E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > MS-8 Configuration

05-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #67
fahadco80
Rep
Drives: 2009 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
You have to give it a full range signal so make sure if you are giving it high passed inputs you are also giving it low passed inputs

Sorry, but I did not understand this post
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #68
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Some people have found the auto tune frustrating

Some people have found the auto tune frustrating.
its not as straight forward as you think.
you get what it gives you and some have found that not
to be what they want.
Its more work than you think if you read some of the stuff
in the ms-8 system threads.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #69
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadco80
Quote:
@fahadco80

I dont know the correct way to delete bose system

The basic idea is if you have an amplified signal use the wiring harness inputs. If you have a line level signal use the rca's

But my line output from the head unit does not have RCA's, can I convert this regular wire to RCA? and use them to feed the MS8

Thanks
Yes. Jl audio makes an rca end that you can splice onto existing wire. If you can get a hold of the connector for your amp you could make a proper harness and not have to cut.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #70
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You have to give it a full range signal so make sure if you are giving it high passed inputs you are also giving it low passed inputs

Sorry, but I did not understand this post
If you feed it from the head unit it's not an issue. If you feed it from the amp you will have to include the sub so that the ms-8 is getting both highs and lows as an input source
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:14 PM   #71
fahadco80
Rep

Quote:
If you feed it from the head unit it's not an issue. If you feed it from the amp you will have to include the sub so that the ms-8 is getting both highs and lows as an input source
One last question, now my head unit has only 4 outputs, FR, FL, RR and RL, if I run those to the MS8, is it going to give me all the channels I want including the sub channel? but the problem is, that I am not sure if those signals are full range..

Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

Fahad
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #72
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
One last question, now my head unit has only 4 outputs, FR, FL, RR and RL, if I run those to the MS8, is it going to give me all the channels I want including the sub channel? but the problem is, that I am not sure if those signals are full range..

Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

Fahad
You will only need fl and fr. They will be full range
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 05:17 AM   #73
fahadco80
Rep

Quote:
You will only need fl and fr. They will be full range
I just had a reply from a Nissan technician, he confirmed that the 4 signals coming from the head unit are full range, so the best way to go for is connecting those signals to the MS8, but you mentioned to connect only the front signals, isn't it better connect the 4 signals to have the best sound going to the MS8?

Thanks

Fahad
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 06:05 AM   #74
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

The processor only requires one full range stereo input. I believe connecting two full range inputs has no advantage, because during input setup the processor stops "looking" once it has found a full range signal on inputs 1 and 2.

However, if you have park distance control outputs through the head unit rear channels, I think the head unit front and rear outputs need to be summed. I'm not 100% sure on this as I never had to do it.
      05-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #75
jeffb335
Rep

Yeah, my car has pdc sounds in the rear channels and nav/Bluetooth on the front channels so I had to connect all 4 channels to the MS-8. The MS-8 then sums the signals internally. It does mean the incoming signal is higher bet that's not really relevant.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #76
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
The processor only requires one full range stereo input. I believe connecting two full range inputs has no advantage, because during input setup the processor stops "looking" once it has found a full range signal on inputs 1 and 2.

However, if you have park distance control outputs through the head unit rear channels, I think the head unit front and rear outputs need to be summed. I'm not 100% sure on this as I never had to do it.
In fact I have had much poorer results by summing F+R as opposed to using only front.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #77
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:
In fact I have had much poorer results by summing F+R as opposed to using only front.
stock head unit?

Mine are summed, ive tried it both ways and there was no difference besides the summed volume level being higher, but Ive got a Dynavin head unit, not stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #78
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335
Quote:
stock head unit?

Mine are summed, ive tried it both ways and there was no difference besides the summed volume level being higher, but Ive got a Dynavin head unit, not stock.
Yes stock. Rear is high passed so i think it throws off the overall levels.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #79
jeffb335
Rep

oh yeah, that would screw things up for sure, The MS-8 might be able to compensate but still any time you touched the fader it would throw everything off. In my setup both front and rear are full range to it doesnt really make any difference if I use 2 or 4 channels (besides PDC and nav working)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #80
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
oh yeah, that would screw things up for sure, The MS-8 might be able to compensate but still any time you touched the fader it would throw everything off. In my setup both front and rear are full range to it doesnt really make any difference if I use 2 or 4 channels (besides PDC and nav working)
Yeah, even with a flat fader, it still wasn't quite a full signal. The MS-8 (as Mathematics well knows) works best when it doesn't have to work as hard.
Appreciate 0