E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help with Aftermarket Lights ????

09-18-2021, 09:44 AM   #1
beamerpatrol@gmail.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Help with Aftermarket Lights ????

Help with Aftermarket Lights

beamerpatrol@gmail.com

27s
ago

I purchased a set of aftermarket lights for my E90 which didn't come fully plug & play. I hooked them up & everything is working how I want except for the High Beams. The lows work, the Flashers work, the blinkers work, but when I push & lock the stick for high beams all I get is the high beam signal on the dash;but no lights. Now my original lights were ALC Xeon & these are LED.( I think holegyn set up) My Question is... Is there a way to "Code my car for Holegyn Lights so that it uses the Flashers & High Beams like the cars that come from factory with them, or would that require a total rewiring & parts to make that happen? (because I know Xenon has a cover which covers up 1/2 the bulb to create low beams & moves away to create high beams) I'm wondering if how difficult it would be to change the lights over both mechanically & electronically Thanks in Advance!

Appreciate0



EDIT POST

 Refresh Thread

 Auto Refresh
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

There is a coding option in the FRM module that says “bi xenons installed” you have to disable that option for the high beams to work.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2021, 04:30 AM   #3
beamerpatrol@gmail.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
There is a coding option in the FRM module that says "bi xenons installed" you have to disable that option for the high beams to work.
Thank you so much for responding! I appreciate your help!!
Appreciate 0