E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > How to remove E92 LCI finisher rods? Bumper removal?

04-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
misterkliper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i sport

Garage List
How to remove E92 LCI finisher rods? Bumper removal?

I have the base bumper on my E92 LCI and I'm planning on painting the finisher rods black. I've found a few threads where people have painted their finisher rods as well, although most people say they've just "pulled down" and break a couple of the tabs off. I'd like to do this as non-destructive as possible, so I'm wondering if I remove the under tray beneath the car, would that allow me better access behind the bumper to (hopefully) more safely remove the tabs? Should I just remove the whole bumper? Or are neither of those worth it and just try to pull them out from the front as carefully as I can?

If anyone has done this or has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at tackling this tomorrow if possible. For reference, here is a photoshopped before/after of what it will look like:

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 06:22 AM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

You could probably get all the access you need by just pulling the inner wheel well liner. They're all just as cumbersome, but that way is better than pulling the bumper (even tho its not that terrible).
Appreciate 0