E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Red Brake Symbol & Lift Symbol, front and rear brake sensors 5DE1 & 5DE0 - HELP!

04-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Maybe try resetting the service indicator straight from the BC menu on the car itself? No need for BT cable or anything else to do this. Perhaps the BT software is not resetting it correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #24
dakotacoates
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328I

hey guys im new to the forum and im having a similar problem my abs light traction light brake light are all on and im getting messages on the dash and getting codes 5de1, 5de0, 5dd2, and 5ddo anybody know whatr could be wrong i dont have a dsc code or a light on and my pads are new and i reset the service interval idk what the problem could be
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #25
Rcase
AW M Addict
Rep
Drives: BMW Collector

Tying off the wires will eliminate the light, it's up to you if you feel like purchasing "dummy sensors". I would feel incompetent if I did not know the status of my brakes while putting it on the road.

When you reset your CBC after doing a brake job , make sure the percentage as another posted, is 100 percent. Non BMW based tools have a tendency to do silly things like update to 325% as an example. Today I assisted a friend that had this same issue and sure enough it showed 325%. No clue how that even happens.

You just clear the code after cutting and depending on your choice to solder, wire nut , crimp connection etc (I do not advise soldering in this case, I believe using dielectric grease , a crimp on cap and wrapped in electrical tape is better than solder which may oxidize, again my opinion). Make sure to zip tie the wire securely to an object that will not bind.

Check codes and CBC and you will be set. I have never had the connection in the box attached to the chassis compromised, alas you can check.
Appreciate 0