E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Is it ok to visit local specialized shop? (not the official dealershop)

10-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
su5331
Born to be a driving Machine for a Win.
Macao
Rep
Drives: bmw 328xi 2009

Is it ok to visit local specialized shop? (not the official dealershop)

I have 2009 328xi.

The dashboard says I need to get brake fluid service.

The quote that I got from the offical dealershop near my town was 250$ including the microfilter change.
On the other hand, the local specialized shop said I can get the service with 190$.

But, I am worried whether my CPO warranty will be ok or not if I get the service at the local specialized shop.

Any comments would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Not sure about your issue with CPO warranty. I would think (but I don't know) you'd be okay having the work done elsewhere, as long as the brake fluid met BMW spec.

In my Bentley manual they discuss using the computer to flush brake fluid but also discuss a process for doing it without the computer.

I've had my brake fluid changed at a tire store. Cost me $90 and they had no problem doing the job right. I'm planning to DIY my next change.

FYI, a micro-filter costs around $30 and it's an easy DIY. Think there is a youtube video from Bentley on this.
Appreciate 0