you will be very confused on why the coding will not stick.

It sounds like witchcraft but is confirmed by many forum members to be true. I experienced this issue before, but to try and solve it I updated my FRM3 to the latest ZB Number with WINKFP and the most recent DATENs I could find online for free. This changed the coding file NCSExpert uses when reading the NFRM module to the one ending in .C33, so it fixed the problem for me since I was no longer using the glitched .C32 file.
Appreciate 0