E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Windscreen Wash Jets

09-10-2018, 02:39 AM   #1
Toakenspy
Rep
Drives: 2006 320d E90

Windscreen Wash Jets

Hi folks. As you all know the windscreen wash jets spray 2 jets of water onto the windscreen, well recently one of my windscreen wash jets only seems to be spraying out 1 jet of water, whilest the other one sprays out 2. There isn't an issue with the pump or filter so I am wondering if it's clogged inside, (already tried sticking in a pin to unclog it) but no luck. I unclipped the jet housing from the vehicle and it doesn't seem to come apart very easily so I didn't want to force anything. Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 04:29 AM   #2
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

I haven't experienced this (yet) but apparently the washer bottle is prone to a build up of crud (unless you use the OE BMW screen wash - which I don't). It sounds like this might be happening and that some of this has found its way to one of your jets. On previous cars, I've managed to disconnect the pipes and pop out the washer jets and soak them in warm soapy water to unclog them. You could also try compressed air (you can buy it in cans for a few £ if you don't have a compressor). Might be worth searching the forum for how others have cleaned out the washer bottle to prevent this happening again, from memory it can be a bit of a headache to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 03:23 AM   #3
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I'd suggest it's just the nozzle itself (as one side of that nozzle is working and the other nozzle works as it should too) and they are replaceable as individual parts. Should just be a matter of pulling it off the hose.

I believe the part number is 61667131299.
      11-27-2018, 06:00 AM   #4
Ehegarty1989
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2007 320d

Hi guys,
I'm having a problem as well with the jets.i fill the reservoir up and try spray water but nothing,but does leak down by drivers wheel.i stripped down the arching under right hand wheel and inspected and nothing wrong,water was leaking where you could not see and dripping under the car,wouldnt be that great with cars so had a look on you tube and the hose connecting the jets under the bonnet I pulled off and spray water and low and behold there's water coming out of it.if you blow into where hose should be it's not blocked unless there's another hose connecting washer jets from under the plastics.any ideas on what this could be?
Appreciate 0