E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Next BEST THING For Your E9x BMW! Exciting Times!

03-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #89
DustyLBottoms
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009/335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Yeah....
Only some year cars have that access to the tabs. My car has like a glass there that blocks you from access the inside of the dome lighting to get thru to the otherside where the clips are.

Strange...because some cars seem to have the glass there and some don't have any glass there.

See pictures below.
That's so odd.
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit/M3 upper & lower control arms/VRSF downpipes/Big Tom FMIC/Cobb AccessPort/BMS DCI/Oil catch can/M3 replica lip spoiler/Mtech rear w/ color matched diffuser/Turner Motorsports wheel studs/Front strut bar/15mm wheel spacers/BMW Performance Knob/335is Clutch
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #90
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyLBottoms View Post
That's so odd.
Yeah I was ready to install using that video and voila I get to the light pockets and there is a solid piece of glass covering access to the bulbs. I even tried removing the frosted white plastic cover but that seems to be anchored in place by the black pocket rings that surround the glass. None of that seem to be removable as individual pieces but seems to be one solid unit.

It is crazy because If I ever need to change the bulbs I guess I would have a difficult time accessing the bulbs there now. The bulbs also seem like they would ONLY come out the other side unlike the videos I've seen of people putting in LED bulbs by plucking out the bulbs from the pockets and pushing in new bulbs.

So yeah the only other way to access the other side of that dome panel is to drop the headliner down...

I wonder if this is maybe a changed thing in the 2011 production year E90 cars!?
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #91
dannyjones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport

Just ordered this. Saw this thread after talking about dash cams with friends the day before. And always wanted something discreet. Just seemed like fate Thanks OP
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #92
Sexy Jesus
Australia
Rep
Drives: E91

From my experience and having worked in insurance motor claims, I won't settle for anything less then high def, audio AND sat location/speed. The more data it can give you the better.
My current unit is pretty small and I honestly can't see it from looking in or from the hot seat.
      03-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #93
Thorin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e91 6MT ZSP

Anything is better than nothing. I ran a Contour+ on my helmet when I got hit on my BMW Xmoto; when it came time to talk to the adjuster, the video made the claim a one-step process.

This unit looks awesome. Probably one of the first mods I do.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #94
Trespassers W
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I found a multi page discussion on Russian dash cam forum, this seems to be the same (or very similar) unit with Sony matrix and Novatek processor: JooY A1. They also give a link to the English version of manual: JooY A1 Manual.

Most people say the video quality is pretty good. The most commonly mentioned glitch is that the camera is loosing settings after restart (motion and G-sensor), but that seems to be firmware dependent. There are links to multiple firmware versions in the same thread.

DustyLBottoms and delmarco - really looking forward to your impressions after first few days! I am almost ready to order one as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #95
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Installed.

Yeah this is legit! It's the real deal!

Very happy with it! Sorry for the crappy DIY video. I will do a proper reshoot DIY and Review Video once the weather warms up! We have been plagued with shitty extreme cold and snowy weather during the last month in New York!

Last edited by delmarco; 03-27-2017 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 2
6ixSpd5996.50
      03-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #96
trjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92, F10, F15

Great review delmarco.
The confusing part is, in the product description it says it can record with motion detection but in Q&A part they mention its wont work when the car is parked (off). If there is a constant source of power, I think the camera should work with motion detection when on car battery power.
I know its too much of asking, but if possible could you test with constant ON source when the car is off delmarco? Possibly in a controlled environment where you have access to jump the car or have a battery charger handy. Please dont kill your battery. I would not want to be blamed for leaving you stranded in parking lot.
Only reason I wont be getting this camera is the lack of parking mode(if it really doesnt work). I think I will go with the mobius cam which has that feature (there is a DIY in the forums). But I like the harness idea and wifi so I wont have to go to the fusebox and deal with extra USB cable. If I can find an always ON wire on the dome light and get hold of the harness (or the plug type for the said always ON connector), I will connect it to power magic pro (to stop draining the battery) and leaving that feature on. I am more concerned of people hitting the car when parked, happened to me twice already.

PS: back up cam DIY is also there in the forums. I already got the parts, just waiting for a good time to finish the install. Installed the camera but havent connected it to CIC and get coded yet.

Last edited by trjn; 03-27-2017 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #97
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Okay here is the deal. It took me and my Chinese co-worker and Google Translator APP a few minutes to figure out the parking mode.

The CYHY App itself has good detailed instructions but it is all in Chinese. So you will have to translate it like we did (I am working on typing up a translated instruction manual to help people buying this kit).

So this is what we got:

The CYHY camera is capable of the PARKING MODE - meaning the camera can come on while the car is parked and off and motion is detected.

The kicker is this mode ONLY works when you wire the camera's power to the fuse panel or wire the camera's power to an always-on-source in the car.

It will not work via the plug and play harness.

We are still unsure but it appears that you can possible modify the camera via the app to be ON all the time or turn on via the app on your phone or tablet once it is in wifi range with the camera. That part of the Chinese gets complicated to translate but it seems they are saying the camera can be turned on to record from outside the car thru wifi.

Now as for the PLUG and PLAY harness when the car is turned off the camera stays on and keeps recording for a minute or two unless you manually power it off by pressing the power button on the side of the camera. In my video towards the end you see the camera still recording to my iPad after the car is turned off.

In regards to this I do not think this is a function of the camera but rather the E90 power off fade out feature like where the P light on your Steptronic Shifter plate stays on after you lock up and walk away from the car.

So I think with the harness the camera still tried to keep recording until the final power in the car is killed.

Now this obvious suggest that you can easily have the camera record well past locking and turning off the car since things like dome lighting and the dash ambient lighting can remain on (an kill the battery) long after you leave the car locked.

As for me a dash cam while driving is all I need. A security camera set up outside the car, I think, would be better for parking surveillance.

I would look into modified small drone long-life recording camera (spy) technology.
Where you can fly the small drone and hang it off a tree or roof and point the camera at the car and either stream or loop record the video of your parked car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjn View Post
Great review delmarco.
The confusing part is, in the product description it says it can record with motion detection but in Q&A part they mention its wont work when the car is parked (off). If there is a constant source of power, I think the camera should work with motion detection when on car battery power.
I know its too much of asking, but if possible could you test with constant ON source when the car is off delmarco? Possibly in a controlled environment where you have access to jump the car or have a battery charger handy. Please dont kill your battery. I would not want to be blamed for leaving you stranded in parking lot.
Only reason I wont be getting this camera is the lack of parking mode(if it really doesnt work). I think I will go with the mobius cam which has that feature (there is a DIY in the forums). But I like the harness idea and wifi so I wont have to go to the fusebox and deal with extra USB cable. If I can find an always ON wire on the dome light and get hold of the harness (or the plug type for the said always ON connector), I will connect it to power magic pro (to stop draining the battery) and leaving that feature on. I am more concerned of people hitting the car when parked, happened to me twice already.

PS: back up cam DIY is also there in the forums. I already got the parts, just waiting for a good time to finish the install. Installed the camera but havent connected it to CIC and get coded yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by delmarco; 03-27-2017 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #98
trjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92, F10, F15

Quote:
Okay here is the deal. It took me and my Chinese co-worker and Google Translator APP a few minutes to figure out the parking mode.

The CYHY App itself has good detailed instructions but it is all in Chinese. So you will have to translate it like we did (I am working on typing up a translated instruction manual to help people buying this kit).

So this is what we got:

The CYHY camera is capable of the PARKING MODE - meaning the camera can come on while the car is parked and off and motion is detected.

The kicker is this mode ONLY works when you wire the camera's power to the fuse panel or wire the camera's power to a always on source in the car.

It will not work via the plug and play harness.

We are still unsure but it appears that you can possible modify the camera via the app to be ON all the time or turn on via the app on your phone or tablet once it is in wifi range with the camera. That part of the Chinese gets complicated to translate but it seems they are saying the camera can be turned on to record from outside the car thru wifi.

Now as for the PLUG and PLAY harness when the car is turned off the camera stays on and keeps recording for a minute or two unless you manually power it off by pressing the power button on the side of the camera. In my video towards the end you see the camera still recording to my iPad after the car is turned off.

In regards to this I do not think this is a function of the camera but rather the E90 power off fade out feature like where the P light on your Steptronic Shifter plate stays on after you lock up and walk away from the car.

So I think with the harness the camera still tried to keep recording until the final power in the car is killed.

Now this obvious suggest that you can easily have the camera record well past locking and turning off the car since things like dome lighting and the dash ambient lighting can remain on (an kill the battery) long after you leave the car locked.

As for me a dash cam while driving is all I need. A security camera set up outside the car, I think, would be better for parking surveillance.

I would look into modified small drone long-life recording camera (spy) technology.
Where you can fly the small drone and hang it off a tree or roof and point the camera at the car and either stream or loop record the video of your parked car
Thanks for confirming that the motion detection will power ON the camera when supplied with constant power. I think I will just buy this unit, run the power from fusebox(unless I can find a constant ON lead in the headliner) and have power magic pro to shut down the power when it reaches a threshold.
Drone and security camera are good choices, but living in an apartment really minimizes my options. I have had a case when my neighbour hit my car(front fender) and flat out denied although I showed the paint transfer from my car to her pathfinder bumper. Hence the need for motion detection
Appreciate 1
delmarco492.00
      03-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #99
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjn View Post
Thanks for confirming that the motion detection will power ON the camera when supplied with constant power. I think I will just buy this unit, run the power from fusebox(unless I can find a constant ON lead in the headliner) and have power magic pro to shut down the power when it reaches a threshold.
Drone and security camera are good choices, but living in an apartment really minimizes my options. I have had a case when my neighbour hit my car(front fender) and flat out denied although I showed the paint transfer from my car to her pathfinder bumper. Hence the need for motion detection
Yeah I think if you find a constant power in the headliner then you can enable the camera to stay on all the time and still use the plug and play harness.

Also if your car is close to your unit then you can stream the footage via WiFi to you Tablet or Mobile Phone

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #100
Trespassers W
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Installed.

Yeah this is legit! It's the real deal!

Very happy with it!
delmarco, thank you for the review! I think it looks great, I am ordering one as well. Great find!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #101
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Okay you've convinced me to buy this for the M3 It's rarely parked unattended anyways so this is perfect for protecting myself when driving.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #102
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

With Google Translate I've started translating some of the booklet. So far I still can't understand how to retrieve and save video clips via the WiFi on to my tablet.

Technical Specifications

KIT – Car Safety Special Auxiliary Driver
ORIGIN – China
SHOOTING ANGLE - 170 degrees Single Lens
RESOLUTION - 1080P
MEMORY CARD CAPACITY - 8GB, 16GB or 32GB loop
POWER 180mA recording/5mA standby

Camera Interface

NOTHING PRESSED - The camera will turn itself on and start recording when the car's engine has started. If the car is on and parked the camera can be turned on to record or remain in stand by. In stand by the camera is on but not recording HOWEVER it can be programmed to use a G sensor to start recording once a shock to the car is detected, or motion in front of the car is detected.

POWER BUTTON aka BOOT KEY – short press to turn on camera from off, long press to turn off camera from on.

FUNCTION BUTTON aka FUNCTIONAL KEY –
-IN WIFI MODE DURING NORMAL DRIVING – short press to activate emergency video mode, long press to stop video and enter TV MODE
-IN TV MODE- short press to turn on/off recording, long press to switch to WIFI MODE
RESET HOLE – push a pin inside the hole to push in button resets the camera
MICROPHONE HOLE – for recording sound.
STORAGE CARD SLOT – insert 8/16/32 GB SD card here

LED FUNCTION LIGHT aka WORK INDICATOR
GREEN LIGHT SOLID – WI-FI MODE stand by
GREEN LIGHT BLINKING – WI-FI MODE active (host) video
BLUE LIGHT SOLID – TV MODE standby
BLUE LIGHT BLINKING – TV MODE active (host) video
BLUE/GREEN BLINKING – NO SD card/SD card ERROR

Camera Tips
- When the camera is turned on and recording DO NOT remove SD card
- Recommend Class 6 and above SD card/Recommend 8GB minimum SD card
- Start car and drive after the camera starts recording

CYHY APP
This app is listed as CYHY on both iOS APP Store and GOOGLE PLAY/Samsung Android Stores.
1. Find APP and Install on your mobile device. Mobile device MUST HAVE Wi-Fi to connect to the camera.
2. To connect turn on the Wi-Fi on phone/tablet and look for CYHY.
The default name – CYHY
The default password - 12345678
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #103
Drewfus2101
Rep
Drives: Car

Am I the only one who can't find the app in the Android or Samsung Galaxy stores?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #104
=C=
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M-Sport E90

I personally use the blackvue DR650 2ch dashcam. Connected directly to the battery and a power majic pro that cuts off the cam if voltage drops to 12v.

You can also buy an additional accessory battery pack to connect it to without touching your car battery. When the car is on the accessory battery is recharged.

At the moment I havent found the need for the additional battery however it will be useful if you want to record for extended periods of time.

I would recommend a 64 or 128gb memory card instead of the sefault 16 or 32.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #105
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewfus2101 View Post
Am I the only one who can't find the app in the Android or Samsung Galaxy stores?
Yeah I couldn't find it either so I am using my iPad.

I think it is on Android but it uses another name! I have to do a bit more translation on the Chinese

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #106
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Yeah this camera is the real deal!
Loving it!

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #107
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Jesus View Post
From my experience and having worked in insurance motor claims, I won't settle for anything less then high def, audio AND sat location/speed. The more data it can give you the better.
My current unit is pretty small and I honestly can't see it from looking in or from the hot seat.

Yeah this doesn't (as far as I can translate from the Chinese) offer GPS tracking and location stamps.

There is a and date/time stamp and it does have audio which I forgot to turn on my first time out.

Because the kit is plug and play from the dome light to pretty much you standard dash camera power harness you can connect any dash camera to the plug and play kit if you did want to add your own dash camera instead of this one.

The possibilities are endless. In fact I am thinking of power splicing a separate rear window dash camera to the plug and play kit. So that I will have a front and rear camera to give me all around protection!

Yeah but so far this CYHY kit is pretty sweet for what you pay!

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #108
forgemarco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Anyone know a seller who will ship to U.K.?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #109
Icarium
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi

Has anyone verified if this will fit an E92?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #110
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
Has anyone verified if this will fit an E92?
yes it does!

Appreciate 0