E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 valvetronic code 134F04

10-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #1
Beisofmarko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

N55 valvetronic code 134F04

Hi,

Replaced valvetronic servomotor on friends n55, but having some problems after replacement.
It had before the code 133E10 Valvetronic system: disabled, to frequent Verstellfehler that i was not able to clear.
After replacing servomotor, we ran valvetronic teach-in procedure on ista+ and it succesfully passed all 450cycles + 50 additional fault free cycles.
After that the 133E10 code disappeared and now it gives new code
134F04 Valvetronic, adjustment range: Fault range check, and after clearing it, it comes right back after starting the car.

We tried running valvetronic limit position teach-in procedure but battery was too low even with charger connected (under 13,00v), i tried to start test with car running but then it procedure fails right away.

Trying tomorrow again after charging battery.
Any ideas? servomotor is new with built in new sensor and eccentric shaft looked fine and i felt no binding on it.
Does this sound like it related to valvetronic limits teach-in procedure on ista+ ?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beisofmarko View Post
Hi,

Replaced valvetronic servomotor on friends n55, but having some problems after replacement.
It had before the code 133E10 Valvetronic system: disabled, to frequent Verstellfehler that i was not able to clear.
After replacing servomotor, we ran valvetronic teach-in procedure on ista+ and it succesfully passed all 450cycles + 50 additional fault free cycles.
After that the 133E10 code disappeared and now it gives new code
134F04 Valvetronic, adjustment range: Fault range check, and after clearing it, it comes right back after starting the car.

We tried running valvetronic limit position teach-in procedure but battery was too low even with charger connected (under 13,00v), i tried to start test with car running but then it procedure fails right away.

Trying tomorrow again after charging battery.
Any ideas? servomotor is new with built in new sensor and eccentric shaft looked fine and i felt no binding on it.
Does this sound like it related to valvetronic limits teach-in procedure on ista+ ?
As far as I am aware, there are two procedures in ISTA. One simply activates valvetronic and one is a "fine tuning" procedure. There is no procedure to "learn limits." The car runs valvetronic through it's min and max range every time you unlock the car.
Appreciate 0