E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E91 Leonia

01-24-2023, 02:21 PM   #199
Alekss
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive

Crazy amount of work...good stuff
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 06:25 PM   #200
bshambam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e91

Transfer Case work

I haven't posted in some time. I lost a bit of love for the car over the winter as the ATC motor died... and then so did the battery.

I went ahead and picked up a new battery as a part of the Optima warranty as well as a new ATC motor. I also took the time to replace the Transfer case mount.

One modification made was to create a polyurethane insert for the transfer case mount. I think it's the only one that I've seen actually installed on the chassis. (let me know if I'm wrong) Another Porsche user created a bushing and is selling them but I decided to make my own.

I'm hoping it will sharpen shifting and reduce drivetrain movement.

Pushing in the bushing didn't work so well the first time but it worked out the 2nd after some beefier wooden blocks

Pictures of the insert & ATC motor

IG: Shambam_makes
Twitter: B_Shambam
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 12:22 PM   #201
bshambam
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The majority of the posts in this thread have all been smaller items, a replacement here, an upgrade there. It seems like there is no overall strategy to getting the car up to the quality that is... potentiallly on par with new? maybe better? oem+ they say.

That being said.... Here is a Major change in that status haha.

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:57 PM   #202
Runnin'Rich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009MY E91 328Xi 6MT

Thanks for experimenting with a more solid transfer case bushing, my car too has that bouncy feeling when using 1st gear.
Did you drive it yet? How did it feel?
I remember reading someone killed a TC with a urethane bushing previously.

Maybe it’s worth starting a new post on your rough running issue. I would have told you not to bother with the throttle body becuase it’s always fully open, unless your valvetronic malfunctions.

Do you have any oil inside your Essentric shaft sensor connection? Change the valvetronic solenoids or fuel injectors?

Look forward to how the refreshed read end feels
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 01:00 PM   #203
bshambam
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin'Rich View Post
Thanks for experimenting with a more solid transfer case bushing, my car too has that bouncy feeling when using 1st gear.
Did you drive it yet? How did it feel?
I remember reading someone killed a TC with a urethane bushing previously.

Maybe it’s worth starting a new post on your rough running issue. I would have told you not to bother with the throttle body becuase it’s always fully open, unless your valvetronic malfunctions.

Do you have any oil inside your Essentric shaft sensor connection? Change the valvetronic solenoids or fuel injectors?

Look forward to how the refreshed read end feels
I haven't driven her yet. I'm still working on other things atm but she'll be back on the road in the next two weeks. No codes referring to Valvetronic/Vanos, ESS sensor was replaced, as were the solenoids. fuel injectors pending.

It may have to do with a battery issue. TBD.

Appreciate 0