E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB"

11-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ps

"Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB"

Sorry another Q.

My car has "Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB". But I have no "telephone" option in the menue nor do I have a USB (besides combox). I have the tel button on the steering wheel and next to the center dial. But nothing happens when i press these "tel" buttons. Also, all I have is the AUX connection in the arm rest console. My dealer said since I did NOT buy the premium package, I don't get BT or USB in the arm rest console. Does this make and sense??! So what the heck is this "enhanced BT & USB"

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Intersted to see what other said. To me included means included?!?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotichamster View Post
Sorry another Q.

My car has "Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB". But I have no "telephone" option in the menue nor do I have a USB (besides combox). I have the tel button on the steering wheel and next to the center dial. But nothing happens when i press these "tel" buttons. Also, all I have is the AUX connection in the arm rest console. My dealer said since I did NOT buy the premium package, I don't get BT or USB in the arm rest console. Does this make and sense??! So what the heck is this "enhanced BT & USB"

Cheers.
What is the production date of your E90? Does your window sticker shows the 7KB option -Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB?

No USB in the center console means no Combox. No Assist/BT means no Combox either. So it looks like there is no 7KB in your car, thus its production date must be pre-Sept 2011.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
What is the production date of your E90? Does your window sticker shows the 7KB option -Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB?

No USB in the center console means no Combox. No Assist/BT means no Combox either. So it looks like there is no 7KB in your car, thus its production date must be pre-Sept 2011.
Hello;

All I have on my window sticker is the "Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB"

Production date is sometime in September...so I don't understand why it says this and I have no BT and USB.

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Hello;

All I have on my window sticker is the "Nav w/ enhanced BT & USB"

Production date is sometime in September...so I don't understand why it says this and I have no BT and USB.

thanks!
The question really is, what your dealer will do about this? The 7KB does not depend of the Premium Package; it is a new Nav package for the last 2 months of the E90 production.

So if you paid for it then it should be there.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

I concur. Its on your window sticker. You paid for it. Some kind of factory error? (which does happen)
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep

Def. on the window sticker! My dealer is pretty much telling me to pi$$ off! Going to call BMWNA...even though they are more useless than sand in the desert sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Did you buy the car off the lot or custom?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Def. on the window sticker! My dealer is pretty much telling me to pi$$ off! Going to call BMWNA...even though they are more useless than sand in the desert sometimes.
I don't understand... did you buy this car at midnight with the lights off? Did your sales person explained the car features at delivery or he just mailed you the keys?

Again, the 7KB package includes Nav, Assist, Bluetooth and USB. The first sign of something wrong is the lack of the USB in the center console. The second sign is the lack of the Assist setup by your salesperson. The third sign is the lack of a Telephone menu in your iDrive.

How can be possible to miss all 3 signs -either by you or by the salesperson- before signing the sales contract? At least you have the Nav... and in this bizarro car it must be the real error in the window sticker.

Sorry but there must be something else going on here.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
jaredlevy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Curious to see what BMWNA says about this. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep

i didn't have time to sit w/ the SA and go through all the options as I had to leave for work and I was pretty comfortable w/ the iDrive since I am familiar with it...guess not lol

we will see what BMWNA says...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Quote:
I don't understand... did you buy this car at midnight with the lights off? Did your sales person explained the car features at delivery or he just mailed you the keys?

Again, the 7KB package includes Nav, Assist, Bluetooth and USB. The first sign of something wrong is the lack of the USB in the center console. The second sign is the lack of the Assist setup by your salesperson. The third sign is the lack of a Telephone menu in your iDrive.

How can be possible to miss all 3 signs -either by you or by the salesperson- before signing the sales contract? At least you have the Nav... and in this bizarro car it must be the real error in the window sticker.

Sorry but there must be something else going on here.
. I would say its irrelevant as he bought the car that exists on paper, not the car they delivered. An oversimplification of course but reflects the legal situation most accurately
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
. I would say its irrelevant as he bought the car that exists on paper, not the car they delivered. An oversimplification of course but reflects the legal situation most accurately
That is not quite correct... if the salesperson discloses issues with the car equipment level and then the customer accepts such issues by signing the contract with the issues clearly stipulated in writing then it is irrelevant what the window sticker states.

I do not think that this is the case here.

What is relevant is the apparent reaction of the dealer according to the OP once this issue is notified. This reaction of "piss off" is absurd to me as a dealer knows quite well not to be messing around with the window sticker contents.

I know of a case of an M3 having the 6-speaker Stereo sound system installed from factory instead of the standard HiFi 8-speaker sound system. BMWNA argument was that they reserve the right to make production changes at any time and without announcement, and thus no HiFi was retrofitted. The forum member did not receive any compensation to make up the difference, or so the member reported.

The difference of that particular issue and this one here is that the HiFi system is not listed in the window sticker. The new 7KB is listed.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Of course...as I said the above was an oversimplification.

At the end of the day, the relevant question is "What deal was made?" What $ for what car. Of course there could have been a disclaimer, but since dealer's can print window stickers(i think) they would probably just correct a window sticker they knew to be wrong. In this case, OP, the window sticker is strong evidence that you paid for something which you didn't receive. In all likelihood, the option was assumed to part of the vehicle by both parties during negotiation. It is likely that the dealer's computer system reflected the inclusion of this option, and appropriate invoice/MSRP pricing from which they negotiated your deal.

Thus, if both parties were mutually mistaken, the OP is likely owed some remedy, which I would leave to a court or the parties (by mutual agreement) to decide.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
i didn't have time to sit w/ the SA and go through all the options as I had to leave for work and I was pretty comfortable w/ the iDrive since I am familiar with it...guess not lol

we will see what BMWNA says...
Send your VIN by PM and I will tell you which options your car has from factory.

If the 7KB is not there then the window sticker was printed incorrectly.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep

PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
PM sent!
There is no 7KB, 639 or 6FL options in your VIN, and the production date is actually 08/11. Which explains why there is no 7KB, that is only a 09/11-on option.

This does not justify your window sticker mistake, but it would not take too long for BMWNA to find out the cause of this "misunderstanding".

Still, you should take a look at the prices charged at your window sticker. You may have been overcharged - but not by much.
Appreciate 0