E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear Sway Bar for Track Car

06-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #45
Kooshi3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 Jet Black 335i (E92)

Awesome

Have you decided now on whether you are going to upgrade the rear with the M3 rear sway bar or forgoing that now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Bump.

I purchased and installed the H&R M3 Front Sway Bar. This is the stiffest bar available for our cars. Took the car to do some AutoX to see how things are going. The rear sway is still stock. Here are my impressions:

* Car is now finally neutral. No longer plows in understeer. On a long 270 corners, I can balance the car with just the throttle. The front never steps out as it has a lot of grip. The rear will step out first but only at the very end of the grip, and it is gradual instead of "snap oversteer".

* The car is predictable. I can throw it in the corner and now I can predict exactly what will happen and (more importantly) when it will happen. Previously, it was very unpredictable and inconsistent.

* The tire wear is much better controlled. This was expected as there is a lot less rolling.

Overall, this has been perhaps the most significant change I've done to the suspension in a very very long time. Now I have to relearn where is the limit again and drive with confidence at it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #46
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshi3 View Post
Awesome

Have you decided now on whether you are going to upgrade the rear with the M3 rear sway bar or forgoing that now?
Too early to say to be honest. I need to raise the car a little bit because the TCKLine 400lb springs are too short. With the front coils raised at the maximum safe level I am rubbing the front tires. I have rolled the fenders and i have -3.5 degrees of camber and still, there is rubbing at full lock.

I also suspect that the TCKLine springs have settled or otherwise collapsed a little as well.

I will replace the springs with Swift Springs and I will redo the alignment. I'll re-evaluate after that.