E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335is keeps going into neutral under load

02-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #1
Peytongraf
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335IS

335is keeps going into neutral under load

I’ve been a lurker on here for over a year but this is my first post. Basically a couple weeks ago an issue arose with my 2012 335is dct. I installed the docrace kit not too long ago and I had been using jb4 with the mhd ST bef. The car was running great until one day it slipped by itself out of full manual mode into neutral at around 5k and probably around 18psi. Since then it has continued to do so if I give it enough throttle. I asked about the issue on a Facebook page and they informed me that jb4 and ST dcts don’t go well together so I ditched the jb4 and got the gforce boost controller and aem meth controller and got a base map from Ken at Wedge. I installed everything and flashed the tune and it’s still going into neutral. I’ve reset all adaptations and cleared all codes and nothing. Also - it doesn’t ever throw a code when it goes into neutral. The only code I’ve gotten is occasional cylinder 4 misfire. Ken told me to try turning traction control completely off and doing a 3rd gear pull from 2500 up. Well when I press the traction control button nothing happens at all like I’m not even pressing it. I work at a certified bmw body shop and I asked some service techs about it and they said maybe I’m low on fluid from a leak so I followed the bmw procedure and just added a little dct fluid but it really was about where it should’ve been because I put back in about how much came out. Another thing is when I do a datalog the logging stops as soon as the car goes into neutral and no more values are logged after that. I can attach one of the logs below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

All mods are Docrace kit with PTE 6466, precision raceworks coils, vadar solutions stage 3 dual walbro 450s- second controlled by 15psi Hobbs switch, VRSF 7.5” stepped Fmic, bms meth kit with aem controller- single bm10 nozzle in cp (50/50 mix), ngk 2 step colder plugs at .021, 3.5 bar tmap, bms occ, rb Pcb valve, revshift 95a trans and motor mounts.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
Peytongraf
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335IS

Well didn’t get any help on here lmao but if anyone sees this and wants to know the fix, I had 2 issues. One issue was oil that leaked on top some of my spark plugs. I cleaned out the oil and most of the misfires went away. After that I took out 3 and 4 injectors and they had some carbon deposits on them. They weren’t completely sealed in the head as they were easy to remove with just my hand. Basically a while back I had bmw service replace all injectors under warranty. They must’ve stripped the 3-4 injector bracket because one pull at full boost the injectors blew out of the head. I seriously thought I had blown my engine apart lol but anyways I tapped a larger thread in the head and reinstalled them. I guess they slowly came just loose enough to only cause issues at high boost but anyways all is well now. Running 20 psi on 93 with meth on a 6466. Going to dyno it this Saturday and May up the boost a couple psi depending on rail pressure, afr, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
Mvaccarelli01
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is doc race 6266

But what about the issue of your car traction control button not working and the car trans throwing your car into neutral, the fuel injectors and spark plugs fixed that?? that doesnt make sense
Appreciate 1
maxnix205.00