Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > [RDC/TPMS Issues] CC-ID 149 (2011 NA 328i XDrive E90)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
AgentDark
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi (E90)

Exclamation [RDC/TPMS Issues] CC-ID 149 (2011 NA 328i XDrive E90)

Just wanted to make this to document what symptoms I am seeing and the outcome.

So its been frigid here in Ohio (USA) (below 0F most days). 3 weeks ago my electrical system seemed to freak out. All warning lights came on, rpm and speed gauges would seem to reset then go back to the correct reading over and over. I shut off the car and now a Tire pressure system malfunction (TPMS Inactive) light came on (CCID 149). It has been on consistently for 3 weeks now. I have known BMW's to have weird electrical symptoms with a low battery. As mine was almost 5 years old, I got it replaced.

The "TPMS Inactive" problem persisted, and a few more electrical system freakouts later(same as above), I decided to gamble and change the RPC control unit, which is located in the passenger rear wheel well. Backside near the trunk.

I will be installing it today after work, and hopefully this fixes the issue. The only thing that concerns me is the electrical glitches that I described above and how they would relate to that control unit. If this doesn't fix it, I will be taking it in to get serviced tomorrow.

Anyone else seen this?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
AgentDark
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi (E90)

Didn't seem to fix the issue. Took it to the dealer.

EDIT: Apparently I was right, it was the RDC control module. When you replace it you need to program it. This is why it didn't work when I installed it. Probably best to let the dealer do this one.

Last edited by AgentDark; 03-14-2015 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Robjae
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93

Outcome

What did it end up being?
Appreciate 0