E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Hoist Fitness equipment, anyone like ?

08-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Hoist Fitness equipment, anyone like ?

Let me say I'm dedicated to free weight, but after weeks of intense lifting I like to spend time trying other equipment at the gym.

Been rather impressed with the HOIST brand of equipment
https://www.hoistfitness.com/commerc...t-selectorized

Their shoulder press and leg extension particularly.
Anyone dedicated to using Hoist ? I'm tempted to spend 3-months exclusive on the Hoist and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

How is their shoulder press and leg extension noticeably different from other should press and leg extension machines?

You're tempted to spend 3 months using only Hoist machines for what reason, exactly?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
How is their shoulder press and leg extension noticeably different from other should press and leg extension machines?

You're tempted to spend 3 months using only Hoist machines for what reason, exactly?
Compared to Life Fitness for example the Hoist SHOULDER PRESS has a seat that (I think is mounted on a cam) so as you press up your whole body shift rearward and it doesn't impinge my shoulder joint like the Life Fitness. The LEG PRESS I'm kind of guessing but since the seat moves it mimics a squat in that your hip moves - as you begin to fully extend it feels more comfortable particularly as you use higher weight, the pad actually rolls a little on the tibia and feels good (on the Life Fitness the leg pad is stationary pressing down on one spot).

I've spent nearly the past year with no significant breaks, squatting and deadlifting once a week (sometimes twice a week - including other exercises) I don't want to increase reps due to I'm getting older and want to preserve joints. My concern now is that, for me, the weight I'm using is starting to get rather heavy and I'm a little concerned about deadlifting and squatting 300+. Though my benching is nowhere near that.

And my running has definitely changed in that I just can't seem to get in the 13+ mile runs I was doing last summer when doing a lot of cable machine workouts - but also free weights.

I'm thinking, with the HOIST I'll be taking a break from squatting and deadlifts, but doing resistance, psychologically I'll be testing out a new routine so a little more stimulation for getting up at 4:30am and as the weather cools maybe I'll increase the running miles.

If I do the Hoist I'll still push a power sled, do a hitmil treadmill and pull-ups, maybe a few spin-classes. But I think I'm going try a HOIST centric routine for a while.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
stbm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 DG

Hoist makes good equipment. not cheap tho. I've tried this in person and its very nice: https://www.hoistfitness.com/consume...raining-system
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Compared to Life Fitness for example the Hoist SHOULDER PRESS has a seat that (I think is mounted on a cam) so as you press up your whole body shift rearward and it doesn't impinge my shoulder joint like the Life Fitness. The LEG PRESS I'm kind of guessing but since the seat moves it mimics a squat in that your hip moves - as you begin to fully extend it feels more comfortable particularly as you use higher weight, the pad actually rolls a little on the tibia and feels good (on the Life Fitness the leg pad is stationary pressing down on one spot).

I've spent nearly the past year with no significant breaks, squatting and deadlifting once a week (sometimes twice a week - including other exercises) I don't want to increase reps due to I'm getting older and want to preserve joints. My concern now is that, for me, the weight I'm using is starting to get rather heavy and I'm a little concerned about deadlifting and squatting 300+. Though my benching is nowhere near that.

And my running has definitely changed in that I just can't seem to get in the 13+ mile runs I was doing last summer when doing a lot of cable machine workouts - but also free weights.

I'm thinking, with the HOIST I'll be taking a break from squatting and deadlifts, but doing resistance, psychologically I'll be testing out a new routine so a little more stimulation for getting up at 4:30am and as the weather cools maybe I'll increase the running miles.

If I do the Hoist I'll still push a power sled, do a hitmil treadmill and pull-ups, maybe a few spin-classes. But I think I'm going try a HOIST centric routine for a while.

I don't know your age or medical conditions (if any) but squatting/deadlifting once a week doesn't sound like a recipe for injuries or issues to me.

Appreciate 0