E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Bricked CAS module

09-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
lrklrk
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320D F31 2013

Bricked CAS module

I have at first successfully updated my IHKA, ZBR, JBBF, KOMBI, FRM, DSC and DDE modules using OBD and WinPFK in the comfort update mode. Took the proper preparations of using a 40A stable power supply and made sure all of the firewall and virus items were removed. This went all successful. After resetting the DSC and resetting a bunch of other errors in ISTA/D everything was running ok.

The last one I updated was the CAS. I did remove the key from the ignition as prescribed and started the update with entering the VIN as with all others. The update failed and now the car is dead. No sign of life at all after entering the key in the ignition. When connection with WinPFK it gives me error 209 (IFH-0009). Thereafter checking with TOOL32 on the D_CAS module it does not report back. Also removing the battery for a while does not help.

Please help; how can I proceed?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
Levanime
BimECU
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
you need professionals help,
you will not be able to recover it with standard/dealer tools

this is not rare and is recoverable.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
lrklrk
Netherlands
Rep

Done some calling around and reprogramming cost including possible transfer to a second hand CAS would be near or the same cost as a new chassis-programmed CAS module from the BMW dealer (300 euro). Therefore I have ordered it and will put the origional VO on it from the FRM module and post on the result later.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 04:41 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrklrk View Post
Done some calling around and reprogramming cost including possible transfer to a second hand CAS would be near or the same cost as a new chassis-programmed CAS module from the BMW dealer (300 euro). Therefore I have ordered it and will put the origional VO on it from the FRM module and post on the result later.
It's a good solution for you. Just check that the dealer has synced the ISN for your DME. I think this can be done with your VIN??? Otherwise you'll have problems.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 03:55 AM   #5
lrklrk
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrklrk View Post
Short update; received my chassis coded CAS from the dealer. Then took my VO(FA) from the FRM and coded it on the CAS and done. Car is live again ;-)
Appreciate 1