E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > My CIC Combox 6FL retrofit log (and DIY focused on coding)

05-23-2021, 11:29 PM   #111
nyc4runnin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

following this ... need to do all these steps for direct CIC replacement ? factory CIC died...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 02:47 AM   #112
Emil98
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 2009

Cool Worth it

First of all, Thank you for this detailed DIY. Managed to successfully make the retrofit from M-ASKII to CIC Professional with all functions working including the navigation. The difference is indescribable.
The trickiest part was the FSC coding, and to write the new VIN to all modules. I found a different version of FSTool2 with preset files, and step by step guide and worked like a charm. It can do the 17, 19, 1b certificates.
The next problem was that if I entered the activated navigation menu, it immidiately asked me the activation code, but I couldn't check the actual version of the navi,
so I didn't know which version I should use to update and to generate the activation code.
Found this exact problem on a different thread, Tool32 can do the job to check which version has it.
If someone would ask which part was the most difficult, I would say get the tools for FSC Certification. I saved all the working stuffs in one place. So If anyone need, I can send it.
The next thing I would like to accomplish is the Hungarian Language.
But as I read in other threads the coding with NCS is not enough, you need to update the firmware versions in a correct order and with an appropriate tool which is an ICOM interface.
At first when you read the DIY it seems difficult and complex. When you finally spent $500 or more to the stuffs (I managed to do for $350)
and start to disassembly the old and assembly the new CIC, it seems less difficult, and when you reach to the coding you get excited not to mess up something.
My goal is to encourage everybody who thinking about this retrofit, because If I would do this again it probably would only took half of the time or less than for the first time
and furthermore your car looks many years younger than before.
Anyway anybody is interested in a working M-ASKII navi?
Ohh and be careful with the postal services because it can be tricky...
Attached Images

Last edited by Emil98; 06-18-2021 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: Too long lines
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #113
juliano_ew
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil98 View Post
First of all, Thank you for this detailed DIY. Managed to successfully make the retrofit from M-ASKII to CIC Professional with all functions working including the navigation. The difference is indescribable.
The trickiest part was the FSC coding, and to write the new VIN to all modules. I found a different version of FSTool2 with preset files, and step by step guide and worked like a charm. It can do the 17, 19, 1b certificates.
The next problem was that if I entered the activated navigation menu, it immidiately asked me the activation code, but I couldn't check the actual version of the navi,
so I didn't know which version I should use to update and to generate the activation code.
Found this exact problem on a different thread, Tool32 can do the job to check which version has it.
If someone would ask which part was the most difficult, I would say get the tools for FSC Certification. I saved all the working stuffs in one place. So If anyone need, I can send it.
The next thing I would like to accomplish is the Hungarian Language.
But as I read in other threads the coding with NCS is not enough, you need to update the firmware versions in a correct order and with an appropriate tool which is an ICOM interface.
At first when you read the DIY it seems difficult and complex. When you finally spent $500 or more to the stuffs (I managed to do for $350)
and start to disassembly the old and assembly the new CIC, it seems less difficult, and when you reach to the coding you get excited not to mess up something.
My goal is to encourage everybody who thinking about this retrofit, because If I would do this again it probably would only took half of the time or less than for the first time
and furthermore your car looks many years younger than before.
Anyway anybody is interested in a working M-ASKII navi?
Ohh and be careful with the postal services because it can be tricky...

I need help. My car initially came with the M-askII system, I replaced the radio and the screen with a professional CIC already in CIC.C1A version. To activate the navigation I bought an emulator, however, this only works with the radio with the VIN of the donor car. What bothers me is that this causes an incorrect vin error on the radio and I believe it is causing the car to run out of battery.
I removed the emulator, changed the VIN for my vehicle, generated the certificates and the FSC, however, in 00190001 I can only generate one certificate, the FSC is in red. I do all the steps correctly in FStools and CHECK_FSC from 00190001 gives an error.

Would you have the walkthrough to activate navigation?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 04:24 AM   #114
Emil98
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliano_ew View Post
I need help. My car initially came with the M-askII system, I replaced the radio and the screen with a professional CIC already in CIC.C1A version. To activate the navigation I bought an emulator, however, this only works with the radio with the VIN of the donor car. What bothers me is that this causes an incorrect vin error on the radio and I believe it is causing the car to run out of battery.
I removed the emulator, changed the VIN for my vehicle, generated the certificates and the FSC, however, in 00190001 I can only generate one certificate, the FSC is in red. I do all the steps correctly in FStools and CHECK_FSC from 00190001 gives an error.

Would you have the walkthrough to activate navigation?
You probably missed the new VIN writing to your CIC. The CIC headunit coded to the donor car. You need to set your VIN to the Headunit.

There is a step by step guide.
Open TOOL32 and find this 3 modules: CICR_GW.PRG, CICR.PRG, CICR_HD.PRG.
You will need to do the same thing in all modules. So first select one of these and in Tool32 on the Jobs list select "aif_lesen" => you will read infos with it.
On the right list "results" tab select these options together: aif_fg_nr, aif_fg_nr_lang

Will pop up a new result window where you will see the last 7 characters of the VIN coded to the CIC. We only need to modify this VIN to yours.

So on the jobs list you select "aif_schreiben" => this job will write the parameters to the CIC, and on the arguments field you need to write the arguments in the correct order with the ";" separator.

It will wait 9 arguments and you need to change the first argument to your VIN(the last 7 character of your VIN) and copy the remaining arguments from the info which you've read before. I don't remember the args order but it will tell you exactly what parameters it waits and in what order.

Example: lets assume your VIN is: A123456
Then the args which you need to set is looks like this:

A123456;13.11.2013;9284329;0000000;0000000;011111; 12345;61200;020260F80AA

I copied the reamining 8 args from my CIC.
And you need to do this same steps on all the 3 modules mentioned below.
After you done with it, you can do the FSC coding.
I would recommend you to use FSTOOL_v20211. I used it and worked like a charm.

Hope it helps,
Cheers
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #115
PandaNL
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F30 330e & E92 335i

Garage List
Hi All,

Does anyone have a new link for the 6FL cable ~3 metres from usb plug to combox? The one linked by the OP is no longer valid. Preferably one in europe.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #116
MadJoe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
I'm about to do the combox retrofit to my new-to-me E93 and was wondering if there was any PNP kits for the retrofit anymore? It seems the only people who made them are no longer stocking them, and/or their email is down (CICretrofit@gmail.com gets returned undeliverable).
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 04:39 AM   #117
Mc 007
Private First Class
Croatia
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Hello
Need help after Combox installing,mic don’t work,no one hear me,can someone help? I put on pin 26 the blue&black wires,is this the problem?
Thx
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 08:23 AM   #118
arber.m
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d LCI

Hello everyone

Can somebody provide a download link for FSTOOL_v20211
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 08:47 PM   #119
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Years later this DIY is still of great help. I've gone through so many emulators; the last being the most expensive and it still got wrecked. If you are still on here, I Just want to say thank you.
      02-19-2023, 04:27 PM   #120
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

just checking back in.

hosed my retrofit coding trying to track down a comfort access problem, came back here, followed the vehicle order coding bit and now I'm back to working bluetooth on my combox.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 12:07 PM   #121
Luxy
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320D

Hello, Recently, I retrofitted CIC in a BMW E92, and the donor CIC is C1A. However, currently, my navigation appears to be gray. When I retrieved data from "aif_schreiben" using Tool32, I obtained the following information: "P075502,09.08.2011,9273158,9273161,0000000,000000 ,00000,0,0202JP0F78RA". It seems like there are too many zeros in some parameters. Additionally, when I try to execute STORE_SIG_CERT and CHECK_SIG_CERT in "FSTool2," I encounter an error (attached in the appendix).
I have also noticed that some people fetch "FSCS Certificate" from "Configuration" -> "Certificates" -> "FSCS Certificate" by accessing the SWTPatcher-v2 -> 03_FSC_Templates -> 001B0001.fsc folder. However, when I attempt to retrieve these files, I encounter an error (also attached in the appendix).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 01:58 AM   #122
GDeeniss
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 323d BiTurbo

Hi,

I just came back to this post after following the coding part step-by-step and everything went as smooth as butter, you have perfectly described every step and answered all of the questions that would occasionally pop up into my head.
I have made the switch from M-ASKII to CIC Professional with Combox, hands down best upgrade there is.
If you are still in here and read these, thank you a lot!
Appreciate 1
TiAgAu150.00
      03-17-2024, 05:14 PM   #123
KoktGrus
Rep
Drives: 535d 2009

I got issues with fstool. Got all working except for 9C. It gets rejected.

Can someone with a working environment help me generate a 9C?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 01:36 PM   #124
BRG_N54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Green '07 & Arctic '08 335i's

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
FSTool2 02.02.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoktGrus View Post
I got issues with fstool. Got all working except for 9C. It gets rejected.

Can someone with a working environment help me generate a 9C?
Try this version of FSTool2, only way I got 9C to apply.
Appreciate 0