E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Idrive SMS

01-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
vtwin_man
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3

Idrive SMS

Well,
I've just added my wife's Samsung to the cars Bluetooth devices and the idrive screen is showing texts and emails for her!
Didn't know that!
I'm trying to get the same from my own iPhone 5s, but struggling... Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
vorph
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

Tick notification on Bluetooth settings and check notifications setup for email and messages.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
vtwin_man
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorph View Post
Tick notification on Bluetooth settings and check notifications setup for email and messages.
Ha! Simon to the rescue again! Thanks mate, all the best! System is still going strong sat nav is 100%

That has solved it, but I have to close email on the phone before I start up the idrive to get it to show all new mail.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 02:11 AM   #4
BoringNotBornIng
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin_man View Post
Well,
I've just added my wife's Samsung to the cars Bluetooth devices and the idrive screen is showing texts and emails for her!
Didn't know that!
I'm trying to get the same from my own iPhone 5s, but struggling... Any ideas?
Lol, for example, I didn't want to enter my phone number in my idrive because a lot of girls write to me and my girlfriend could find out that I communicate with a lot of girls when she sits in my car and I accept idrive notifications. What's more, my idrive was constantly distracting me with notifications that I needed to enter a phone number, that's why I used the services of these guys, with the help of which I receive sms online new numbers, who provide fake phone numbers that receive SMS with a confirmation code, and then these SMS they sent me to enter the confirmation code in my idrive. So I solved the problem of constant annoying notifications in idrive and kept my anonymity )
Appreciate 0