E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e92 335d pressure in cooling system

11-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
bel1simQ
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335D

e92 335d pressure in cooling system

Hi, I bought 335d with over pressure in the cooling system. The previous owner checked the cylinder head, machined it and changed new head gasket. Changed new egr cooler and egr thermostat, but still pressure in the cooling system. I tested the cooling system with the exhaust gas leak tester but there are no evidence of gas leak in the coolant, although there is too much pressure coming from the expansion tank (measured on the cap) that is not exhaust gases. What to do next any ideas, or should I remove the cylinder head and check it again with the cylinder block?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 02:11 AM   #2
bel1simQ
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335D

Hi Problem Solved. I've check the coolant with gas analyzer and there were some HC (hydrocarbons) (It may be because there was grease on the headgasket from the guys who replaced before me) . Removed the cylinder head, pressure checked and no signs of cracks with the cooling area. The head gasket was new, no signs of damage. Changed new head gasket with the same bolts and torque 50Nm -> 120 degrees -> 120 degrees beside that the head gasket manual was saying 50Nm -> 120 degrees -> 120. Problem Solved. Note The block was also machined but there were any signs of warps or cracks ether way.
Appreciate 0