E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > e90 diff oil change

09-21-2016, 02:23 AM   #23
Calluhan
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640D Gran Coupe

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1105836&page=5

Just a link to my project thread as I always think a few pics help. I certainly got more than a litre into my diff and as its a tapered screw cap there is no need to buy another as long as yours comes out cleanly. As you can see the car was level. Be careful you are comparing like for like folks, at least one poster is referring to an x drive car and I'm not sure if the rear diff is the same?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 02:57 AM   #24
Rustymage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calluhan View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1105836&page=5

Just a link to my project thread as I always think a few pics help. I certainly got more than a litre into my diff and as its a tapered screw cap there is no need to buy another as long as yours comes out cleanly. As you can see the car was level. Be careful you are comparing like for like folks, at least one poster is referring to an x drive car and I'm not sure if the rear diff is the same?
Rear diff on mine was 1ltr as quoted by BMW. The front diff level was quoted by AdamN52 as 1.2ltr.

I was surprised to read it was more then 1ltr but when I rung up BMW they said it was only more then 1ltr when dry and drained fully. With the squeezy sucky tube you'll be lucky to get everything out.

Plug replacement was probably a recommendation from BMW and the garage followed it, no need to do it if it's fine though
Appreciate 0