E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Carly code deciphering on ABS/DSC/Tyre etc lights all illuminating

03-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
DanMZe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D SE

Carly code deciphering on ABS/DSC/Tyre etc lights all illuminating

Hi, back in August my local indie replaced 3 ABS sensors (two rear and one at the front, not sure which side!) as I was having some very odd vibrations and a hot wheel:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525215

Nothing major has been done on the car since then apart from a n/s/f anti-rollbar replacement done a couple of weeks ago by the indie garage. Last week the famous ABS/DSC/Flat tyre icons illuminated on the way back home and have been on since. I did notice that the following morning after they came on, there was a noticeable screeching sound from the n/s/f wheel area when pulling out of my drive that disappeared a couple of minutes in...maybe related or possibly coincidence.

I haven't had chance to physically check the wheels/sensors but I have run Carly diagnostics on the car. However the two faults that I believe potentially pertain to the wheel sensors are not specific enough:

Body
Code 0062D4
Dynamic manager / Dynamik Manager
:Message (status desired torque conversion, id = OBC) of VGSG PT-CAN / Embassy wheel speed PT-CAN, ID CEh
Code: 00D023

and:

Motor Control
Engine / Motor
Embassy (WHEEL SPEED, 0xCE)_
Code: 0049F2

and don't actually tell me which particular sensor(s) it is referring to. Screenshots/vids etc I've seen of diagnostics sometimes point specifically to a sensor on a specific wheel. My hunch is that the fourth sensor has finally packed in and/or the Indie perhaps has dislodged or broken the sensor when doing the anti rollbar….but not sure!

Dan
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 01:25 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

if you had a hot wheel ,,that is more than likely a binding caliper,,also if the rear reluctor rings have gone bad,,then replacing sensor will only last so long,,as the ring will have rubbed it away again...some have rings some have the magnetic pick up sensor built into the wheel bearing,,so could of been a bad wheel bearing on the hot wheel also,,which has ruined the sensor.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
DanMZe90
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, no heat since they changed the sensors and nothing now that indicates binding e.g. heat/drag etc. And sods law, these lights have been on for around 7 days so I was thinking 'permanent' until I get it sorted...filled up with diesel on the way home tonight, got in the car and noticed that all the lights are now out! This tells me that the sensors can't be wrecked but then I wonder how to start looking, other than physically check all sensors, if Carly won't actually pinpoint specifically what is going wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

did you clearvthe codes after fitting new sensors?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
DanMZe90
Private First Class
Rep

Yes they did and this was a while ago now. Lights are back on now as of this morning, and I cannot clear them with Carly, they just re-appear. The nebulous codes are irritating and may just have to cut my losses and let the garage look at it.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 07:09 AM   #6
andy_06xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Did you ever solve this issue? I'm getting similar codes and intermittent Brake/ABS/4x4 lights. My codes are: 62D6 and D023 -- both from the LDM unit and neither specific to a given wheel sensor.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #7
AndyVR
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 320i 2010 MSport

The odd vibrations will be an intermittently binding rear caliper, it happened to me for about two years until I figured it out, when it eventually got worse and lasted long enough for me to get off the motorway and check the brake discs for heat. It's really odd but at first you can get loud vibrations/drumming from the rear and then it stops completely after a few minutes, then does the same again a few weeks later. I've had the same thing happen on both rear calipers. The abs sensors/lights is another unrelated fault.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 11:11 AM   #8
zackkcaz25
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_06xi View Post
Did you ever solve this issue? I'm getting similar codes and intermittent Brake/ABS/4x4 lights. My codes are: 62D6 and D023 -- both from the LDM unit and neither specific to a given wheel sensor.
Did you figure it out? I'm getting same.. along with 51AD and 5DC0
Appreciate 0