E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Questions for the e90 headlights (orange/yellow part on the headlights)

11-16-2018, 01:22 AM   #23
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiskoSleaZe View Post
I hate to revisit a old ass thread, but I want to get rid of that nasty orange reflector. And DO NOT want to just cover it with a sticker. They make some dope ass headlights for NON xenon cars. But I have xenons. Any solutions or ideas?

PS-ihave a 2007 bmw 335i msport
Quote:
I hate to revisit a old ass thread, but I want to get rid of that nasty orange reflector. And DO NOT want to just cover it with a sticker. They make some dope ass headlights for NON xenon cars. But I have xenons. Any solutions or ideas?

alot of work. best option is to pay for euro lights. or do something custom and out in the $$$ and time. my current set I have on my ride took me a good 30 hours maybe more to redo. the set I'm working on currently at the moment is probably taking more time due to the fact I re-did the heat rotted harness. Good option to do that than painting that section of Amber would be to hydrodip them a custom pattern you like. some people smoke the entire area with tint so the turn signal still shines through.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 10:02 AM   #24
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:

Best option is to just buy a set of Euro headlights. Fair warning, they aren't cheap.

In my experience the most cost effective way of doing this is to (patiently) watch the German eBay site for a take-off set from a junkyard.
      11-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #25
DiskoSleaZe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesha View Post
alot of work. best option is to pay for euro lights. or do something custom and out in the $$$ and time. my current set I have on my ride took me a good 30 hours maybe more to redo. the set I'm working on currently at the moment is probably taking more time due to the fact I re-did the heat rotted harness. Good option to do that than painting that section of Amber would be to hydrodip them a custom pattern you like. some people smoke the entire area with tint so the turn signal still shines through.

Thanks man. Every day I come out to my car from work and look at that hideous amber part and want to cry.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 03:55 PM   #26
DiskoSleaZe
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Best option is to just buy a set of Euro headlights. Fair warning, they aren't cheap.

In my experience the most cost effective way of doing this is to (patiently) watch the German eBay site for a take-off set from a junkyard.
This will be my option I think. Thanks for the heads up. They obviously must be the same except the orange marker right? I.E. - projectors, auto tilt, and steering features...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #27
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post

This will be my option I think. Thanks for the heads up. They obviously must be the same except the orange marker right? I.E. - projectors, auto tilt, and steering features...
Correct, make sure you get a set that has the adaptive feature, some of the xenon cars they sold in Europe done have it. The easiest way to tell is to look at the projector shroud. The cars with adaptive have a band around the shroud that is a matte silver, on the headlights without it the whole shroud is shiny with no band.

You'll also have to swap the modules over from your headlights to the set you buy as they are coded to your car, so you don't necessarily have to buy a "complete" set.
      11-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #28
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
There are some people that customize oem headlights, they can change the Amber reflectors, upgrade your halos, paint housings, etc. Might be worth it if you like the idea of other upgrades also.

I've seen people get the aftermarket headlights to work with xenon cars even though they are intended for halogen... not sure what was required. Aftermarket won't light up the road as bright as oem xenon either. Keep that in mind.
      11-26-2018, 11:31 PM   #29
DiskoSleaZe
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks guys. Looking into it as we speak.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #30
Raakhuga
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI

Garage List
Quote:

You can switch them out with european headlights as they don't have the reflectors, im not sure for pre-LCI though, my LCI E91 just has an orange bulb but not the reflector
Attached Images

Appreciate 0