E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth e90 non idrive

05-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #23
qwertyb22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i, 2014 X5 35i

That I'm not sure about. My guess is if its not on the list of compatable phones and you arent getting the prompt on the phone, it might not pair. Not sure though...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
jsim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

frustrating

Ok. So I went out and got a new phone. A Motorola MOTO™ W755 which is on the list of compatible phones on BMW's website.

It still doesn't work, though. I have watched the video they have up here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ngStarted.aspx

It claims that a message is supposed to come up on the radio when you hit the "phone" menu: "Please Pair your Phone." Mine only says "Searching for paired devices" and I can't seem to get any other options. I turn my phone on to search mode anyway, but it can't find the car. Why is this so difficult? Since I bought the car used, does that mean I have to figure out a way to delete the previous owner's phone? How can I do that?

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
jreich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: montego blue 335 coupe MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsim View Post
Ok. So I went out and got a new phone. A Motorola MOTO™ W755 which is on the list of compatible phones on BMW's website.

It still doesn't work, though. I have watched the video they have up here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ngStarted.aspx

It claims that a message is supposed to come up on the radio when you hit the "phone" menu: "Please Pair your Phone." Mine only says "Searching for paired devices" and I can't seem to get any other options. I turn my phone on to search mode anyway, but it can't find the car. Why is this so difficult? Since I bought the car used, does that mean I have to figure out a way to delete the previous owner's phone? How can I do that?

Thanks for your help.
Does your car have bluetooth? Check the trunk and look for the TCU under the trunk fabric thingy or look for the assist button on your overhead console. I recently did a retrofit...Pairing your phone is very simple...just make sure your phone is set to search for new device and I think I held down the phone button on the radio and a message popped up and you just follow the instructions on the radio screen.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #26
jsim
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
Does your car have bluetooth? .... I think I held down the phone button on the radio and a message popped up and you just follow the instructions on the radio screen.
Yes, I am positive it has Bluetooth. It has the Assist button and it came with the Premium package. You think my issue could be that I am just not holding down the "Phone" button long enough? That wasn't in the instructional video or in my manual. I guess anything is worth a shot, though. Turning the knobs certainly doesn't change anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #27
fdiprete
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 512i xdrive

ok, then it's time to check the phone.

bluetooth on the phone needs to be turned on and put in find me mode.

disclaimer - I do not have a tcu, but this is true for pairing a phone with anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #28
jsim
United_States
Rep

I got it hooked up. Not sure what I did to be honest, just played around with it forever until suddenly IT WORKED! Now it pairs everytime I get in the car. Thanks for everyone's help!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #29
RW999
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I CONV

for sale BLUETOOTH MODULE FOR 2007 e90 e92 or e93 option

for sale bluetooth module for 2007 BMW 3 series with option e90 or e92 or e93
please let me know if any one needs it. I got from Europe but it turns out that my car had it, it wasn't connected. Now i don't need it.

my e-mail is:
rwnek@rogers.com
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
RW999
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I CONV

you may need a bluetooth module and bluetooth ariel. my car came with the tech package and it didn't have that. the module goes to your trunk and ariel goes under your stearing colum
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #31
Car54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M-Sport Wagon - EBII

Is there a way to mute your audio on the factory non-i-drive bluetooth?
Appreciate 0